Trump expected to soon declassify Carter Page, Bruce Ohr documents

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
President Trump is expected to declassify a series of documents related to both former campaign adviser Carter Page and Department of Justice (DOJ) official Bruce Ohr, according to an Axios report on Sunday.

Trump could declassify the documents relating to Page and the activities of senior DOJ lawyer Ohr as early as this week, Axios reported.

Allies of the president told the outlet that Trump and congressional Republicans have been pushing for the release of the documents.

"After two years of investigations and accusations from both sides of the aisle about what documents indicate, it is past time for documents to be declassified and let the American people decide for themselves if DoJ and FBI acted properly,” House Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) told the outlet.

Republicans on the House Intelligence and Judiciary committees have argued that the documents showcase alleged anti-Trump bias within the DOJ and thus discredit special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

The GOP has long questioned whether the federal probe into potential collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia was launched based on the controversial dossier from former British Christopher Steele.

Ohr's wife, Nellie Ohr, worked for Fusion GPS, the firm that funded Steele’s research behind the document.

Axios noted that Ohr did not disclose on federal forms that his wife worked on Russia-related matters for the firm during the presidential election.

Ohr, who previously served as associate deputy attorney general, was demoted late last year over his contacts with Steele.

Trump has escalated his attacks on Ohr in several weeks, asking in a tweet "how the hell" Ohr was still employed at the DOJ.

"I think Bruce Ohr is a disgrace," Trump tweeted in July. “I suspect I'll be taking it away very quickly. For him to be in the Justice Department and doing what he did, that is a disgrace.”

Read more at The Hill ^ | 09/09/18 | Morgan Gstalter

This is not 3D chess, just regular Fischer / Kasparov grandmaster chess. Trump is teasing this announcement for now, just to see which way the rats scurry.

They may try some other monkey business to pre-empt POTUS, but it will fizzle as usual. And then, POTUS will release the krakens (I mean the unredacted docs), at the right time for him. I would think last week in October, as a SURPRISE!!!!...BUT that's just me!

If Trump declassifies a document that is still part of an ongoing investigation, it will just be another nail in the obstruction of justice coffin.

President Trump is expected to declassify a series of documents related to both former campaign adviser Carter Page and Department of Justice (DOJ) official Bruce Ohr, according to an Axios report on Sunday.

Trump could declassify the documents relating to Page and the activities of senior DOJ lawyer Ohr as early as this week, Axios reported.

Allies of the president told the outlet that Trump and congressional Republicans have been pushing for the release of the documents.

"After two years of investigations and accusations from both sides of the aisle about what documents indicate, it is past time for documents to be declassified and let the American people decide for themselves if DoJ and FBI acted properly,” House Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) told the outlet.

Republicans on the House Intelligence and Judiciary committees have argued that the documents showcase alleged anti-Trump bias within the DOJ and thus discredit special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

The GOP has long questioned whether the federal probe into potential collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia was launched based on the controversial dossier from former British Christopher Steele.

Ohr's wife, Nellie Ohr, worked for Fusion GPS, the firm that funded Steele’s research behind the document.

Axios noted that Ohr did not disclose on federal forms that his wife worked on Russia-related matters for the firm during the presidential election.

Ohr, who previously served as associate deputy attorney general, was demoted late last year over his contacts with Steele.

Trump has escalated his attacks on Ohr in several weeks, asking in a tweet "how the hell" Ohr was still employed at the DOJ.

"I think Bruce Ohr is a disgrace," Trump tweeted in July. “I suspect I'll be taking it away very quickly. For him to be in the Justice Department and doing what he did, that is a disgrace.”

This is not 3D chess, just regular Fischer / Kasparov grandmaster chess. Trump is teasing this announcement for now, just to see which way the rats scurry.

They may try some other monkey business to pre-empt POTUS, but it will fizzle as usual. And then, POTUS will release the krakens (I mean the unredacted docs), at the right time for him. I would think last week in October, as a SURPRISE!!!!...BUT that's just me!

This is awesome. I predict that the trail will lead to Obabble leading the coup attempt against Trump.

If Trump declassifies a document that is still part of an ongoing investigation, it will just be another nail in the obstruction of justice coffin.
As president he can do that....but it seems your butt cheeks are sore!

Many government documents are classified because the agency or department in control of the documents are covering something up rather than the content being of any national security significance.

Yes he can do it, and he can also show he is obstructing justice into a case that involves him. Wouldn't be too bright of a move by him to appease his 34% base.

Yes he can do it, and he can also show he is obstructing justice into a case that involves him. Wouldn't be too bright of a move by him to appease his 34% base.
Yes, to you TDS played SUBVERSIVES, TRANSPARENCY is now Obstruction.....the INDEPENDENTS will eat your bullshit right up...RED WAVE on the horizon!!!

Yes, to you TDS played SUBVERSIVES, TRANSPARENCY is now Obstruction.....the INDEPENDENTS will eat your bullshit right up...RED WAVE on the horizon!!!

Any time you release evidence that is part of an ongoing investigation it is obstruction, even if it is a case in some backwards Arkansas county.

Revealing is obstructing.

Hillary voter?

Lol
...and still no Russian connection

You got him now.

It's about. Fucking time. Nobody trusts the FBI or DOJ anymore. Fuck Obama for weaponizing our government institutions.

just because someone can do something does not mean they should do it; Trump, the 8 year old, doesn't know better, yet.

just because someone can do something does not mean they should do it; Trump, the 8 year old, doesn't know better, yet.
A president under the authority of Article 2 cannot be charged with obstruction when he is performing his constitutional duties.

A president under the authority of Article 2 cannot be charged with obstruction when he is performing his constitutional duties.

and which section of Art. 2 did you locate that dandy gem in? LOL

I see you have the debating skills of a 5 year old.....ape!

The Oath of Office.

Any time you release evidence that is part of an ongoing investigation it is obstruction, even if it is a case in some backwards Arkansas county.
When the police are seeking John Doe, a white male, 6', 200lbs, driving a blue chevy, are they obstructing justice?

Did you forget how to look it up and read for yourself, or just another low 2 digit IQ subversive....Come on, we know you can do it, ask Mom for help!

Forum List

Back