US and Hungary

A Real American Looks Like This

0798308001419067766.jpg

lol the American West was mostly settled by immigrants from all over Europe; Hungarians were a very tiny minority, and mostly settled in the East. Most came after the 'cowboy' era, which lasted maybe 20-30 years, until the railroads were extended into Wyoming, Texas, and points in between. The invention of barbed wire, i.e. cheap fencing, began its demise along with the railroads.

By 1860, 2,710 Hungarians lived in the US, and at least 99 of them fought in the Civil War. Their motivations were not so much antislavery as a belief in democracy, a taste for adventure, validation of their military credentials, and solidarity with their American neighbors.[8]

St. Stephen Hungarian Roman Catholic Church in Toledo, Ohio

During the last decades of the 19th century and the early decades of the 20th century, the United States saw an immigration boom primarily of Southern and Eastern Europeans, among them approximately 650,000-700,000 ethnic Hungarian speakers. Unlike the educated classes who formed the core of the 1849 wave, the second Hungarian wave was mostly poor and uneducated immigrants seeking a better life in America.

Not nearly enough in by 1849-50 to have some vast influence on cowboy fashions, even if they had settled in cattle country, which they didn't, and the big wave came after the start of big cattle drives, also mostly settling east of the Mississippi and northern Midwest.

Last edited:
In general, I suspect that the English cross is a hand-made article for the patriarchal cross. It is called the cross of St. George, and St. George is precisely the eastern symbol of the serpent-fighting, which was spread by the Austrians and Hungarians in Europe.

In general, I suspect that the English cross is a hand-made article for the patriarchal cross. It is called the cross of St. George, and St. George is precisely the eastern symbol of the serpent-fighting, which was spread by the Austrians and Hungarians in Europe.
I understand. This is a Celtic cross.
7fcfc33136cc8bf31bbfbc2d80bm--ukrasheniya-keltskij-krest-s-runami-serebro-925.jpg

I'll chalk it up to ignorance by a foreign poster and I suggest you refrain from making fun of American tradition. The red stripes in the U.S. Flag signify valor and bravery
I was not going to make fun of anything. In general, I respect the traditions of the United States, but now it has become difficult with this when whores and fagots are in the army.

Forum List

Back