Trump beholden to China, Goldman Sachs

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
I think there has never been a more hypocritical candidate.

But an investigation by The New York Times into the financial maze of Mr. Trump’s real estate holdings in the United States reveals that companies he owns have at least $650 million in debt — twice the amount than can be gleaned from public filings he has made as part of his bid for the White House. The Times’s inquiry also found that Mr. Trump’s fortunes depend deeply on a wide array of financial backers, including one he has cited in attacks during his campaign.

For example, an office building on Avenue of the Americas in Manhattan, of which Mr. Trump is part owner, carries a $950 million loan. Among the lenders: the Bank of China, one of the largest banks in a country that Mr. Trump has railed against as an economic foe of the United States, and Goldman Sachs, a financial institution he has said controls Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee, after it paid her $675,000 in speaking fees.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/us/politics/donald-trump-debt.html

I feel the same way about Kentucky. Stupid Kentucky. Beholden to China.

But an investigation by The New York Times into the financial maze of Mr. Trump’s real estate holdings in the United States reveals that companies he owns have at least $650 million in debt — twice the amount than can be gleaned from public filings he has made as part of his bid for the White House. The Times’s inquiry also found that Mr. Trump’s fortunes depend deeply on a wide array of financial backers, including one he has cited in attacks during his campaign.

For example, an office building on Avenue of the Americas in Manhattan, of which Mr. Trump is part owner, carries a $950 million loan. Among the lenders: the Bank of China, one of the largest banks in a country that Mr. Trump has railed against as an economic foe of the United States, and Goldman Sachs, a financial institution he has said controls Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee, after it paid her $675,000 in speaking fees.

. And you think that Trump likes the positions this nations business dealings has placed him and his company in over the years ? He has done remarkably well considering him having to roll with the set ups this government has created and resided over in the past. Under a different and more American driven styled government over the years, would a Trump had operated differently ??? I'd say yes that him and thousands more like him would have operated differently under a different government than what they as business people were dealing with over the years. Hey the government was truly the higher power when it came to creating the atmospheres in which American businesses were having to deal with or operate in, and not the other way around. It's still that way as we continue to see business adjust to everything the government pumps out or forces upon them, so for those who can survive I say wow.

I feel the same way about Kentucky. Stupid Kentucky. Beholden to China.
I think they are beholden to stupid.

Besides, does Kentucky owe China a half billion dollars?
. Trying to lay the blame on Trump concerning this nations dealings in a globalized community is stupid. It's like Trump said, where as he has to work with the cards he has been given by this nation, and until it changes he will continue to be a business man who has to work within the context of what the government says he can or that he will continue to take advantage of the laws that have been given him to do so.

Loving the responses!

It is the U.S. Government fault for how Trump has been doing his business and if it was not for the U.S. Government those like Trump would not be shafting the American consumer while taking their ( Trump ) business to China...

Then another poster is pointing out that States are connected to China so that excuses Trump...

Here is the reality for Trump voters and you are correct Trump uses the system that is handed to him and cheat the American consumer and worker daily.

He abuses trade deals that he claims are bad but let be factual if it is not China it will be Mexico or some other third world country because those like Trump would never buy American when he can get it for pennies on the dollar in a country like Vietnam.

As for other states, companies or individuals doing what Trump does does not excuse Trump. In fact it is Trump that is complaining about the trade deals that he make billions off of and it would be like him complaining about Bankruptcy laws that allow him to cheat contractors out of their money that he first agreed to pay them...

So my response is not directed at the OP'er but those excusing Trump but as usual those excusing Trump will ignore reality of Trump and he could rape an infant on live TV and his voters would tell everyone how the infant had it coming...

Loving the responses!

It is the U.S. Government fault for how Trump has been doing his business and if it was not for the U.S. Government those like Trump would not be shafting the American consumer while taking their ( Trump ) business to China...

Then another poster is pointing out that States are connected to China so that excuses Trump...

Here is the reality for Trump voters and you are correct Trump uses the system that is handed to him and cheat the American consumer and worker daily.

He abuses trade deals that he claims are bad but let be factual if it is not China it will be Mexico or some other third world country because those like Trump would never buy American when he can get it for pennies on the dollar in a country like Vietnam.

As for other states, companies or individuals doing what Trump does does not excuse Trump. In fact it is Trump that is complaining about the trade deals that he make billions off of and it would be like him complaining about Bankruptcy laws that allow him to cheat contractors out of their money that he first agreed to pay them...

So my response is not directed at the OP'er but those excusing Trump but as usual those excusing Trump will ignore reality of Trump and he could rape an infant on live TV and his voters would tell everyone how the infant had it coming...

Take note. If I was voting for Trump your shpeil would make sense. I'm pointing out as politely as I can and trying to add some level of humor that in your desperate attempts to slam Trump there is a whole lotta business activities taking place. You clowns are riding into an area that is setting the stage to alienate Chinese Americans, working Americans in these states, and business ventures. I've already seen the Democrat attempt at Red Scare tactics. You need to tread carefully. No? Then I'll just make fun of you.

Yeah because Shillery has no corporate puppeteers right?

She went from being broke leaving the White House to a multi-trillionaire by selling crafts on etsy made by $50 an hour African village women or something like that, so clearly not.

Typical shit, I wonder how he is going to disentangle himself from all that and put it in a blind trust in order to be president. Does he even have a plan for that?

Typical shit, I wonder how he is going to disentangle himself from all that and put it in a blind trust in order to be president. Does he even have a plan for that?

He likely doesn't have to. If it is owned by a closely held business, he can just let his daughter take over

How does Trump having debt affect anything? Just because he owes some PERSONAL debt doesn't mean a thing.

Is this guy yet a other commonly seen liberal who doesn't understand basic economics? I am sure Hillary had a mortgage from the bank too, oh she must answer to the banks then, huh? Oh, shit I have a car loan, I am in bed with the car companies!

Political donations are an entirely different matter.

Do you have a legitimate news source? Thanks.

He likely doesn't have to. If it is owned by a closely held business, he can just let his daughter take over
Perhaps but I cannot imagine he is capable of completely walking away from it for four years.

This type of threads shows the true ignorance of the liberal left.

Who builds a new house and pays cash? Who?

Who holds the most power, the lender or those who hold the debt? The debt that Trump might have is a hammer not gratis. He knows that and anyone who holds debt should know that. He could always once again go bankrupt, which the banks holding the debt certainly do not want, Chinese or not.

So debt is how things are built. Thousands upon thousands given by Goldman Sachs for a speech that we will never hear or read is how influence is bought.

Perhaps but I cannot imagine he is capable of completely walking away from it for four years.

You mean like Hillary has promised to walk away from the Clinton Foundation? She promises that the foundation, if she is elected, will no longer take foreign money which means of course they take foreign money NOW.

Which is why he will eventually resign. That he won't be long in the WH if elected is the only upside to either of these two candidates.

Which is why he will eventually resign. That he won't be long in the WH if elected is the only upside to either of these two candidates.
You're full of it, he is set for life and can handle the pay cut.

Forum List

Back