The Obama Approved (Nazi)TSA sexual assault of former Miss USA

I imagine that is your confirmation bias speaking. Just like you keep "seeing" people being sexually molested by the TSA.

Could be, just like you continually see the TSA following procedures and never doing anything wrong. All you have on your side is that the government says it, while I have the fact that people are people and will sexually molest others whenever they have a chance.

Why do you trust the government despite all the evidence that people are abusive? Is in not possible that the occasional TSO does abuse their power? Isn't the fact that the TSA consistently denies it is happening evidence that they are part of a cover up?

To be honest, you remind me a lot of the apologists for the Catholic church when people accused priests of child abuse. Their attitude was that, if it is happening, it is extremely rare, and the church would take the necessary steps to make sure it did not happen again. My guess is that you did not believe that line coming from them, yet you believe it coming from the TSA because you want them to keep you safe.

Just something to think about.
I've never claimed the TSA is incapable of wrong doing. But it would be extremely hard for an agent to sexually molest someone. They aren't exactly doing their work in secret. And any actual molestation would elicit a very loud and immediate vocal response.

Do you automatically doubt any claim of sexual assault if it happens in a public place? I could easily cite numerous examples of people who have been convicted of sexual assault for feeling people up in bars, on buses, or even on a public street. I would think that putting on a uniform and forcing people to line up for you would make such an assault easier, not harder, but I have a suspicious and paranoid mind.

"no more intrusive or intensive than necessary, in light of current technology, to detect weapons or explosives, confined in good faith to that purpose "

A search confined in good faith for that purpose, is NOT sexual molestation.

It is if it violates a person sexually. And you have yet to prove to me that these searches are confined in good faith to that purpose.

Says the poster child for sheepleness:

"We have already noticed the intimate relation between the two amendments. They throw great light on each other. For the "unreasonable searches and seizures" condemned in the Fourth Amendment are almost always made for the purpose of compelling a man to give evidence against himself, which in criminal cases is condemned in the Fifth Amendment; and compelling a man "in a criminal case to be a witness against himself," which is condemned in the Fifth Amendment, throws light on the question as to what is an "unreasonable search and seizure" within the meaning of the Fourth Amendment. And we have been unable to perceive that the seizure of a man's private books and papers to be used in evidence against him is substantially different from compelling him to be a witness against himself. We think it is within the clear intent and meaning of those terms. "

Boyd v. United States, 116 U.S. 616, 6 S.Ct. 524, 29 L.Ed. 746 (U.S. 02/01/1886)

I wonder if the xcited 1 will try to claim that you are being disingenuous for citing that 1886 precedent...? :lol:

Courts characterize the routine administrative search conducted at a security checkpoint as a warrantless search, subject to the reasonableness requirements of the Fourth Amendment. Such a warrantless search, also known as an administrative search, is valid under the Fourth Amendment if it is "no more intrusive or intensive than necessary, in light of current technology, to detect weapons or explosives, " confined in good faith to that purpose," and passengers may avoid the search by electing not to fly. [See United States v. Davis, 482 F.2d 893, 908 (9th Cir. 1973)].
FourthAmendment.com - Post details: Airport screening searches no longer considered a matter of implied consent; they are regulatory searches, and they are not without limits

You realize that you just proved that your argument that people consent to these searches by flying is wrong, at least in the 9th Circuit, don't you?

The court ruled that the constitutionality of an airport screening search does not depend upon consent...

Our case law, however, has erroneously suggested that the reasonableness of airport screening searches is dependent upon consent, either ongoing consent or irrevocable implied consent.

The constitutionality of an airport screening search, however, does not depend on consent, see Biswell, 406 U.S. at 315, and requiring that a potential passenger be allowed to revoke consent to an ongoing airport security search makes little sense in a post-9/11 world. Such a rule would afford terrorists multiple opportunities to attempt to penetrate airport security by "electing not to fly" on the cusp of detection until a vulnerable portal is found. This rule would also allow terrorists a low-cost method of detecting systematic vulnerabilities in airport security, knowledge that could be extremely valuable in planning future attacks. Likewise, given that consent is not required, it makes little sense to predicate the reasonableness of an administrative airport screening search on an irrevocable implied consent theory. Rather, where an airport screening search is otherwise reasonable and conducted pursuant to statutory authority, 49 U.S.C. § 44901, all that is required is the passenger's election to attempt entry into the secured area of an airport. See Biswell, 406 U.S. at 315; 49 C.F.R. § 1540.107. Under current TSA regulations and procedures, that election occurs when a prospective passenger walks through the magnetometer or places items on the conveyor belt of the x-ray machine.

You realize that you just proved that your argument that people consent to these searches by flying is wrong, at least in the 9th Circuit, don't you?

The court ruled that the constitutionality of an airport screening search does not depend upon consent...

Our case law, however, has erroneously suggested that the reasonableness of airport screening searches is dependent upon consent, either ongoing consent or irrevocable implied consent.

The constitutionality of an airport screening search, however, does not depend on consent, see Biswell, 406 U.S. at 315, and requiring that a potential passenger be allowed to revoke consent to an ongoing airport security search makes little sense in a post-9/11 world. Such a rule would afford terrorists multiple opportunities to attempt to penetrate airport security by "electing not to fly" on the cusp of detection until a vulnerable portal is found. This rule would also allow terrorists a low-cost method of detecting systematic vulnerabilities in airport security, knowledge that could be extremely valuable in planning future attacks. Likewise, given that consent is not required, it makes little sense to predicate the reasonableness of an administrative airport screening search on an irrevocable implied consent theory. Rather, where an airport screening search is otherwise reasonable and conducted pursuant to statutory authority, 49 U.S.C. § 44901, all that is required is the passenger's election to attempt entry into the secured area of an airport. See Biswell, 406 U.S. at 315; 49 C.F.R. § 1540.107. Under current TSA regulations and procedures, that election occurs when a prospective passenger walks through the magnetometer or places items on the conveyor belt of the x-ray machine.

Which invalidates your argument that people consent to the search by flying.

Where did I say that, first of all? Secondly, they do consent by flying but the court ruled the constitutionality of the search is not even dependent upon it.

We're talking about airport security, not checkpoints and random searches,

We are talking about infringements of basic civil liberties. I take the same approach that Franklin took on this.

Driven by fear, we stand idle and fundamental liberty is swept aside.

and you keep deflecting and pretending the implementation of this airport security policy was political by repeating the word "leftist" as if repeating it will make it true...?

Basic airport security is one thing, non-intrusive means such as metal detectors. Nude scanners and feel ups are not only intrusive, but invasive.

We have held that airport screening searches, like the one at issue here, are constitutionally reasonable administrative searches because they are "conducted as part of a general regulatory scheme in furtherance of an administrative purpose, namely, to prevent the carrying of weapons or explosives aboard aircraft, and thereby to prevent hijackings." United States v. Davis, 482 F.2d 893, 908 (9th Cir. 1973); see also United States v. Hartwell, 436 F.3d 174, 178 (3d Cir.), cert. denied, 127 S. Ct. 111 (2006); Marquez, 410 F.3d at 616.

This dealt with non-invasive primary search, not with the invasive methods employed by TSA.

{WASHINGTON — In late February, the Transportation Security Administration took over the Amtrak station in Savannah, Ga., and thoroughly searched every person who entered. None of the passengers got into trouble, but the TSA certainly did — big time.

Amtrak Police Chief John O’Connor said he first thought a blog posting about the incident was a joke. When he discovered that the TSA’s VIPR team did at least some of what the blog said, he was livid. He ordered the VIPR teams off Amtrak property, at least until a firm agreement can be drawn up to prevent the TSA from taking actions that the chief said were illegal and clearly contrary to Amtrak policy.

“When I saw it, I didn’t believe it was real,” O’Connor said. When it developed that the posting on an anti-TSA blog was not a joke, “I hit the ceiling.”}

Amtrak Chief Targets TSA For Conducting “Illegal” Grope Downs

TSA is out of control.

We as a nation will have the liberty we demand, no more.

They ruled this in 1973 in response to metal detectors. Metal detectors are entirely non-intrusive. This is a vastly and wildly different proposal than the nude scanners and sexual groping conducted by the TSA.

Civil libertarians in 1973 warned of a "slippery slope" where a government allowed to xray luggage would soon demand to xray passengers. Statists declare the claim absurd, government peeking under women's skirts was laughable, paranoid...

Yet here we are, with the statists again defending the crushing of liberty in the name of temporary safety - until further intrusion is desired. Hey, TSA can tell if you have nipple rings or have a tampon in, but they can't tell if a girl's hymen is intact, maybe that will be next?

A legal administrative search at the airport is not fascism and the TSA pat-downs have been implemented since 2002.

"We have already noticed the intimate relation between the two amendments. They throw great light on each other. For the "unreasonable searches and seizures" condemned in the Fourth Amendment are almost always made for the purpose of compelling a man to give evidence against himself, which in criminal cases is condemned in the Fifth Amendment; and compelling a man "in a criminal case to be a witness against himself," which is condemned in the Fifth Amendment, throws light on the question as to what is an "unreasonable search and seizure" within the meaning of the Fourth Amendment. And we have been unable to perceive that the seizure of a man's private books and papers to be used in evidence against him is substantially different from compelling him to be a witness against himself. We think it is within the clear intent and meaning of those terms. "

Boyd v. United States, 116 U.S. 616, 6 S.Ct. 524, 29 L.Ed. 746 (U.S. 02/01/1886)

I wonder if the xcited 1 will try to claim that you are being disingenuous for citing that 1886 precedent...? :lol:

Courts characterize the routine administrative search conducted at a security checkpoint as a warrantless search, subject to the reasonableness requirements of the Fourth Amendment. Such a warrantless search, also known as an administrative search, is valid under the Fourth Amendment if it is "no more intrusive or intensive than necessary, in light of current technology, to detect weapons or explosives, " confined in good faith to that purpose," and passengers may avoid the search by electing not to fly. [See United States v. Davis, 482 F.2d 893, 908 (9th Cir. 1973)].

FourthAmendment.com - Post details: Airport screening searches no longer considered a matter of implied consent; they are regulatory searches, and they are not without limits

Just so you know , the ORIGINAL CONSTITUTION was adopted in 1787 , so why is the age of the precedent relevant?!?!?!?!?!!?

Just so you know , the ORIGINAL CONSTITUTION was adopted in 1787 , so why is the age of the precedent relevant?!?!?!?!?!!?

I was joking because the other night xcited1 tried to claim my referencing the legal precedent from 1973 was disingenuous...

I noticed you ignored the facts about when the procedure was implemented only to repeat your lie 15 posts later. :eusa_liar:

What are you buzzing about, drone? Do you even know?

BTW, now you're saying we shouldn't even need to show a passport or license either? :lol:

You mean just random checks? No, we should not.

I suspect that much of your hostility toward basic civil liberties is born of your complete lack of grasp of the concept of liberty.

I don't care whether an infringement causes direct and immediate harm. A free people are left unmolested in their daily lives. Checkpoints and random searches are features of a police state, not a free people.

I grew up in a free country - I support making this nation free again.

We're talking about airport security, not checkpoints and random searches, and you keep deflecting and pretending the implementation of this airport security policy was political by repeating the word "leftist" as if repeating it will make it true...?

We have held that airport screening searches, like the one at issue here, are constitutionally reasonable administrative searches because they are "conducted as part of a general regulatory scheme in furtherance of an administrative purpose, namely, to prevent the carrying of weapons or explosives aboard aircraft, and thereby to prevent hijackings." United States v. Davis, 482 F.2d 893, 908 (9th Cir. 1973); see also United States v. Hartwell, 436 F.3d 174, 178 (3d Cir.), cert. denied, 127 S. Ct. 111 (2006); Marquez, 410 F.3d at 616.

A particular airport security screening search is constitutionally reasonable provided that it "is no more extensive nor intensive than necessary, in the light of current technology, to detect the presence of weapons or explosives [] [and] that it is confined in good faith to that purpose." Davis, 482 F.2d at 913.

Bullshit.

How can the search be reasonable if evidence that a passenger is carrying explosives or weapons can cause him to be prosecuted?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

The sheeple never cease to amaze me.

What are you buzzing about, drone? Do you even know?

You mean just random checks? No, we should not.

I suspect that much of your hostility toward basic civil liberties is born of your complete lack of grasp of the concept of liberty.

I don't care whether an infringement causes direct and immediate harm. A free people are left unmolested in their daily lives. Checkpoints and random searches are features of a police state, not a free people.

I grew up in a free country - I support making this nation free again.

We're talking about airport security, not checkpoints and random searches, and you keep deflecting and pretending the implementation of this airport security policy was political by repeating the word "leftist" as if repeating it will make it true...?

A particular airport security screening search is constitutionally reasonable provided that it "is no more extensive nor intensive than necessary, in the light of current technology, to detect the presence of weapons or explosives [] [and] that it is confined in good faith to that purpose." Davis, 482 F.2d at 913.

Bullshit.

How can the search be reasonable if evidence that a passenger is carrying explosives or weapons can cause him to be prosecuted?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

You think passengers who attempt to carry explosives onto airplanes shouldn't be prosecuted???

Bullshit.

You think passengers who attempt to carry explosives onto airplanes shouldn't be prosecuted???

1) Prior to 1965 Americans could carry their firearms on board. There was never a problem;

2) At this point and time TSA is not sophisticated enough to prevent passengers from taking ALL explosives on board. I prefer that explosives not be brought into the aircraft . Unfortunately, our crazy foreign policy causes individuals to try to RETALIATE against us in some shape or form.

3) The point is that individuals should not be compelled to provide evidence against themselves.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish that a few of the passengers on the flights that went into the WTC had had big assed knives on them. Things would have been VERY different. Since they were all unarmed, a few fucking boxcutters gave the Muslims superior weapons.

Where did I say that, first of all? Secondly, they do consent by flying but the court ruled the constitutionality of the search is not even dependent upon it.

If you consent by flying you can revoke that consent by deciding not to fly. That is how implied consent works in the real world, which is why police cannot force you to take an DUI test without a warrant. You have the option of revoking your consent by surrendering your license.

If you were not one of the ones that made that particular argument I apologize, it seems to be that everyone thinks that clinches the defense of the searches, and I cannot remember exactly who has said it when so many people do.

Bullshit.

We can talk about if the TSA ever catches anyone trying to do so. so far they haven't stopped anyone.

If you consent by flying you can revoke that consent by deciding not to fly. That is how implied consent works in the real world, which is why police cannot force you to take an DUI test without a warrant. You have the option of revoking your consent by surrendering your license.

If you were not one of the ones that made that particular argument I apologize, it seems to be that everyone thinks that clinches the defense of the searches, and I cannot remember exactly who has said it when so many people do.

Actually the court ruled, if you bothered to read my link, that the search at that point no longer required consent even though a passenger at the last minute tried to elect not to fly...

Defendant went into the security line at the Honolulu airport, but it was noted on his boarding pass that he presented "No ID" to get through security. He was accordingly selected for secondary screening, although he was protesting that his flight was about to leave, which it was. A handheld wand went off on a front pants pocket three times, and he protested that he had nothing in his pocket. The TSA officer used the back of his hand to feel what might be setting off the alarm on the wand, and something was in there but he could not tell what it was. Defendant at that point asked to leave the airport because he changed his mind about flying. The TSA officer told him to empty his pockets, and a meth pipe was found in the front pocket. A further search of his person revealed meth. The Ninth Circuit held that airport searches no longer are dependent upon implied consent; they are now administrative searches because flying on an airplane in a post-9/11 world is now the same as a "highly regulated industry." Any "implied consent," thus, cannot be revoked once the passenger elects to enter the secure area. Such searches, however, are not limitless; they are limited by their justification: screening for terrorists. This search was reasonable under the circumstances. United States v. Aukai, 497 F.3d 955 (9th Cir. 2007) (en banc):

Now I can understand the fact that seraching a child but let's say they stop searching all together what do you think would happen....then when it dous everyone will blame the government and say why didn't you search them before they got on the plane...if you feel so bad about them doing it have someone video tape them searching you then if it's to intense file a charge. Its not that big of a deal...or you can do what my buddy did when he was searched he told them if they grabed his junk longer then 2 secs he was going to punch them...well it worked but it all depends on what kind of person you are.

I'm at the airport everyday working for an airline. I eat lunch next to TSA clowns everyday, they are a really bad joke. When you find that your bag has been roughed up and there are valuables missing, 9 times out of 10 it's TSA assholes. Your bag is late and misses it's flight, 9.9 out of 10 it's TSA assholes. They have a huge dark room, at least 150 x 150 feet where they are by themselves, playing with your bags........ I've been there and seen it, no civilians see them.
It is amazing how many bags I have touched that were vibrating....... that's TSA playing a joke on the airline personnel by turning on whatever electric item they find in the bag....... razor, toothbrush, dildo....... they think this is so funny. They also leave zippers unzipped so items end up all over the place..........
Does that tell you anything about the clowns that work for them? You can put a cute uniform on a pig and you will still end up with a pig..... in uniform.

Yes, and some people have a hissy fit and wet their pants at the first sign of an authority figure in uniform... Meanwhile, the vast majority of us go through the x-ray screener and have a nice day.

How much is TSA paying per hour nowadays?

I hope I see you in an airport someday crying and moaning because you're scared of the big bad X ray machine and being subjected to the "sexual assault" of a pat down, so I can point and laugh as I breeze through the X Ray and go on my merry way. That would make me laugh.

it is people like you, the complicit ones. The ones who are willing to knuckle under to an all powerful central government. You are 100% pro -security without freedom.
Nearly 230 years ago a group of very wise men drew up a document that made the infant nation known as the United States of America a unique experiment in freedom and liberty. No other nation in existence acknowledged that liberty to all people is inherent from birth. That document known as the United States Constitution indicated that human rights were God given and not granted by government. These great men believed and affirmed that government should fear the people, not the other way around.
People like you wish to turn that on it's head. You want government to control your lives. You consider all people useless without the constant oversight of government.
Authoritarian people in government count on your fear and wailing for protection to enact restrictive policies and laws. It is because people like you are willing to put with police state-like rules and laws that our freedom and liberties are being slowly eroded away.
If you like absolute security so much, why do you live here in the US?

Forum List

Back