The Tree House

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Ok, so I have been looking at some properties in different areas that I could build a tree house on. Not as a vacation home away from home but as a home. Shoot, I want to zipline to it from at least one area because it would be fun.

Anyway, I want to research the hell out of it first before I make a final decision. One of my primary concerns has been utilities on land that doesn't have them. I have found a post that kind of goes over that here:

My questions are: Have you done this and what kind of problems did you encounter?

Ok, so I have been looking at some properties in different areas that I could build a tree house on. Not as a vacation home away from home but as a home. Shoot, I want to zipline to it from at least one area because it would be fun.

Anyway, I want to research the hell out of it first before I make a final decision. One of my primary concerns has been utilities on land that doesn't have them. I have found a post that kind of goes over that here:

My questions are: Have you done this and what kind of problems did you encounter?
Yes, I've done it and all builders have too. (I'm not a builder)

The nature of your question tells us that you have no idea of even the basics. You can't even ask the relevant questions.

At least establish whether or not your tree house will be permitted! Then you may want to find out if there are services to the property line??

I've always wondered "why?" about fancy treehouses.

Yes, a cabin in the woods is nice, but why make everything much more difficult by sticking it up in a tree?

I don't know that it would be "fancy" so much as it would have everything that I need. I don't even know if I can pull this off. I caught myself thinking---nah! Can't do it. lol

But what if I could? I explore it and it's either doable or it's too much and I can't do it. I won't know until I really start trying to piece it together.

Why?

Why not? Although, I have also thought about a cabin.

Forum List

Back