Uh-oh this isn't good....it's not supposed to be like this!

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013

It’s early September – what should be the busiest stretch of hurricane season. Forecasters predicted this one was going to be bad: storm after storm, the most bullish forecasts on record.

Instead, the Atlantic Ocean is enveloped in a rare and strange calm that has flummoxed forecasters and reset their expectations. And the whole thing could be a glimpse at what’s to come as the planet gets hotter.

Despite ideal conditions that fueled pre-season predictions of upwards of 20 named storms, the immediate prospects for one are low, and none have formed in the Atlantic since Ernesto in mid-August – a streak unmatched in 56 years.

It’s early September – what should be the busiest stretch of hurricane season. Forecasters predicted this one was going to be bad: storm after storm, the most bullish forecasts on record.

Instead, the Atlantic Ocean is enveloped in a rare and strange calm that has flummoxed forecasters and reset their expectations. And the whole thing could be a glimpse at what’s to come as the planet gets hotter.

Despite ideal conditions that fueled pre-season predictions of upwards of 20 named storms, the immediate prospects for one are low, and none have formed in the Atlantic since Ernesto in mid-August – a streak unmatched in 56 years.
LOL the thread I made addressed this, the press has been busy claiming one is about to form since late august saying things like the winds are there the waves are there any day now.

It's climate change and it goes to show how unpredictable it can be.

Otherwise, that's just my opinion, stated here because it's surely going to bring out the fringe denialist who never try to address the/your message.

Instead, some of them sell the denialist farm for the sake of showing sea level constand and steady ove a hundred years at the statue of liberty.

You have to own those denialists by friend!

See what I mean? The Sarge is already trying to tell us some basics on wind and waves not being related!

Sheer fkn stupidity!

Well El Niño is to blame. Hurricane activity is usually low during a period of El Niño.

LOL the thread I made addressed this, the press has been busy claiming one is about to form since late august saying things like the winds are there the waves are there any day now.
More statist lefty goonsday klymate fearmongering. The sad part of it all is the only ones the lefty doomies scare is themselves!

The waves coming off of Africa aren't happening, at least not in the hurricane-forming zone. They're popping off far to the north, where hurricanes can't form.

And the Sahara desert is getting soaked with rain now.

And I see the denier troll-losers are doing what they usually do, acting like sullen teenagers throwing a tantrum, trying to disrupt any semblance of adult conversation.

I should remind them that the enviro forum has rules that prohibit no-content trolling posts. Yes, I know, they're very special snowflakes who think that rules don't apply to them.

The waves coming off of Africa aren't happening, at least not in the hurricane-forming zone. They're popping off far to the north, where hurricanes can't form.

And the Sahara desert is getting soaked with rain now.

And I see the denier troll-losers are doing what they usually do, acting like sullen teenagers throwing a tantrum, trying to disrupt any semblance of adult conversation.

I should remind them that the enviro forum has rules that prohibit no-content trolling posts. Yes, I know, they're very special snowflakes who think that rules don't apply to them.
So weather?

Forum List

Back