The reason for Easter

The Irish Ram

LITTLE GIRL / Ram Tough
Apr 10, 2011
diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1586618472070.png

You have been pardoned.

While we are to triumph over evil, we all fall short. Christ paid the debt we owe.
Acts 3:19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,

1586620248672.png

Last edited:
I thought it was an excuse for adults to buy themselves discounted candy the day after. :dunno:

View attachment 322100
You have been pardoned.
Why do I doubt that all the murderers in the world are pardoned on easter?

They are if they ask to be forgiven. King David is a perfect example. Murderer and yet the apple of His Father's eye. Because of David repentant heart.
Christ was punished and died in the murderer's place, so that the murderer's sins can be put behind God, and He remembers them no more. It is a gift, from Jesus to us. Accept the gift...

View attachment 322100
You have been pardoned.
Why do I doubt that all the murderers in the world are pardoned on easter?

They are if they ask to be forgiven. King David is a perfect example. Murderer and yet the apple of His Father's eye. Because of David repentant heart.
Christ was punished and died in the murderer's place, so that the murderer's sins can be put behind God, and He remembers them no more. It is a gift, from Jesus to us. Accept the gift...

So then why threaten people with hell and eternal damnation if all they have to do is repent and say I'm sorry?

It isn't a threat, it is a warning. Sin belongs in hell. So that God's children don't end up there, God offered us a sin free record in place of our own. Then gave it to us as a gift. And (if you are genuinely sorry) all you have to say is, "I am sorry", and "Thank you".
Your seat at your Father's table is reserved.

Regardless of one's belief in his divinity, Jesus offered himself up as a sacrifice for our sins. In so doing, he confirmed the value of the human soul.

Forum List

Back