The Obamacare implosion is worse than you think

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
The leftist fanatics have been scrabbling to divert attention from the disaster that is the rollout of Obamacare's "exchanges". They must be thanking their lucky stars that the government shutdown (well, 17% of the govt) came along when it did. They can argue and bicker about that, instead of about a SERIOUS issue such as the complete flop of Obamacare.

If there had been a few bugs here and there (a normal occurrance with brand-new, large systems), they would have been ironed out quickly, in a day or two max.

But the more people try to use the exchange websites, the more problems come up, the more trouble they have, and the more people fail to sign up.

How long will it be before we are told that this new car has square wheels, a plastic frame, wooden seats, and an engine that is permanently locked up?

And if the government can't even run a webiste (which is far simpler than Obamacare itself), are they really the ones we want to trust with the nation's entire health care system?

---------------------------------------------------

Marc Thiessen: The Obamacare implosion is worse than you think - The Washington Post

The Obamacare implosion is worse than you think

By Marc A. Thiessen
Published: October 14

Obamacare is imploding. But thanks to the government shutdown, everyone is talking about the implosion of the GOP instead.

The shutdown drama has distracted from the fact that Obamacare’s debut is worse than many realize — and it threatens the fundamental viability of the law itself. The administration claims the Obamacare online exchanges crashed because the Web site got more than 8 million hits in the first week. Please. You know how many people visit Amazon.com every week? More than 70 million. The difference is: 1.) Amazon seldom crashes, and 2.) on Amazon, people actually buy something.

It appears virtually no one is buying Obamacare. While administration officials brag about how many visitors the site is getting, they refuse to divulge how many people actually signed up. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius was asked that directly by Jon Stewart on “The Daily Show.” “Fully enrolled?” Sebelius stuttered. “I can’t tell you. Because I don’t know.” That is a frightening admission of incompetence. If the Obama administration can’t even track how many people signed up, how on earth is it going to verify whether those people are eligible for subsidies? How will it protect against fraud?

The Post reported this past weekend that the failure of the Web site is worse than previously known: “Even when consumers have been able to sign up, insurers sometimes can’t tell who their new customers are because of a separate set of computer defects.” It turns out that in some 99 percent of applications, the Obamacare site did not provide insurers with enough verifiable information to enroll people in their plans.

Computer experts say the problems with the site are not because of heavy traffic but are the result of structural flaws in system architecture. It is going to take months to rebuild it. That raises a question: If the federal government can’t manage a simple Web site, how on earth is it going to manage the health care of millions of Americans?

Obozocare is really a tax. Half the money we pay in premiums will go to expanded welfare programs that buy more votes for the democrats. That's why premiums are so sky high.

The system we had was ok with me.

Obozocare is really a tax. Half the money we pay in premiums will go to expanded welfare programs that buy more votes for the democrats. That's why premiums are so sky high.

The system we had was ok with me.

With the old system they couldn't control you. Progressives need to control you, it gives them power.

Amazon built up their infrastructure over years. The health care line only just opened.

Apple phones have glitches and still people buy them.

]

Hey stupid. Apple phones still work. Not perfectly but pretty good. Obozocare doesn't work at all. Imagine if apple brought out a phone that didn't do anything right. HAHA

Amazon built up their infrastructure over years. The health care line only just opened.

Security glitches and supply shortages no match for die-hard Apple fans | SiliconBeat

Windows glitches to get fixes - CNET News

Right wingerteanutjobers always trying to find an angle.

Fail!​

Sure they buy Apple phones but they aren't forced to buy them against their will. If you want something to work right let the free market run it.

Security glitches and supply shortages no match for die-hard Apple fans | SiliconBeat

Fail!​

Do you ever use any analogy or fact that isn't already spoon fed to you by Obonzo or the main stream media? I mean the Apple phone shit...again? My comment isn't meant to be personal, but for God sakes man, get at least one original thought of your own.

Fail!​

Sure they buy Apple phones but they aren't forced to buy them against their will. If you want something to work right let the free market run it.

Either the pain is spread out or we go bankrupt using emergency rooms as health care. Thinking gets easier over time.

Implosion is worse than I think? NO! It's exactly what I expected. Obama care is working just as planned. If anyone believes that Obamacare was designed to work they are fools. Obamacare was designed to fail and create chaos. The demand for single payer was the intent (see Obama's comments on single payer in 2003) and this is the first step toward that goal. Don't write off the subversive brillance of the administration.

Forum List

Back