The state of intellect/logic in 2024. I was speaking to a clerk at a store today...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
...as I am a gregarious fellow walking each day with G-d as my guide. I began to speak to this man as the store in which he worked for was now in liquidation.

I expressed my discontent and then we discussed Amazon and other competitors who have decimated the retail industry in one form or another.

He then starts on covid, the shut downs etc. I acknowledged his concerns and the hypocrisy at that time.

He then turns to "I'm not a conspiracy guy or whatever, but I think the entire thing was B.S". He was a bit more animated than I expected, so I paused, immediately recognizing the conflict with his words all within a short sentence but allowed him some latitude as it was a sweeping statement.

"Yeah, closing of some stores and not others was quite odd" I said. Hoping to invoke some agreement and confirmation that this was what he was relating with his comment, he disappoints me by following with, "no I think the whole thing was B.S. From the concerns, vaccinations and all"

Not being a neophyte to the impulses of citizens. I shifted to some small talk, ignoring his comment for the most part and bid him adieu.

Now we have all had opinions in which we state "I am not a conspiracy theorists, but..." We shouldn't then go off the deep end. This is the logic we must wrestle with as good men of our Age. It won't improve I fear.

Last edited:
(A) There ARE conspiracies, and they are rampant.

(B) There ARE facts, and they can usually be found, with a little digging.

(C) If confronted by a conspiracy theory, it is worth pointing out facts that either support or refute the existence of the conspiracy.

As for the store clerk you mention, the numbers of deaths from Covid refute the theory he believes, but certainly many subversive elements of our society (and the world, to tell the truth) sought to gain political advantage from the existence of, and fears about, the Pandemic. In fact, without the Pandemic and associated irrational fears, President Trump would now be finishing out his second term.

And that ain't no theory. It is fact.

...as I am a gregarious fellow walking each day with G-d as my guide. I began to speak to this man as the store in which he worked for was now in liquidation.

I expressed my discontent and then we discussed Amazon and other competitors who have decimated the retail industry in one form or another.

He then starts on covid, the shut downs etc. I acknowledged his concerns and the hypocrisy at that time.

He then turns to "I'm not a conspiracy guy or whatever, but I think the entire thing was B.S". He was a bit more animated than I expected, so I paused, immediately recognizing the conflict with his words all within a short sentence but allowed him some latitude as it was a sweeping statement.

"Yeah, closing of some stores and not others was quite odd" I said. Hoping to invoke some agreement and confirmation that this was what he was relating with his comment, he disappoints me by following with, "no I think the whole thing was B.S. From the concerns, vaccinations and all"

Not being a neophyte to the impulses of citizens. I shifted to some small talk, ignoring his comment for the most part and bid him adieu.

Now we have all had opinions in which we state "I am not a conspiracy theorist, but..." We shouldn't then go off the deep end. This is the logic we must wrestle with as good men of our Age. It won't improve I fear.
Preemptive Perversion

A "conspiracy" is nothing but a game plan. Part of the real conspiracy is to create off-the-wall conspiracies to discredit the idea that there are any real conspiracies.

Covid was an immune-deficiency disorder, like Stephen Hawking's Lou Gehrig disease. It was not a contagion. The fake conspiracy was that it was an attack by the Chinese, whom the Cold-War nostalgics are trying to demonize.

Is it possible you might be in denial?

Small businesses were demolished, and mega global corporations profited, this is not a conspiracy.

:dunno:

Updates: Billionaire Wealth, U.S. Job Losses and Pandemic Profiteers​

Boomers’ $72 trillion Great Wealth Transfer to millennials will probably come with some strings attached​

The ‘great wealth transfer’ isn’t $72 trillion but $129 trillion, BofA says—and the government gave most of it to baby boomers​

The ‘great wealth transfer’ isn’t $72 trillion but $129 trillion, BofA says—and the government gave most of it to baby boomers​

1711047134439.png

Is it possible you might be in denial?

Small businesses were demolished, and mega global corporations profited, this is not a conspiracy.

:dunno:

Updates: Billionaire Wealth, U.S. Job Losses and Pandemic Profiteers​

Boomers’ $72 trillion Great Wealth Transfer to millennials will probably come with some strings attached​

People died and were sick from covid, yes or no?

He was declaring that all of this was B.S. There was no illness or threat. A thread too far for me to follow.

Now we have all had opinions in which we state "I am not a conspiracy theorists, but..." We shouldn't then go off the deep end. This is the logic we must wrestle with as good men of our Age. It won't improve I fear.
You are sounding like a brain-washed Canadian. Pity, that.

He was declaring that all of this was B.S. There was no illness or threat. A thread too far for me to follow.'68
The actual excess mortality from COVID, was only a hundredth of a percent, or maybe two hundredths of a percent or two, more, than it was from the Hong Kong Flu of '68.

. . . You know? When they held Woodstock? How does the social distancing look here? :dunno:

iu

The US Constitution was written at a time, when small pox was ravenging the nation. . . do you have any idea how virulent and deadly that disease is?

. . hmmmm?????

So no, he was not being conspiracist AT ALL.. You have to face the fact, that the global media brainwashed the hell out of you with an international corporate psy-op.

YOU FELL FOR IT!

The actual excess mortality from COVID, was only a hundredth of a percent, or maybe two hundredths of a percent or two, more, than it was from the Hong Kong Flu of '68.

. . . You know? When they held Woodstock? How does the social distancing look here? :dunno:

iu

The US Constitution was written at a time, when small pox was ravenging the nation. . . do you have any idea how virulent and deadly that disease is?

. . hmmmm?????

So no, he was not being conspiracist AT ALL.. You have to face the fact, that the global media brainwashed the hell out of you with an international corporate psy-op.

YOU FELL FOR IT!
I fell for it? Brother I HAD it. Twice.

One time in particular I can assure you that it was real. If not for my G-d given strong immune system, I would have been out of commission for a long time. In one case my heart literally stopped and I couldn't breath for 2 seconds or so. It was the most frightening two seconds of my life.

Last edited:

iu

. . hmmmm?????

YOU FELL FOR IT!
Woodstock was in '69. A year after the Hong Kong flu.

People died from the flu, yes or no?

I conclude that Covid-19 was a manufactured virus from China that was not especially dangerous to the general population, but was seized upon to advance certain political agendas and affect the 2020 US Presidential Election. Does that make me a "conspiracy theorist?" If so, I consider that to be an intellectual compliment.

Last edited:
Woodstock was in '69. A year after the Hong Kong flu.
Yeah, I was thinking I had the year of Woodstock wrong. . . but the year of the flu? Not set in stone, anymore than COVID was.

"The Hong Kong flu, also known as the 1968 flu pandemic, was a flu pandemic that occurred in 1968 and 1969 and which killed between one and four million people globally.[1][2][3][4][5] It is among the deadliest pandemics in history, and was caused by an H3N2 strain of the influenza A virus.. . . "

I feel for it? Brother I HAD it. Twice.

One time in particular I can assure you that it was real. If not for my G-d given strong immune system, I would have been out of commission for a long time. In one case my heart literally stopped and I couldn't breath for 2 seconds or so. It was the most frightening two seconds of my life.
No one denies it was COVID & was real.

What is NOT a conspiracy theory, is boot licking statists, allowed authoritarians to use it as an excuse to destroy people's lives!

That isn't a conspiracy theory, IT HAPPENED!

Is should never be allowed to happen again.
The interlocking directorate threw folks off of YouTube and twitter. They had to resell that limited hangout, and invent Rumble, b/c folks have lost faith in the establishment! :rolleyes:

If this happens again? Next time simple apologies should not be accepted. Next time, they ought to bring out the guillotines and nooses, IMO.

Time stamp: 2: 00 : 00

(A) There ARE conspiracies, and they are rampant.

(B) There ARE facts, and they can usually be found, with a little digging.

(C) If confronted by a conspiracy theory, it is worth pointing out facts that either support or refute the existence of the conspiracy.

As for the store clerk you mention, the numbers of deaths from Covid refute the theory he believes, but certainly many subversive elements of our society (and the world, to tell the truth) sought to gain political advantage from the existence of, and fears about, the Pandemic. In fact, without the Pandemic and associated irrational fears, President Trump would now be finishing out his second term.

And that ain't no theory. It is fact.

Trump sabotaged his presidency and his reelection. The people voted him out.

Yeah, I was thinking I had the year of Woodstock wrong. . . but the year of the flu? Not set in stone, anymore than COVID was.

"The Hong Kong flu, also known as the 1968 flu pandemic, was a flu pandemic that occurred in 1968 and 1969 and which killed between one and four million people globally.[1][2][3][4][5] It is among the deadliest pandemics in history, and was caused by an H3N2 strain of the influenza A virus.. . . "

I remember that well. The crackpots claimed the flu shot was a government conspiracy.

Facts now largely show your friend to be right.
Why were unvaccinated children allowed to die by Biden ? And then he says getting the rest of the cournty vaccinated was a top priority...then he went on vacation and totally dropped the whole thing.

Facts now largely show your friend to be right.
Why were unvaccinated children allowed to die by Biden ? And then he says getting the rest of the cournty vaccinated was a top priority...then he went on vacation and totally dropped the whole thing.

Did you expect Biden to administer vaccines?

Forum List

Back