U.N. rights chief deplores torture in war-plagued Syria

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
You can cry for these innocent people and what they have to go through. We sit here safe and sound and look what they have to go through.

The United Nations human rights chief condemned widespread torture by all sides in the Syrian conflict, citing examples such as that of a detained 26-year-old woman who was raped, had her teeth pulled out and was beaten with electrical cables.

The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights said in a report released Monday that it had interviewed individuals who spent time in detention facilities in Syria. It did not identify them by name.

It said the young woman reported that she had been tortured during repeated nightlong interrogation sessions. The report does not say where she was detained but notes that “on one occasion, a security officer took her and another woman to a room where they were raped.”

Another victim, according to the OHCHR, was a 30-year-old university student who said he had been beaten, had his beard pulled out in clumps, had his feet burned and had his toenails torn off with pliers at a Syrian air force intelligence facility in Hama, where he was interrogated daily for more than a month.

Continue reading at:

U.N. rights chief deplores torture in war-plagued Syria - latimes.com

You can cry for these innocent people and what they have to go through. We sit here safe and sound and look what they have to go through.

The United Nations human rights chief condemned widespread torture by all sides in the Syrian conflict, citing examples such as that of a detained 26-year-old woman who was raped, had her teeth pulled out and was beaten with electrical cables.

The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights said in a report released Monday that it had interviewed individuals who spent time in detention facilities in Syria. It did not identify them by name.

It said the young woman reported that she had been tortured during repeated nightlong interrogation sessions. The report does not say where she was detained but notes that “on one occasion, a security officer took her and another woman to a room where they were raped.”

Another victim, according to the OHCHR, was a 30-year-old university student who said he had been beaten, had his beard pulled out in clumps, had his feet burned and had his toenails torn off with pliers at a Syrian air force intelligence facility in Hama, where he was interrogated daily for more than a month.

Continue reading at:

Obama is letting the Russians handle this.

Continue reading at:

Regasrdless (since both sides are doing the torturing), don't you feel compassion for these people?

Continue reading at:

Regasrdless (since both sides are doing the torturing), don't you feel compassion for these people?

Americans aren't torturing anyone. Directly anyway.

They saw a 5000 sample of the 55,000 photos of bodies and ID cards/number of each body.
Did you see the pictures?
OMG it looked by the Nuremberg photos but this bodies showed signs of torture, beatings, hangings, butalities. Women were dressed or covered for modesty.
Assad might not be killing them a fraction as fast as the nazis, but at more than 50,000 a year over three years it is too fast.
If I had to look at the on a screen the size of a wall they would probably make me sick. On a smaller screen, they were less "real" on my stomach.
During the war that part naturally turned off. Obvious it didn't stay off, completely.
Except that it is syria suffering this time, Bashar could almost surpass his father in my negative opinion. I don't quite suffer as much with the news reports.

PS Prince Bandar of Saudi has stepped down from office.

Last edited:
Assad forces destroyed the monastery trying to take the town. 4th C. Monastery of St Sergius

>>Lebanese television journalists who had entered Maaloula with the army earlier were killed<<

They saw a 5000 sample of the 55,000 photos of bodies and ID cards/number of each body.
Did you see the pictures?
OMG it looked by the Nuremberg photos but this bodies showed signs of torture, beatings, hangings, butalities. Women were dressed or covered for modesty.
Assad might not be killing them a fraction as fast as the nazis, but at more than 50,000 a year over three years it is too fast.
If I had to look at the on a screen the size of a wall they would probably make me sick. On a smaller screen, they were less "real" on my stomach.
During the war that part naturally turned off. Obvious it didn't stay off, completely.
Except that it is syria suffering this time, Bashar could almost surpass his father in my negative opinion. I don't quite suffer as much with the news reports.

PS Prince Bandar of Saudi has stepped down from office.

You really have been through too much, Aris. Hopefully your world now will be peaceful.

Forum List

Back