Trumps's Buffoonery Starting to Wear Thin

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
As a (former?) Trump supporter, I am starting to get tired of his simple-minded sloganeering, especially when it is combined with insults levied against anyone who asks for greater specificity regarding his policies. Last night's debate was little more than a grade school food fight among the top three contenders, with Trump looking the worst with his "liar, liar" mantra being particularly juvenile. In addition to its being distasteful to women in general, it would do nothing but garner (undeserved) sympathy for Hillary in the general election.

As much as i hate to admit it, Kasich came across as the most Presidential of the candidates (with Carson coming in second). Given the makeup of the electorate, the increasing stridency of Trump, Cruz and Rubio might yet bail out the Democrats from massive repudiation at the polls. Without that result, they are poised to retake the Senate and stymie any Republican initiatives, not to mention gaining an opportunity to confirm any SCOTUS appointments that Obama makes prior to the next President being sworn in.

Please include these considerations when deciding which candidate you support. The length of the next President's coattails may be just as important as who is wearing them.

Last edited:
oh boy, just give it up to the Democrats already for crying out loud. You have no more faith than that in your Fellow Republican, conservative, Independent, etc. this whining is getting old, sorry but how many lectures do we need?

and we lived for eight miserable years with "buffoonery" form Obama/Biden , I'm sure we'll survive Trump. and if you're a former Trump supporter, then I am the former queen of England. that's a joke K:beer:

Last edited:
oh boy, just give it up to the Democrats already for crying out loud. You have no more faith than that in your Fellow Republican, conservative, Independent, etc. this whining is getting old, sorry but how many lectures do we need?

and we lived for eight miserable years with "buffoonery" form Obama/Biden , I'm sure we'll survive Trump. and if you're a former Trump supporter, then I am the former queen of England

Damning with faint praise?

and we lived for eight miserable years with "buffoonery" form Obama/Biden , I'm sure we'll survive Trump. and if you're a former Trump supporter, then I am the former queen of England

lol, beats me.
really, we have a long time to go before the elections. all this nail baiting and whining isn't going to do a dang thing. some folks needs to take a chill pill or suffer a stroke

and we lived for eight miserable years with "buffoonery" form Obama/Biden , I'm sure we'll survive Trump. and if you're a former Trump supporter, then I am the former queen of England. that's a joke K:beer:

Queen of England and Teabagger Queen all at the same time? I'm impressed.

If they were at true Trump supporter, they would still support him even if Trump pulled out a gun and shot someone.

lol

lol, beats me.
really, we have a long time to go before the elections. all this nail baiting and whining isn't going to do a dang thing. some folks needs to take a chill pill or suffer a stroke
I agree, long time to the election. I find it interesting to see how different people view the whole deal.

If they were at true Trump supporter, they would still support him even if Trump pulled out a gun and shot someone.
whatever, they will for Hillary, Obama too. I've always made it know I am a Cruz supporter. but this thing over trump is so out in the twilight zone. He is nothing like an Obama or Hillary.

jwoodie, I'm glad you've come out of your Trump-induced coma, but it may be too late. There are still millions of people who are still under Trump's evil spell. It's like something out of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers." However, the Republicans who don't like Trump REALLY don't like Trump, and many will stay home rather than vote for him.

jwoodie, I'm glad you've come out of your Trump-induced coma, but it may be too late. There are still millions of people who are still under Trump's evil spell. It's like something out of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers." However, the Republicans who don't like Trump REALLY don't like Trump, and many will stay home rather than vote for him.

I don't think "staying home" will be a credible option this year (as it was in 1992).

I don't think "staying home" will be a credible option this year (as it was in 1992).
I agree. I have never stayed home during an election. I believe as a citizen and a christian it is my duty to get out and vote my conscience.

Forum List

Back