The West is no longer the center of global affairs

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

We are living through a transition period in world affairs. The power and the unity of Western countries to act as the ultimate arbiters of global affairs is not collapsing, but is in clear decline.

It is clear that the West's political character is changing fast, as more "nation-first" leaders and parties gain sway. Examples include a possible victory by bullet-dodging Donald Trump in November's U.S. presidential election, or Hungarian President Viktor Orban using his country's presidency of the European Union to push contradictory messages to traditional Western foreign policy elites.

In time, this will alter the West's global personality.

Good OpEd piece. It ties in well with a previous article about the emerging "middle powers".

Well worth the time to read.

PHOTO: President Joe Biden delivers remarks on the assassination attempt on Republican presidential candidate former President Donald Trump at the White House, on July 14, 2024, in Washington, D.C. (Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images)

''I just want to thank the academy for this award as we go head long into oblivion.............................

The world is moving to an era of regional alliances and powers. No one country in the world or a regional alliance will dominate global affairs.

Slave countries are the US's greatest competition today. We used to be a beacon of hope and freedom in the world. Everyone wanted to be one of us or at least like us. Then somewhere along the line, elitists figured out how to reintroduce slavery back into the world's workforce, free trade. Today, the slave enriched countries wealth and power is on the rise. Naturally, our Democrats, who have never gotten over having their slaves taken away, want to return to their old totalitarian days where they can exploit and profit off of their workers misery without consequences. The United States needs to get back to being a protectionist country with the promise of freedom and a shot at the American dream instead of trying to exploit open borders and slavery for profit and power. Trumpie will fix it. MAGA.

Trump will speed up the process just as he did his first 4 years.

They have not yet realised that The Donald is also a key figure within Deep State .

What we have to figure is whether his faction can be persuaded and trusted to remove the international settlement bankers etc and at least curb some of the planned excesses and outright planned evil -- take the 1% and take it to 10% , say .
Of course it should be a greater change but let's be realistic .

Slave countries are the US's greatest competition today. We used to be a beacon of hope and freedom in the world. Everyone wanted to be one of us or at least like us. Then somewhere along the line, elitists figured out how to reintroduce slavery back into the world's workforce, free trade. Today, the slave enriched countries wealth and power is on the rise. Naturally, our Democrats, who have never gotten over having their slaves taken away, want to return to their old totalitarian days where they can exploit and profit off of their workers misery without consequences. The United States needs to get back to being a protectionist country with the promise of freedom and a shot at the American dream instead of trying to exploit open borders and slavery for profit and power. Trumpie will fix it. MAGA.

But don't you accept that, despite your imagined history and claimed ideals , you have become an enslaved race of a different sort , whose sole aim is to enslave others ?
Surely an interesting proposition if that is the way you are perceived , as distinct from the way most of you see yourselves .

Trump will speed up the process just as he did his first 4 years.
Look at yourselves. And apparently you do a lot of it. For our nation is the most selfish and self-absorbed people in human history. And Progressives have led the way. Wealth is permanent to you guys. It is not. And frankly if we go down. Vengeance.

I knew you'd like that. Now enjoy your President Kamala Harris, you voted for that.

Or rather, you neglected to vote against that.

I will vote against Harris. Against both her and Trump

Ok bro. When you vote for nothing, that's exactly what you get: Nothing.

I vote for something, I vote for a break from the duopoly that is killing our country.

You vote for it to keep killing our country.

Look at yourselves. And apparently you do a lot of it. For our nation is the most selfish and self-absorbed people in human history. And Progressives have led the way. Wealth is permanent to you guys. It is not. And frankly if we go down. Vengeance.
angry-captain-kirk-screaming.gif

But don't you accept that, despite your imagined history and claimed ideals , you have become an enslaved race of a different sort , whose sole aim is to enslave others ?
Surely an interesting proposition if that is the way you are perceived , as distinct from the way most of you see yourselves .
My conscience is clear and uncontradicted. I have always been against free trade and open borders. I protest my government, our MSM and our elitist multi-nationals for creating the perception that this is what the US people want. We want our jobs and security back without having to compete with slaves, neither foreign nor domestic. MAGA

I vote for something, I vote for a break from the duopoly that is killing our country.

You vote for it to keep killing our country.

You are not voting for anything, you're voting against.

And anyone who thinks there's no difference between the two parties, is obviously not paying attention.

You are not voting for anything, you're voting against.

And anyone who thinks there's no difference between the two parties, is obviously not paying attention.

Outside of a few social issues there is little difference when it comes to actual governing.

We are living through a transition period in world affairs. The power and the unity of Western countries to act as the ultimate arbiters of global affairs is not collapsing, but is in clear decline.

It is clear that the West's political character is changing fast, as more "nation-first" leaders and parties gain sway. Examples include a possible victory by bullet-dodging Donald Trump in November's U.S. presidential election, or Hungarian President Viktor Orban using his country's presidency of the European Union to push contradictory messages to traditional Western foreign policy elites.

In time, this will alter the West's global personality.

Good OpEd piece. It ties in well with a previous article about the emerging "middle powers".

Well worth the time to read.
1721913441948.jpeg

read this :
The 1937 Soviet census held on January 6, 1937, was the most controversial of the censuses taken within the Soviet Union. The census showed lower population figures than anticipated,[dubiousdiscuss][citation needed], although it still showed a population growth from the last census in 1926, from 147 million to 162 million people in 1937. The results of the census were almost immediately (after 10 days) announced to be "harmful" and the workers who were responsible for it were arrested and repressed.

China's Economy is 60% Smaller Than We Thought​

Forum List

Back