Trump's RNC speech could've been better

BidenBeHiden

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2024
His speech could've been much more eloquent and less segmented. First of all, Trump should've made the assassination attempt more about the crowd and America. He should've conveyed the assassination attempt as an attack on the American people. Trying to deprive America of a candidate to vote for at a rally is a direct attack on the 1st amendment: freedom of speech, assembly and ability to petition the government. He did a good job commending the crowd for not panicking and causing more chaos, though.

That would flow into Trump honoring Corey Comperatore and then referencing 9/11. The speakers before him spoke about Trump's past and achievements. Trump was there on 9/11, ground zero and spoke fondly of the construction crews, police and firefighters at the time. Trump could've said that Corey Comperatore reminded him of all the brave firefighters on 9/11, of which some paid the ultimate price, to make America a safer place. The follow up to that would be saying that terrorism and political violence has no place in America.

Overall, the rest of his speech was pretty much the same as all the other ones at his rallies. He certain could've been more conciliatory to give the liberal media less ammo to use against him. Even if he did manage to do that, the liberal media would've said something like that was a "sign of weakness". Trump no doubt has political passion, but I think it would've benefitted him to make his speech less like the usual sales pitch that he gives.

His speech could've been much more eloquent and less segmented. First of all, Trump should've made the assassination attempt more about the crowd and America. He should've conveyed the assassination attempt as an attack on the American people. Trying to deprive America of a candidate to vote for at a rally is a direct attack on the 1st amendment: freedom of speech, assembly and ability to petition the government. He did a good job commending the crowd for not panicking and causing more chaos, though.

That would flow into Trump honoring Corey Comperatore and then referencing 9/11. The speakers before him spoke about Trump's past and achievements. Trump was there on 9/11, ground zero and spoke fondly of the construction crews, police and firefighters at the time. Trump could've said that Corey Comperatore reminded him of all the brave firefighters on 9/11, of which some paid the ultimate price, to make America a safer place. The follow up to that would be saying that terrorism and political violence has no place in America.

Overall, the rest of his speech was pretty much the same as all the other ones at his rallies. He certain could've been more conciliatory to give the liberal media less ammo to use against him. Even if he did manage to do that, the liberal media would've said something like that was a "sign of weakness". Trump no doubt has political passion, but I think it would've benefitted him to make his speech less like the usual sales pitch that he gives.

Trump united the Republican party.

The one thing I noticed was the lack of interaction between TRUMP and Vance. Also TRUMP barely mentioned Vance in the speech. I was kinda surprised the media didn't pick up on this with their attacks against TRUMP's speech.

LOL come on. The beginning was awesome. He was funny, he went through all the policy differences. He lasted 90 minutes. Joe can’t even last 5 minutes trying to do a speech.

Of course anything that comes out of Biden's mouth is going to be worse. But it's important to not let MSNBC and etc be the only one's playing the Devil's advocate for the sake of continuous improvement. I brought up 9/11 because it was a very somber day for all Americans (except for a handful of sickos). During that period, any current or former President being assassinated would've been a somber day for almost all Americans too.

If President Trump was assassinated, there would been a lot of people, who are affected by the liberal mind virus, snickering and laughing. The chaos that ensued could've created a death toll higher than 9/11. So it's important to let some people know how twisted their minds have become.

Problem is the assassination attempt came from a bullied kid.

Who's talking about the impact of bullying? Nobody.

First of all, Trump should've made the assassination attempt more about the crowd and America.

I agree, he could have made his speech more powerful, by just talking about the inflated economy. What would do about the Border issue, and of course (the controversial issue) - Abortion issue?

As horrific as the attempted assassination happened, he should have either briefed on it or moved on. Or just let the American people know he is all right and willing to fight!
The American people already know what happened. They don't need to be reminded again. Just focus on the main issues and tell the American people, "I am here to fight for you - no matter what it takes!" And just go ahead and just leave it that.

But that's just me....

Problem is the assassination attempt came from a bullied kid.
Registered Republican kid who lived with his fucking libertarian dad who reported the kid missing to police hours before shooting Don Trump’s ear off.

I wonder if dad reported one of his AR15 was missing too,

That FUCKED U0 rightwing gun cult dad should be on TV right now to apologize to the nation so we can get back to the necessary truth telling that Don Trump is a no good racist and fascist for what he did on J6,2021

Registered Republican kid who lived with his fucking libertarian dad who reported the kid missing to police hours before shooting Don Trump’s ear off.

I wonder if dad reported one of his AR15 was missing too,

That FUCKED U0 rightwing gun cult dad should be on TV right now to apologize to the nation so we can get back to the necessary truth telling that Don Trump is a no good racist and fascist for what he did on J6,2021

And you managed to miss my point in its entirety.

I don't have any problem with the speech. He was much more restrained than he is at his rallies and I am sure that was intentional. My only criticism was it could have stood some editing and condensing. 90 minutes after a long day tends to get tedious even with great content. He should have kept it to an hour.

But it was a great convention overall. The best I've seen.

You take an OP from Politico about Trump seriously? Poor little TDSer..
No, I watched the entire speech myself.

Your hunched over weak and tired old fart is a mental mess on a night where I expected him at his best. if that Don Trump’s best Dems are in great shape

Trump said nothing about saving baby fetus. The white Christian Right was expecting a whole lot more.

America needs the MAGA fundagelicals to withdraw their unholy alliance with Don Trump.
Why would any decent woman have sex with a guy when she doesn't want his genes? After all, SHE is the one who will bear the brunt of the circumstances. Seems pretty dumb to me. Males are attracted to strong, 'sexy' women. Women do their best to be attractive to strong and successful, good looking males. Both need to consider the repercussions for unprotected sex before it takes place. That is the 'real world'......

So you would throw Thomas Jefferson, Washington and most of the Founders in jail?
For what. - Revealed desert religions meant little to most of the founders.

Forum List

Back