The Ultimate Goal of Democrats is finally being realized!

Ordinary Guy

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2021
America's low labor participation rate 'a social and economic disaster,' experts warn

Economists are sounding the alarm over millions of would-be workers refusing to return

By now it's common knowledge that the U.S. saw an unprecedented drop in labor participation at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 as health concerns, lockdowns and stimulus payments caused tens of millions to abandon or forfeit their jobs.

But three years later, millions still haven't returned – including many who quit in the middle of their prime working years – and some economists are sounding the alarm that so many capable, would-be earners remain out of the workforce.

When the Labor Department reported last month that unemployment dropped to 3.4% in January, the lowest level in more than 50 years, not all experts were celebrating.

Democrats love a dependent society!-OG

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...r-experts-warn

I retired at 58. I suppose that can still be considered a prime working age. It's Democrats fault I did that and I'm not interested in going back to work?

Let's also note, it's been well documented that Maria was one of those willing to say anything to keep ratings up.

I retired at 58. I suppose that can still be considered a prime working age. It's Democrats fault I did that and I'm not interested in going back to work?

Let's also note, it's been well documented that Maria was one of those willing to say anything to keep ratings up.
Good point, I retired a bit sooner but not by much. While I dabble in the alternate economy just for fun money there is no fucking way I'd subject myself to today's workplace.

America's low labor participation rate 'a social and economic disaster,' experts warn

Economists are sounding the alarm over millions of would-be workers refusing to return

By now it's common knowledge that the U.S. saw an unprecedented drop in labor participation at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 as health concerns, lockdowns and stimulus payments caused tens of millions to abandon or forfeit their jobs.

But three years later, millions still haven't returned – including many who quit in the middle of their prime working years – and some economists are sounding the alarm that so many capable, would-be earners remain out of the workforce.

When the Labor Department reported last month that unemployment dropped to 3.4% in January, the lowest level in more than 50 years, not all experts were celebrating.

It is to destroy this country from within, then rebuilt it the way they want. Communism across the globe, no one is allowed personal freedoms.

A capitalistic, free-market economy is 100% dependent upon a struggling Proletariat made up of people willing to toil right at or slightly below the poverty line their entire lives. Most of them will never rise in SES.
Think of them as the human "ants" that make the colony (the economy) actually function. It is their labor that generates income (and ultimately) wealth.
The owners and investors and boards of directors and bankers (and so on) rarely (if ever) actually "produce" anything.
The wealth generated by the ants simply funnels up the pyramid to them and sustains them.

But.....IF the ants ever decide "screw it! I'd rather live on the street in a cardboard box and scrounge in dumpsters than bust my ass all day working for these assholes in these conditions so I can BARELY make enough to pay rent on this dump so I'll have a place to sleep between shifts......"

Then it ALL falls apart.
The house of cards begins to crumble.
The ruse cannot be sustained and Capitalism begins to unravel at the seams.

That is all we are seeing. The beginning of the end.

It only took shutting the world down for 2 years and bankrupting our future. With our debt load at 31 $T and growing by 1-2 $T per year, we are nearing the denouement. Global society has been thoroughly destabilized and now the globalist PTB are set up to simply inflict one final "crisis" that will cause cascading failures. But no worries! They have a plan!

A capitalistic, free-market economy is 100% dependent upon a struggling Proletariat made up of people willing to toil right at or slightly below the poverty line their entire lives. Most of them will never rise in SES.
Think of them as the human "ants" that make the colony (the economy) actually function. It is their labor that generates income (and ultimately) wealth.
The owners and investors and boards of directors and bankers (and so on) rarely (if ever) actually "produce" anything.
The wealth generated by the ants simply funnels up the pyramid to them and sustains them.

But.....IF the ants ever decide "screw it! I'd rather live on the street in a cardboard box and scrounge in dumpsters than bust my ass all day working for these assholes in these conditions so I can BARELY make enough to pay rent on this dump so I'll have a place to sleep between shifts......"

Then it ALL falls apart.

ImCommieNow.jpg

I just retired at 56. We need folks like you out there working hard, so keep at it geezer. Make America Great!

Then it ALL falls apart.

It's not ending anytime soon, they've managed to keep this model working for the past 50 years, but it is nearing a tipping point.

Anecdotal stories are just that. They prove nothing.

For years generally speaking one person worked in a household. Usually the man. That system was slowly priced out of the system. You had to have both the man and woman working to make ends meet.

I noted I retired at 58. The reason I was able to was because both my wife and I had worked. (she retired at 55). Did Democrats do that?

Why is it I should go back to work? (we both retired in the time frame noted, 2020). I should go back to work so labor prices can go down? LOL. No.

Just think if we removed 10 plus million from the work force? When you realize it's never going to happen, stop arguing it should as you know it's never going to happen.

Then it ALL falls apart.

You clearly missed the whole point which is a shame, one is expected to life themselves not keep the first career they happen upon. I once worked for minimum wage 40 years ago, one can climb the ladder but he/she has to be willing to put in some effort. Directors aren't born into their jobs, they rise to them. Hourly people never understand the strains unless they come off the clock and become salaried. the higher one climbs the more one realize the strain.

Anecdotal stories are just that. They prove nothing.

For years generally speaking one person worked in a household. Usually the man. That system was slowly priced out of the system. You had to have both the man and woman working to make ends meet.

I noted I retired at 58. The reason I was able to was because both my wife and I had worked. (she retired at 55). Did Democrats do that?

Why is it I should go back to work? (we both retired in the time frame noted, 2020). I should go back to work so labor prices can go down? LOL. No.

Just think if we removed 10 plus million from the work force? When you realize it's never going to happen, stop arguing it should as you know it's never going to happen.
we didn't remove them, they removed themselves and many are not being support through various unsustainable programs. I am renting to one such couple now and they are getting slower and slower on their rent, I suspect their front door will have to be removed in a few weeks as it is not closing properly.

There are plenty of opportunities out there for the working class to do well.
My wife (both our second marriage), when she left her first husband she knew she needed a means to sustain herself. She didn't rely on alimony or child support. She got a certification in a field that interested her in the medical field. This was 2014. By 2016, she completed her certification and found a job in a local health system making a decent wage to start. I think somewhere around 45K a year.

Within 6 months, her employer promoted her to an Auditor and Trainer and she got a nice bump.

A few year later she went back to school, and got her associates and another professional certification.

Now, in these past 2 months, she was approached by a recruiter for a new role. She is now making, before any OT or bonus, just over 90K a year. The span of 7 years she went from being a stay at home mom, to doing very well for herself.

Now, tell me there aren't opportunities? People can sit on their ass and blame "the system" all they want, but there are plenty of opportunities if you want to apply yourself.

we didn't remove them, they removed themselves and many are not being support through various unsustainable programs. I am renting to one such couple now and they are getting slower and slower on their rent, I suspect their front door will have to be removed in a few weeks as it is not closing properly.

It is getting harder and harder for even two income families to make ends meet.

My wife asked me what happens if things go bad and our money is lost. I told her that if that happens any contract between people and society would have to have been violated, I'll be old and I'll figure out how to steal what we needed.

It is getting harder and harder for even two income families to make ends meet.

My wife asked me what happens if things go bad and our money is lost. I told her that if that happens any contract between people and society would have to have been violated, I'll be old and I'll figure out how to steal what we needed.
luckily we owe nothing so we will figure it out when that time comes

Interesting that our peak as an industrial power house came when the LFPR was much lower than it is now.

Forum List

Back