Trump or Cruz? GOP leaders shake their heads, prepare to choose

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
"There's a lot of confusion," said one senior senator, who asked for anonymity to discuss private deliberations.

From their point-of-view, it's not an easy choice: A divisive billionaire with inflammatory rhetoric or an ideologically rigid bomb-thrower who has labeled most of them as patently corrupt -- all in an election year when every House seat is in contention and Republicans are in serious risk of losing their 54-46 Senate majority.

Either way the GOP is going to have to get used to the idea of moving from the drivers seat to the back seat. Cruz has zero chance of winning the general election... Trump, as polarizing as he is, has a chance at the cross over vote and knows how to work the public, so he is their only viable option. Both are clowns in my opinion.

Either way the GOP is going to have to get used to the idea of moving from the drivers seat to the back seat. Cruz has zero chance of winning the general election... Trump, as polarizing as he is, has a chance at the cross over vote and knows how to work the public, so he is their only viable option. Both are clowns in my opinion.
like rodeo clowns.....

either one will change the GOP forever......this of course is what is causing them so much distress....it's going to turn their pat little worlds upside down...

i think you're wrong about Cruz vs Clinton.....he could rip her to shreds (as could Trump)

like rodeo clowns.....

either one will change the GOP forever......this of course is what is causing them so much distress....it's going to turn their pat little worlds upside down...

i think you're wrong about Cruz vs Clinton.....he could rip her to shreds (as could Trump)
I guess we shall see...

Cruz can't win but may keep the senate red.

Trump can't win and would lose the senate for the GOP.

Forum List

Back