Ugly Betty Netflix

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
I was looking through Netflix's most acclaimed productions and saw Ugly Betty. Netflix claimed it was the most re-watch series. It ran 6 season so I figured it can't be that bad. Boy was I wrong. I managed to get through the first three episodes without barfing so I decide not to push my luck.

Without a doubt this is one of the most cliché-ridden, predictable and utterly unamusing 'comedy' series on Netflix and probably anywhere else. Furthermore, the very premise of the series is itself fundamentally flawed. If the makers really wanted to make a point about beauty being skin-deep then why not cast a genuinely 'cosmetically-challenged' actress in the title role? Instead, they have attempted to uglified America Ferrara by giving her glasses and braces.

In summary, this series is neither the biting satire it thinks it is nor the heartwarming comedy it tries to be. It's a bad soap opera that relies on one-dimensional characters, recycled slapstick and dialogue that's about as sharp as a wet sock.

Last edited:
I was looking through Netflix's most acclaimed productions and saw Ugly Betty. Netflix claimed it was the most re-watch series. It ran 6 season so I figured it can't be that bad. Boy was I wrong. I managed to get through the first three episodes without barfing so I decide not to push my luck.

Without a doubt this is one of the most cliché-ridden, predictable and utterly unamusing 'comedy' series on Netflix and probably anywhere else. Furthermore, the very premise of the series is itself fundamentally flawed. If the makers really wanted to make a point about beauty being skin-deep then why not cast a genuinely 'cosmetically-challenged' actress in the title role? Instead, they have attempted to uglified America Ferrara by giving her glasses and braces.

In summary, this series is neither the biting satire it thinks it is nor the heartwarming comedy it tries to be. It's a bad soap opera that relies on one-dimensional characters, recycled slapstick and dialogue that's about as sharp as a wet sock.

I barely made thought one episode, that show was the worst.

Forum List

Back