🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Unreal: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Good thing it was caught on camera, or it would be tough to believe: A California Highway Patrol officer put an on-duty Chula Vista firefighter in handcuffs for refusing to move his truck while tending to victims of a car crash.

As he was being handcuffed on the side of the 805 Freeway near Orange County, the firefighter, 12-year veteran Jacob Gregoire, told reporters who had gathered, "I just want to let you all know he’s arresting me."

Later, according to CBS News 8, Gregoire told the arresting officer, whose name has not been released, "It’s unbelievable you guys have to treat us like this. We are trying to help you guys."

The officer replied, "We asked you to clear the road, you said ‘No.’ You are being arrested for not moving."

Gregoire was reportedly detained in the back of a highway patrol car for several minutes before being released. He was not charged.

Chula Vista Fire Chief Dave Hanneman told CBS, "To detain one of our firefighters in the middle of an incident is ridiculous."

In a statement, Hanneman praised the firefighters for doing what they were trained to do — protecting the scene of an accident with their trucks.

Yahoo!

that cop needs a good long suspension for being a retard.

^^^ I agree. To me, that cop should be sued for arresting someone while they are trying to help another person. That cop could have at least waited until the person in need was finally taken care of if an arrest just had to be made.

God bless you and that fire fighter and who they were helping always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Someone should have blasted the cop with a water cannon.

Or just tossed him into traffic!

I read about this earlier and was just gobsmacked. WTF??? That cop needs to be fired IMMEDIATELY.

This is freakin unbelievable!! .. :eusa_hand:

24637357_BG1-620x348.jpg

Well cops are usually nicer to nurses. They have a vision of getting shot and driven to an ER where a big hairy nurse will come at t he with a foot long hypodermic needle.........

Just sayin'.

Besides screwing with public safety in the name of this officer's god complex; I'm pretty sure he broke an unwritten code that emergency services personnel don't screw with each other like that.

From what I've read, the whole thing ended amicably.
They were both doing their jobs, the cops' job took precedence, silly as it seems.

They were both doing their jobs, the cops' job took precedence, silly as it seems.

but it is not his job. if you watch the video, the fire dept said it is standard for fire trucks to block lanes in order to ensure the safety of the victims and first responders.

Good thing it was caught on camera, or it would be tough to believe: A California Highway Patrol officer put an on-duty Chula Vista firefighter in handcuffs for refusing to move his truck while tending to victims of a car crash.

As he was being handcuffed on the side of the 805 Freeway near Orange County, the firefighter, 12-year veteran Jacob Gregoire, told reporters who had gathered, "I just want to let you all know he’s arresting me."

Later, according to CBS News 8, Gregoire told the arresting officer, whose name has not been released, "It’s unbelievable you guys have to treat us like this. We are trying to help you guys."

The officer replied, "We asked you to clear the road, you said ‘No.’ You are being arrested for not moving."

Gregoire was reportedly detained in the back of a highway patrol car for several minutes before being released. He was not charged.

Chula Vista Fire Chief Dave Hanneman told CBS, "To detain one of our firefighters in the middle of an incident is ridiculous."

In a statement, Hanneman praised the firefighters for doing what they were trained to do — protecting the scene of an accident with their trucks.

Yahoo!

that cop needs a good long suspension for being a retard.

No, he needs to be fired for being a petty tyrant...and a moron.

but it is not his job. if you watch the video, the fire dept said it is standard for fire trucks to block lanes in order to ensure the safety of the victims and first responders.

And it is standard for cops to clear lanes when deemed necessary.

I admire both. They'll iron it out. Hell they're probably all getting drunk and having a good laugh together while we pundits here tie up our panties in a wad.

In soccer refereeing, they call what the cop did trifling. The cop just wanted to mark his territory. Frankly, that's the type of attitude we need less of; especially in the suburbs.

You have bad apples in every batch. Most cops would not have handcuffed a firefighter doing his job.

Don't let one bad apple spoil the rest.

Forum List

Back