TV pitchman Don Lapre faces 25 years over $52 million fraud

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Renowned TV pitchman Don Lapre has been arrested on charges that he defrauded more than 200,000 people of nearly $52million.
The frontman, known for his emphatic salesman's style, has been indicted by a grand jury in Phoenix, after being accused of running a nationwide scheme to sell worthless Internet-based businesses to fans.
Lapre has been charged with 41 counts of conspiracy, mail fraud, wire fraud and promotional money laundering.
Scroll down for video

Read more: Don Lapre: TV pitchman faces 25 years in 1 bed prison cell over '$52m fraud' | Mail Online

First Billy Mays dies and then the Shamwow guy gets arrested and now this. I'm going to have to stop buying those handy items "for just $19.95".

You'll take my Ronco Pocket Fisherman when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

It would be nice if the pitchpeople had to tell the truth.... "For a short time only you get two pieces of crap that cost .50 cents to make for the same price of $19.95". "Just agree to pay the exorbitant shipping price which we won't disclose until we have your credit card number".

Forum List

Back