Trump’s Collapse

Peyronnin is a journalism professor, not a political genius. They are about as knowledgeable as athletes, singers and actors when it comes to politics and common sense.
Bullshit. You fatuous idiot. As if you know more about politics than anyone. You're in no position to critique an educated university professor of journalism's knowledge and understanding of our political environment. You are pathetic.

Once again the progressive zeal to submit to their "betters" is shown in the clear, especially when it reinforces their own beliefs.

The professor could be participating in the same cognitive dissonance people on this board are, desperate to think Trump has no chance of winning.
"Their betters"? Are you fucking serious? I don't consider a college professor my better. LMAO Too funny. FYI agreeing with someone is not submitting to them. God, what an hilarious post yours is. Too, too funny.

Most if not all of those professionals who are assessing the polls have determined that he has little, if any, chance of winning. He has dug himself a deep hole and is out on a limb hanging over it, all by himself btw, and will drop off his fragile perch (to which you and he are clinging so vehemently) on November 8th. It's a lost cause, yep.

Yet you say his opinion is more valid simply because of his credentials. and you do not question his view because you agree with him.

Most of those "professionals" have a vested interest in him losing because it would show the issues with polling as currently performed, either through willful ignorance in the sample based smoothing algorithms they use, or willful misrepresentation of the information being produced.

Peyronnin is a journalism professor, not a political genius. They are about as knowledgeable as athletes, singers and actors when it comes to politics and common sense.
Bullshit. You fatuous idiot. As if you know more about politics than anyone. You're in no position to critique an educated university professor of journalism's knowledge and understanding of our political environment. You are pathetic.

Once again the progressive zeal to submit to their "betters" is shown in the clear, especially when it reinforces their own beliefs.

The professor could be participating in the same cognitive dissonance people on this board are, desperate to think Trump has no chance of winning.
"Their betters"? Are you fucking serious? I don't consider a college professor my better. LMAO Too funny. FYI agreeing with someone is not submitting to them. God, what an hilarious post yours is. Too, too funny.

Most if not all of those professionals who are assessing the polls have determined that he has little, if any, chance of winning. He has dug himself a deep hole and is out on a limb hanging over it, all by himself btw, and will drop off his fragile perch (to which you and he are clinging so vehemently) on November 8th. It's a lost cause, yep.
Bullcrap to you, Precious. I have a few friends; professors, teachers and others in the world of academia and more than a few of them are nothing more than a continuing education robot. They are all Liberal pukes, never held a job other than such menial jobs common to students in school.. None of them have experienced everyday problems and obstacles most of society has. My Literary professor has a PhD and doesn't have enough common sense to pour piss out of a boot without directions on the heel. My mathematics professor has to call AAA to change a tire and bring gas every time he runs out. All the others have their funny quirks and they all think they're normal. The only one with any common was my Economics professor who was a bomber pilot in WWII and was on the Presidents Economic Council for years.
Plus you don't know the education levels of people on this board. I know of one college professor, two retired military pilots, two business executives and others with college degrees up to Masters and PhD. I myself went clear through the 3d grade with honors. So don't get on a high horse about how superior Liberal Puke educators and politicians are.

Educated doesn't always mean intelligent, Especially when it comes to things like politics and policy.

Bullcrap to you, Precious. I have a few friends; professors, teachers and others in the world of academia and more than a few of them are nothing more than a continuing education robot. They are all Liberal pukes, never held a job other than such menial jobs common to students in school.. None of them have experienced everyday problems and obstacles most of society has. My Literary professor has a PhD and doesn't have enough common sense to pour piss out of a boot without directions on the heel. My mathematics professor has to call AAA to change a tire and bring gas every time he runs out. All the others have their funny quirks and they all think they're normal. The only one with any common was my Economics professor who was a bomber pilot in WWII and was on the Presidents Economic Council for years.
Plus you don't know the education levels of people on this board. I know of one college professor, two retired military pilots, two business executives and others with college degrees up to Masters and PhD. I myself went clear through the 3d grade with honors. So don't get on a high horse about how superior Liberal Puke educators and politicians are.

Educated doesn't always mean intelligent, Especially when it comes to things like politics and policy.

No, "educated doesn't always mean intelligent" - but it generally does. Trump is attracting lesser educated people and Hillary is attracting better educated people. There is a general separation along education levels.

My Literature professor in '83-'84 with her PhD was a '60s hippy who never combed her hair, wore warm-up suits and tennis shoes and carried a Fred and Barney lunchbox. One day I parked beside her car and she asked me to carry in some audio visual equipment. Her car was chock full of old fast food wrappers, boxes and cups plus clean clothes, dirty clothes, newspapers and books. The car inside and out was filthy. I never got close enough to her to smell if she had bathed. I liked the old gal but I was glad when my 2d year with her was over.

No, "educated doesn't always mean intelligent" - but it generally does. Trump is attracting lesser educated people and Hillary is attracting better educated people. There is a general separation along education levels.

Well ain't we a snotty little twat. Remember two things, just because you think you are smarter, doesn't make it true. and Smart does not equal right.

There are plenty of intelligent people who either support trump, or are so afraid of a Hillary Presidency that they are willing to swallow their pride and vote Trump, myself included in the latter.

My Literature professor in '83-'84 with her PhD was a '60s hippy who never combed her hair, wore warm-up suits and tennis shoes and carried a Fred and Barney lunchbox. One day I parked beside her car and she asked me to carry in some audio visual equipment. Her car was chock full of old fast food wrappers, boxes and cups plus clean clothes, dirty clothes, newspapers and books. The car inside and out was filthy. I never got close enough to her to smell if she had bathed. I liked the old gal but I was glad when my 2d year with her was over.

Professors can be pretty odd.

The ones in the hard sciences/engineering fall into two categories, normal, and batshit insane, no middle ground.

What a blast of nostalgia! A thread about hippies and absent minded professors! Grey ponytails and smokin' weed! Could the VW micro busses be far behind/

“I alone can fix it,” Donald Trump bragged at the Republican National Convention last July with swagger, confidence and certitude. But Trump has since shown no sign he can even run an effective campaign, and he is now on the verge of an historic defeat.

Many Americans were ready for a change this election, and all of the polls revealed a nation filled with concern that the country was headed in the wrong direction. Meanwhile, Democrats nominated Hillary Clinton, a flawed candidate dogged by an email controversy and a foreign policy record that has come under continuous scrutiny. Yet Republicans selected as their nominee a brash man who had no political experience, little knowledge of the key issues, an impulsive nature, and a man who bullies those who stand in his way. They thought they could control him, shape his campaign, and get him “on message.” They failed. As a result, Republicans are fighting to retain control of the Senate.

Trump did not properly prepare for any of the three debates he had with Clinton. Consequently, he could not speak articulately about any of the issues that were discussed. Clinton won all three debates, and her third debate performance was her best. She set traps for the thin-skinned Trump, and he took the bait. At the end of the first debate she mentioned how Trump had mocked a former Miss Universe, Alicia Machado, because she had gained weight. The result was an overnight Twitter storm from Trump that raised serious questions about his temperament.

In the second debate, Trump was on the defensive from the very beginning because a videotape had been released of him talking in an inappropriate way about women. Moderator Anderson Cooper, of CNN, asked Trump, “You described kissing women without consent, grabbing their genitals. That is sexual assault. You bragged that you sexually assaulted women. Do you understand that?” Trump responded that he was embarrassed by his comments, and scrambled to answer the question. “No, I didn’t say that at all. I don’t think you understood what was—this was locker room talk. I am not proud of it. I apologize to my family. I apologize to the American people.” This incident and the exchange raised serious questions about Trump’s character.

For weeks Trump has been saying that the election will be rigged, and asked that his supporters monitor polling places. In their final debate, moderator Chris Wallace, of Fox News, asked Trump if he loses would he accept the outcome as is the tradition in presidential elections. Trump responded, “I will look at it at the time. I’m not looking at anything now. I’ll look at it at the time.” He then added, “If you look at your voter rolls, you will see millions of people that are registered to vote...millions of people that are registered to vote that shouldn’t be registered to vote.” Wallace followed up, “Are you saying you will not commit to that principle?” Trump replied, “What I am saying is that I will tell you at the time. I’ll keep you in suspense. OK?” This exchange dominated the news cycle and received criticism from his fellow Republicans.

On Saturday, Trump appeared at a rally in Gettysburg, the site of an historic Civil War battle, and the place President Lincoln delivered his Gettysburg address. Trump gave his closing argument and outlined what he would do during his first 100 days in office if elected. But he began by attacking the “dishonest mainstream media” and a rigged election. He then spoke of the 10 women (now 11) who had come forward to accuse him of unwanted sexual advances. “Every women lied when they came forward to hurt my campaign — total fabrication,” he said as he gestured from the podium for emphasis. “The events never happened. Never. All of these liars will be sued after the election is over.” Of course, if he actually sues, and if he is elected, a President Trump will spend an enormous amount of time in depositions, and so will members of his family. This is another empty threat, but it overshadowed his closing argument.

No one believes more in Donald Trump than Trump himself. But his candidacy has roiled and divided the Republican Party, and it has repulsed millions of women, Hispanics, Muslims, and independent voters. Trump has said he read the bible. Perhaps he should have carefully considered these words from Luke, “For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Trump's Collapse - by Joe Peyronnin, Hofstra Journalism Professor

I believe this blog is an excellent summary of Trump's collapse.

Good boy, Wikileaks has said that is what the Hillaryphiles are supposed to do to discourage voters. Not working.

What a blast of nostalgia! A thread about hippies and absent minded professors! Grey ponytails and smokin' weed! Could the VW micro busses be far behind/

Actually I went to college in the mid 90's, so no VW vans, although there was weed and a lot of bongos and hackey sacks.

go read up and listen to Diamond and Silk. I love it. Two african american ladies full boat for Trump. Listen to them on Youtube. facebook as well. They'll tell all you white dems who has the african american vote. They say it ain't corrupt hillary. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You must be thinking of another candidate besides trump.

“I alone can fix it,” Donald Trump bragged at the Republican National Convention last July with swagger, confidence and certitude. But Trump has since shown no sign he can even run an effective campaign, and he is now on the verge of an historic defeat.

Many Americans were ready for a change this election, and all of the polls revealed a nation filled with concern that the country was headed in the wrong direction. Meanwhile, Democrats nominated Hillary Clinton, a flawed candidate dogged by an email controversy and a foreign policy record that has come under continuous scrutiny. Yet Republicans selected as their nominee a brash man who had no political experience, little knowledge of the key issues, an impulsive nature, and a man who bullies those who stand in his way. They thought they could control him, shape his campaign, and get him “on message.” They failed. As a result, Republicans are fighting to retain control of the Senate.

Trump did not properly prepare for any of the three debates he had with Clinton. Consequently, he could not speak articulately about any of the issues that were discussed. Clinton won all three debates, and her third debate performance was her best. She set traps for the thin-skinned Trump, and he took the bait. At the end of the first debate she mentioned how Trump had mocked a former Miss Universe, Alicia Machado, because she had gained weight. The result was an overnight Twitter storm from Trump that raised serious questions about his temperament.

In the second debate, Trump was on the defensive from the very beginning because a videotape had been released of him talking in an inappropriate way about women. Moderator Anderson Cooper, of CNN, asked Trump, “You described kissing women without consent, grabbing their genitals. That is sexual assault. You bragged that you sexually assaulted women. Do you understand that?” Trump responded that he was embarrassed by his comments, and scrambled to answer the question. “No, I didn’t say that at all. I don’t think you understood what was—this was locker room talk. I am not proud of it. I apologize to my family. I apologize to the American people.” This incident and the exchange raised serious questions about Trump’s character.

For weeks Trump has been saying that the election will be rigged, and asked that his supporters monitor polling places. In their final debate, moderator Chris Wallace, of Fox News, asked Trump if he loses would he accept the outcome as is the tradition in presidential elections. Trump responded, “I will look at it at the time. I’m not looking at anything now. I’ll look at it at the time.” He then added, “If you look at your voter rolls, you will see millions of people that are registered to vote...millions of people that are registered to vote that shouldn’t be registered to vote.” Wallace followed up, “Are you saying you will not commit to that principle?” Trump replied, “What I am saying is that I will tell you at the time. I’ll keep you in suspense. OK?” This exchange dominated the news cycle and received criticism from his fellow Republicans.

On Saturday, Trump appeared at a rally in Gettysburg, the site of an historic Civil War battle, and the place President Lincoln delivered his Gettysburg address. Trump gave his closing argument and outlined what he would do during his first 100 days in office if elected. But he began by attacking the “dishonest mainstream media” and a rigged election. He then spoke of the 10 women (now 11) who had come forward to accuse him of unwanted sexual advances. “Every women lied when they came forward to hurt my campaign — total fabrication,” he said as he gestured from the podium for emphasis. “The events never happened. Never. All of these liars will be sued after the election is over.” Of course, if he actually sues, and if he is elected, a President Trump will spend an enormous amount of time in depositions, and so will members of his family. This is another empty threat, but it overshadowed his closing argument.

No one believes more in Donald Trump than Trump himself. But his candidacy has roiled and divided the Republican Party, and it has repulsed millions of women, Hispanics, Muslims, and independent voters. Trump has said he read the bible. Perhaps he should have carefully considered these words from Luke, “For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Trump gives em what they want

Yes, he does. It's called anarchy. Trump can't even run his campaign effectively - so how could anyone expect he could effectively run the country. Plus, he is surrounded by a merry band of like-minded lunatics.

Yes, he does. It's called anarchy. Trump can't even run his campaign effectively - so how could anyone expect he could effectively run the country. Plus, he is surrounded by a merry band of like-minded lunatics.

Hillary and the GOP establishment really don't offer white working class folks jack shit. I certainly don't fault people for voting their interests, or what they see as America's interests. However, there's a racist taint to Trump. Even if you choose to give him a pass on Mexican rapists and Muslims needing to register, he's STILL saying the Central Park Five are guilty and he was the Birther in Chief for 8 years, and STILL hasn't admitted that Obama is as American as you or me. The racist taint is too much for me. However, I think my and my kid's interests would be better off with him than Hillary. I'm not voting for Trump. I doubt seriously if my wife will be able to convince me to vote for Hillary.

Hillary and the GOP establishment really don't offer white working class folks jack shit. I certainly don't fault people for voting their interests, or what they see as America's interests. However, there's a racist taint to Trump. Even if you choose to give him a pass on Mexican rapists and Muslims needing to register, he's STILL saying the Central Park Five are guilty and he was the Birther in Chief for 8 years, and STILL hasn't admitted that Obama is as American as you or me. The racist taint is too much for me. However, I think my and my kid's interests would be better off with him than Hillary. I'm not voting for Trump. I doubt seriously if my wife will be able to convince me to vote for Hillary.

It's your choice, but I honestly believe anyone who doesn't vote for Hillary is wasting their vote. I think you would be pleasantly surprised with a President Hillary. She understands that winds of change are blowing.

Trump was a dreadful candidate, his ‘campaign’ an unmitigated disaster.

Talking in the past tense already, are we?
Yeah, it's about that time to start. He won't officially lose until election day but at this point he's in an impossible position.

500x281

Trump was a dreadful candidate, his ‘campaign’ an unmitigated disaster.

Talking in the past tense already, are we?
Yeah, it's about that time to start. He won't officially lose until election day but at this point he's in an impossible position.

500x281
Eh. Dewey and Truman is a bit different, and right now Clinton's entirely outside the margin of errors in most polls. Hell, she's pulled out ahead of some of the largest polling error margins in US history.

If the election weren't in 14 days, you'd have a point. But not only is the election close but Hillary is building a big lead in early voting. That's going to be tough to beat as it means that you not only have to close the polling gap, but you have to overcome an early apparent lead.

Donald also has a problem that he has no major events left. No debates, no Convention, nada. He has a very weak ground game and TV presence. By every margin campaigns are measured by, he's out of time, out of luck, and outgunned.

The only only thing left would be a possible wikileaks dump that contained something truly incriminating. But even then, that's a long shot. Most of the Wikileaks stories haven't moved the needle even a little bit and there's serious doubt being tossed on those stories as is about their origin, veracity, etc.

So yeah, most folks are counting out Donald at this point and turning towards either taking/salvaging Congressional majorities.

And one last thing: It's become popular to attack the polls now Trump is losing, but the polls were dead on throughout the Republican election. It was the pundits who blew the call, the pollsters had Donald pegged at the winner. To say they'd get it wrong now is a bit disingenuous.

Also, for all the talk of rigged elections, the only way to detect a rigged election outside of literally catching someone red handed is to compare the results to what the polls predict. Exit polling and polling prior to elections is exactly how you detect rigged elections all over the world. The US is no different. To prove a rigged election, you need polling data. If you discount it, you have literally nothing to stand on.

Ambitious Imbeciles

That's plagiarized from the media's fictional narratives. Journalists have learning disabilities in grammar, history, and logic. They are no-talent brownnoses who got into their positions by scribbling whatever the Establishment wants us to think about important issues.

Trump's very first statement at the primary debates was to challenge us to reject Political Correctness. He has made no mistakes in his campaign; all the things he is being faulted for by the captive media are made-up sins pushed on us by that Goofy Gotcha Gang, most of which were ignored when done by Establishment politicians.

Forum List

Back