This I s WHY I Favor An Age Limit On Elected Officials.

jackflash

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2020
USA
The link I included only covers the Donkey party but I am quite sure the Elephant party also has its share of the geriatrics pushing the triple digit birthdays also. The below link would be a tragic if it were not so comical! A recent image of the oldest senator now holding office literally tells the story & also begs the question of WHY do Americans keep voting into office these geriatrics??? With senators/Representatives of the likes in this vid it's small wonder why America is teetering on the brink!

If you add up the age of the three oldest US Senators it amounts to more than the age of the Republic.

There are 19 US Senators 80 or better and four more a year out.

WOW!!!!! That over 80+ is a LOT! Super scary like we NEED some younger blood in the senate for sure. I mean having 80+ year old senators is as useless as an 80+ year old stripper in a night club. Good God small wonder the fed g'ment is completely off track. Thanks for the link!

I've suggested this and was told by certain people that term limits or age limits for Congress Members is unconstitutional.

I've suggested this and was told by certain people that term limits or age limits for Congress Members is unconstitutional.
I've heard that also. Hopefully if enough folks complain about the geriatrics in office an amendment could be made(risky though). I cannot understand why Americans would keep voting for bedridden geriatrics that are no longer mentally competent?

I guess the assumption is that voters are too stupid to do the right thing when it comes to old candidates so you have to pass a Constitutional amendment. Actually what you are attempting to do is put a limit on voter options.

I guess the assumption is that voters are too stupid to do the right thing when it comes to old candidates so you have to pass a Constitutional amendment. Actually what you are attempting to do is put a limit on voter options.
Yeah, the constitutional amendment is a risky venture for sure. Age restriction would be a limiting factor for sure. We may be stuck with the geriatrics in office until they kick the bucket.

Forum List

Back