This is why the GOP-igs must be stopped...on all levels of gov.

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
Republicans May Block Any Of Clinton’s Supreme Court Nominees, McCain Says
So much for letting the people and the next president decide.
580508291a000067145b9f6d.jpeg

But now that his party’s nominee, Donald Trump, seems headed for a loss in November, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) appears to be changing his tune ― and may be signaling that more unprecedented obstruction is on the horizon if Hillary Clinton wins the White House.

The bitch hasn't even won yet and already you got these tired old white men, ready to obstruct. Comfy McCain still nervous about the white nuts out there will do anything to keep these crazy mf's off his white ass.....nobody wants to end up like Gabby Gilford these days.....cause white people is cra cra with guns, eh McCain? LOLOLOLO

I posted on this in another thread.

This is tantamount to Republicans admitting in public they are scrapping the Constitution and will only do what they want to do. In essence, they believe they can single-handedly end American democracy because they don't get their way.

Checks and balances will come into play and the Republicans will lose in the end.

This is tantamount to Republicans admitting in public they are scrapping the Constitution and will only do what they want to do. In essence, they believe they can single-handedly end American democracy because they don't get their way.

How silly. The Senate has the Constitutional authority to bring the vote, or not.

That said, judging from the behavior of the Republican establishment this cycle, I wouldn't count on their maintaining any such backbone for four years.

But, honestly speaking, if Clinton wins that will be the least of our concerns.

All the President has to do is veto any bill sent to him/her by the Congress, including any spending bill, and the President can block every single thing the Congress wants to do. And we know the Republicans would get the blame for a government shut-down.

Shit works both ways. It's called checks and balances.

This is tantamount to Republicans admitting in public they are scrapping the Constitution and will only do what they want to do. In essence, they believe they can single-handedly end American democracy because they don't get their way.....

How do you figure?

All the President has to do is veto any bill sent to him/her by the Congress, including any spending bill, and the President can block every single thing the Congress wants to do. ........

You are confused.

All the President has to do is veto any bill sent to him/her by the Congress, including any spending bill, and the President can block every single thing the Congress wants to do. ........

You are confused.

Please then oh clueless one, explain with your overwhelming knowledge how you think it works. The Democrats are not likely to override a veto if the Republicans refuse to approve ANY of Hillary's SC nominees. So you must have some other mechanism that only you and the conspiracy theory bubble know about so lay it on us.

You are confused.

Please then oh clueless one, explain with your overwhelming knowledge how you think it works. The Democrats are not likely to override a veto if the Republicans refuse to approve ANY of Hillary's SC nominees.....

Yes they would, emo.

You are confused.

Please then oh clueless one, explain with your overwhelming knowledge how you think it works. The Democrats are not likely to override a veto if the Republicans refuse to approve ANY of Hillary's SC nominees.....

Yes they would, emo.

You have nothing much to say, I like that. Stick to what you know.

How silly. The Senate has the Constitutional authority to bring the vote, or not.

That said, judging from the behavior of the Republican establishment this cycle, I wouldn't count on their maintaining any such backbone for four years.

But, honestly speaking, if Clinton wins that will be the least of our concerns.
Just another campaign promise he has no intention of keeping......just like his come to Jesus moment on immigration his last campaign

You are confused.

Yes they would, emo.

Stick to playing "Imagination Time," dimwit.

Republicans May Block Any Of Clinton’s Supreme Court Nominees, McCain Says
So much for letting the people and the next president decide.
580508291a000067145b9f6d.jpeg

But now that his party’s nominee, Donald Trump, seems headed for a loss in November, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) appears to be changing his tune ― and may be signaling that more unprecedented obstruction is on the horizon if Hillary Clinton wins the White House.

The bitch hasn't even won yet and already you got these tired old white men, ready to obstruct. Comfy McCain still nervous about the white nuts out there will do anything to keep these crazy mf's off his white ass.....nobody wants to end up like Gabby Gilford these days.....cause white people is cra cra with guns, eh McCain? LOLOLOLO

Gee, maybe there's hope after all.

As for the "opinion", I have a question ... can it be stupid, inane, and ridiculous, and still be considered an opinion?

All the President has to do is veto any bill sent to him/her by the Congress, including any spending bill, and the President can block every single thing the Congress wants to do. And we know the Republicans would get the blame for a government shut-down.

And a veto can be overridden also part of the checks and balances.

You are confused.

Yes they would, emo.

Stick to the OP rather than attacking other posters. One of the main reasons the GOP need to be defeated is they have no real arguments, all they have are personal attacks on other people like when Trump makes fun of some guy with a physical disability. Conservatives live in make-believe land, where emotion and vitriol are their only reality.

Read all of the posts as you coming into any conversation without knowing what has or hasn't been said isn't wise. It makes it hard to participate in the discussion put forth in the OP. Why the GOP has to be defeated. I addressed a veto.

Read all of the posts as you coming into any conversation without knowing what has or hasn't been said isn't wise. It makes it hard to participate in the discussion put forth in the OP. Why the GOP has to be defeated. I addressed a veto.
I did read them you addressed a veto so did I by pointing out they can be overridden.

I did read them you addressed a veto so did I by pointing out they can be overridden.

I addressed that.

How is what McCain is saying any different than the Democrats not accepting carte blanc any Supreme Court nomination that a Republican President submitted to Congress? If "any" turns into "all" then I see a problem.

You are confused.

Yes they would, emo.

Stick to the OP rather than attacking other posters. One of the main reasons the GOP need to be defeated is they have no real arguments, all they have are personal attacks on other people like when Trump makes fun of some guy with a physical disability. Conservatives live in make-believe land, where emotion and vitriol are their only reality.

...says the one-note, hyper-partisan hack.

Checks and balances will come into play and the Republicans will lose in the end.
Idiot Leftists think the Constitution requires Congress to vote for the president's nominee.

Idiot Leftists.

Had to say that again.

Forum List

Back