🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Time of the Assassins

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Interesting piece by an Arab who appears to be a very clear thinker about what is going on.

The Arab world has no counterforce to the murderers in our midst.

By HISHAM MELHEM

January 09, 2015

There is something malignant in the brittle world the Arab peoples inhabit. A murderous, fanatical, atavistic Islamist ideology espoused by Salafi Jihadist killers is sweeping that world and shaking it to its foundations, and the reverberations are felt in faraway continents. On the day the globalized wrath of these assassins claimed the lives of the Charlie Hebdo twelve in Paris, it almost simultaneously claimed the lives of 38 Yemenis in their capital Sana’a, and an undetermined number of victims in Syria and Iraq. Like the Hydra beast of ancient Greece this malignancy has many heads: al Qaeda, the Islamic State, Sunni Salafists and Shiite fanatics, armies and parties of God and militias of the Mahdi. This monstrous ideology has been terrorizing Arab lands long before it visited New York on 9/11, and its butchers assassinated Arab journalists and intellectuals years before committing the Paris massacre of French journalists, cartoonists and police officers.

Continue reading at:

The Time of the Assassins - Hisham Melhem - POLITICO Magazine

sally, are we surprised? I did not expect that people would understand just what the HARBINGER "arab spring" was all about------when it happened (about ?? three years ago) I tried to explain "this is gonna get very bloody" ----but was shot down over and over again. OK it's happening ----no surprise to me and probably not to you. I was even told to drop my "obsession" with the harmless "CALIPHATE"

Interesting piece by an Arab who appears to be a very clear thinker about what is going on.

The Arab world has no counterforce to the murderers in our midst.

By HISHAM MELHEM

January 09, 2015

There is something malignant in the brittle world the Arab peoples inhabit. A murderous, fanatical, atavistic Islamist ideology espoused by Salafi Jihadist killers is sweeping that world and shaking it to its foundations, and the reverberations are felt in faraway continents. On the day the globalized wrath of these assassins claimed the lives of the Charlie Hebdo twelve in Paris, it almost simultaneously claimed the lives of 38 Yemenis in their capital Sana’a, and an undetermined number of victims in Syria and Iraq. Like the Hydra beast of ancient Greece this malignancy has many heads: al Qaeda, the Islamic State, Sunni Salafists and Shiite fanatics, armies and parties of God and militias of the Mahdi. This monstrous ideology has been terrorizing Arab lands long before it visited New York on 9/11, and its butchers assassinated Arab journalists and intellectuals years before committing the Paris massacre of French journalists, cartoonists and police officers.

Continue reading at:

The Time of the Assassins - Hisham Melhem - POLITICO Magazine
Oh my........ :cool:

The world is waking up to the Radical Islamist. More and more people are realizing that Islam is a cancer :cool:

I do hope I am not hijacking a thread here. It shows some dead bodies but nothing gruesome I would say. What is in here should shock any human being however.

Forum List

Back