This is the "ceasefire" agreement initiated by Egypt

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
After Hamas' demands of 'changing' the ceafire agreement in Cairo, this is the final result that Israel's supposed to sign on:

...Palestinian source close to the talks spoke with Ynet and said the current ceasefire deal was based on two simple formulas which together formed the agreement: (1) A ceasefire deal in return for Gaza's rehabilitation, and (2) redevelopment of Gaza in return for demilitarization of the Strip.

The two pronged deal will be gradually implemented, the sources said.

1. Agreement of Understanding For a Ceasefire in the Gaza Strip

A. Israel should stop all hostilities in the Gaza Strip land, sea and air including incursions and targeting of
individuals.

B. All Palestinian factions shall stop all hostilities from the Gaza Strip against Israel including rocket attacks and all attacks along the border (including tunnles).

C. Opening the crossings and facilitating the movements of people and transfer of goods and refraining from restricting residents' free movements and targeting residents in border areas and procedures of implementation shall be dealt with after 24 hours from the start of the ceasefire.

D. Other matters as may be requested shall be addressed.

2. Implementation mechanisms:

A. Setting up the zero hour for the ceasefire understanding
to enter into effect.

B. Egypt shall receive assurances from each party that the party commits to what was agreed upon.

C. Each party shall commit itself not to perform any acts that would breach this understanding. In case of any observations Egypt as the sponsor of this understanding shall be informed to follow up.

Sources: Ynet, Ha'aretz

-----------------

smiley_negative.gif

Ok.

Well that seems reasonable.

I would add that any breaches of the agreement should not be "reacted to" other than in dire need, but be referred to an agreed third party which would be invested with powers to demand compensation or impose penalties.

I would add that any breaking of the agreement should cancel it immediately. That is what you do when you sign a contract and someone breaks it, don't you?

The agreement is awful btw, and I hope Israel brings Bibi down for this stupidity.

B. All Palestinian factions shall stop all hostilities from the Gaza Strip against Israel including rocket attacks and all attacks along the border (including tunnles).

How can you disagree with that?

I would add that any breaking of the agreement should cancel it immediately. That is what you do when you sign a contract and someone breaks it, don't you?

Not if you want it to work. You find out the cause of the breakdown, then address the cause.

Clearly Lipush, the only teams you ever worked in were entirely dictatorial.

I've said it before and there'll be good reason to say it again: Israelis have ceased to be normal. Most can no longer function in civilised society.

Why should Israelites allow Gazans free access into their country. Seal the damn border. If they want to go in and out tell them to use a border that doesn't lead into Israel.

The agreement is awful btw, and I hope Israel brings Bibi down for this stupidity.

Because I don't believe Hamas.

I have nothing against helping the people of Gaza. Except that the money never goes where it should go to. It goes to the fat Hamas leaders, to build either their own houses, or their own tunnles.

Nothing is said about the already existing tunnles that Israel didn't find.

Nothing is said about smuggling through the sea.

Nothing is said about terror arriving with people into Israeli cities once we give them the OK.

So how could any sane Israeli AGREE to this?!

Not if you want it to work. You find out the cause of the breakdown, then address the cause.

I've said it before and there'll be good reason to say it again: Israelis have ceased to be normal. Most can no longer function in civilised society.

The cause of any breakdown is because people don't respect the agreement. Dictatorial? LOLZ, when you sign a paper telling you the guy will pay you monthly, then he cuts the money short, you start being mama theresa or you expect the individual to keep their words?

Israelis don't want to be normal. Israelis want to survive. Normal people you find in cartoons or stupid chick-flicks. Not in the MidEast.

Why should Israelites allow Gazans free access into their country. Seal the damn border. If they want to go in and out tell them to use a border that doesn't lead into Israel.

Well, partly because many Gazans were evicted off the very land that Israel disputes is its own. Gazans should have access to their own land. They should also have free access to the rest of Palestine, even be that over some sort of land bridge.

But, I think we can settle for open sea access without interference from the IDF and no overflights by IDF aircraft or drones, for a first step.

Then Gaza can properly develop it gas fields and maybe sell gas to Israel, if it can afford it.

The cause of any breakdown is because people don't respect the agreement.

Its as likely Israel breaks the terms. And it might be a misunderstanding or many other things. What a limited person you are Lipush.

Dictatorial? LOLZ, when you sign a paper telling you the guy will pay you monthly, then he cuts the money short, you start being mama theresa or you expect the individual to keep their words?
You ask for the remainder, and the reason for the shortfall. If no early agreement, you probably use an adjudicator. Its what civilised people do darling. You should try it some day.

Israelis don't want to be normal. Israelis want to survive. Normal people you find in cartoons or stupid chick-flicks. Not in the MidEast.

Wow. Your are sounding a bit psychotic there Lipush. I also think you need a new dictionary. Your education must have been very limited to think that cartoons show normal people.

I have nothing against helping the people of Gaza. Except that the money never goes where it should go to. It goes to the fat Hamas leaders, to build either their own houses, or their own tunnles.

Nothing is said about terror arriving with people into Israeli cities once we give them the OK.

As long as Israel is not attacked what else matters?

After Hamas' demands of 'changing' the ceafire agreement in Cairo, this is the final result that Israel's supposed to sign on:

...Palestinian source close to the talks spoke with Ynet and said the current ceasefire deal was based on two simple formulas which together formed the agreement: (1) A ceasefire deal in return for Gaza's rehabilitation, and (2) redevelopment of Gaza in return for demilitarization of the Strip.

The two pronged deal will be gradually implemented, the sources said.

1. Agreement of Understanding For a Ceasefire in the Gaza Strip

A. Israel should stop all hostilities in the Gaza Strip land, sea and air including incursions and targeting of
individuals.

C. Opening the crossings and facilitating the movements of people and transfer of goods and refraining from restricting residents' free movements and targeting residents in border areas and procedures of implementation shall be dealt with after 24 hours from the start of the ceasefire.

D. Other matters as may be requested shall be addressed.

2. Implementation mechanisms:

A. Setting up the zero hour for the ceasefire understanding
to enter into effect.

B. Egypt shall receive assurances from each party that the party commits to what was agreed upon.

C. Each party shall commit itself not to perform any acts that would breach this understanding. In case of any observations Egypt as the sponsor of this understanding shall be informed to follow up.

Sources: Ynet, Ha'aretz

-----------------

smiley_negative.gif

I see only one problem and that is the opening of the border crossings to people with no Israeli citizenship. So that is out until such time as they can prove themselves to be trustworthy.
I would add a rider that any terrorism, violence and belligerence will be met with deadly force and invasion of gaza

How can they agree with this

Opening the crossings and facilitating the movements of people

when all it means is that hamas terrorists will flood Israel and murder children. What right do the Palestinians have to enter Israel without a passport, visa and need.

If you buy a car and it proves to be a lemon you don't find out why it is a lemon, you just cancel the deal and demand your money back. You don't accept the car and the contract

Well, partly because many Gazans were evicted off the very land that Israel disputes is its own. Gazans should have access to their own land. They should also have free access to the rest of Palestine, even be that over some sort of land bridge.

But, I think we can settle for open sea access without interference from the IDF and no overflights by IDF aircraft or drones, for a first step.

Then Gaza can properly develop it gas fields and maybe sell gas to Israel, if it can afford it.

Does the same not go for the Jews evicted from their land and property in gaza, or is that a step too far for the gazan terrorists. As for the gas fields have you looked at the map of were they are, room for one tiny rig in gazan waters that would miss the field by 20 miles. Most of the field is in Israeli and Cypriot waters and could gaza afford the premium prices charged to defaulting customers.

Here are the results of the survey and as you can see gaza has no chance

images

Then lets put another clause into the deal that reads
Israel can flatten gaza if it is shown that an attack by Palestinian terrorists has taken place on Isreal or its citizens.

Should cause hamas and fatah a lot of headaches over controlling the ISLAMONAZI SCUM

Then lets put another clause into the deal that reads
Israel can flatten gaza if it is shown that an attack by Palestinian terrorists has taken place on Isreal or its citizens.

Should cause hamas and fatah a lot of headaches over controlling the ISLAMONAZI SCUM
If they accept the peace agreement make it the last one. Any violation = the total destruction of everything and everyone in Gaza.

Forum List

Back