Thor: Rangnorak

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Took the kids to see it tonight. I was looking forward to this one for a long time. Hulk and Thor together appealed to me.

I liked the movie and laughed a lot. It was very good, but not the best ever. Top superhero movies for me are Captain America 2, Deadpool, The Dark Night, GoG 1 and Captain America 3. I don’t think it was in that ballpark. It was just under them.

My grips (without giving away too much):
(1) The fight scenes were a little short. And not enough action
(2) There were no epic fight scenes and I was expecting a few
(3) A little too much comedy. Seemed forced at times

What worked:
(1) The new side characters: Korg and Miek. Esp Korg. Simply awesome additional. I hope they stick around.
(2) Valkyrie: Another awesome additional. Tessa Thompson nailed the role. Another great addition.
(3) Talking Hulk: Hulk was a scene stealer. Classic. This was his best role yet.
(4) Comedy: Yes it was a grip, but it was hilarious. I laughed hard through most of the movie.
(5) Great superhero cameo: I don’t want to give it away but they had a nice interaction btw Thor and a MCU superhero.
(6) No more Natalie Portman in the MCU. [emoji122]
(7) Great villains: Hela, Surtur & Grandmaster
(8) Not shy in killing characters. Hela earns the goddess of death title.

Definitely worth the price of admission, but not best as they critics say it is.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I always enjoyed the mix of comedy and action in the MCU, and Thor and The Hulk always had the best chemistry as far as that goes. It's not surprising that they would ramp up the comedy in Thor: Ragnarok. I've been looking forward to this movie, though I'll probably wait until it's out on DVD to watch it. I just hate going to theaters. :D

I always enjoyed the mix of comedy and action in the MCU, and Thor and The Hulk always had the best chemistry as far as that goes. It's not surprising that they would ramp up the comedy in Thor: Ragnarok. I've been looking forward to this movie, though I'll probably wait until it's out on DVD to watch it. I just hate going to theaters. :D

The comedy was a plus and a minus. The movie was hysterical, but some of it seemed to forced.

My biggest grip was I was expecting some epic fight scenes and the fight scenes easily under-whelmed.

It was still a very good movie, but the critics were a little off in their praise.

The comedy was a plus and a minus. The movie was hysterical, but some of it seemed to forced.

My biggest grip was I was expecting some epic fight scenes and the fight scenes easily under-whelmed.

It was still a very good movie, but the critics were a little off in their praise.

I sometimes wonder if the critics are reviewing the trailers. It was one of the best from the MCU. :dunno:

Just got back from seeing it this afternoon. Thought it was great.

I agree with most of the points you've made - some of the jokes did come off as a little forced - but I'm not sure I agree about it lacking action. The final fight, particularly the part set to Immigrant Song was pretty good, and I enjoyed watching the Hulk beat the shit out of Thor in the arena.

Just got back from seeing it this afternoon. Thought it was great.

I agree with most of the points you've made - some of the jokes did come off as a little forced - but I'm not sure I agree about it lacking action. The final fight, particularly the part set to Immigrant Song was pretty good, and I enjoyed watching the Hulk beat the shit out of Thor in the arena.

I was expecting a epic fight btw Thor and Hulk, but it wasn’t. And Thor won that fight

Forum List

Back