Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Tunisian minister resigns over Israel 2006 visit

aris2chat

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2012
Time to end this restriction nonsense

Tunisian minister resigns over Israel 2006 visit
Published January 30th, 2014 - 16:53 GMT via SyndiGate.info

Tunisian Tourism Minister Amel Karboul submitted her resignation to Prime Minister Mahdi Jomaa over a trip to Israel in 2006, the state news agency TAP reported on Thursday.

The trip, brought up during a parliamentary session to give a vote of confidence to Jomaa’s new cabinet on Wednesday, stirred up controversy among parliament members.

“I presented my resignation to Prime Minister Mehdi Jomaa. It is up to him to accept or reject it,” Karboul said at the end of the swearing-in ceremony in the Carthage palace.

Several blocs within the legislative body condemned Karboul and demanded reasons for the trip and her relationship with the Jewish country.

Karboul denied having entered Israel. ”I did not visit Israel because of the pressure I had undergone for more than four hours in the border post, because I am Arab and Muslim.”

But the prime minister said the Karboul had indeed visited Israel in 2006 to take part in a U.N. training program for Palestinian youths, but she refused to continue the training because of the six-hour interrogation she had faced in Tel-Aviv airport, for being Arab and Muslim.”.....................

Forum List

Back