US becoming world's biggest producer gas and oil

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
U.S. Is Overtaking Russia as Largest Oil-and-Gas Producer - WSJ.com

he U.S. is overtaking Russia as the world's largest producer of oil and natural gas, a startling shift that is reshaping markets and eroding the clout of traditional energy-rich nations.
[image]

U.S. energy output has been surging in recent years, a comeback fueled by shale-rock formations of oil and natural gas that was unimaginable a decade ago. A Wall Street Journal analysis of global data shows that the U.S. is on track to pass Russia as the world's largest producer of oil and gas combined this year—if it hasn't already.

P1-BN383_USBOOM_NS_20131002182407.jpg

SB10001424052702303492504579111360245276476.html

This is one area where I think Obama has done the wrong thing. He has increased drilling of oil and fracking more than any other president. I think he should have been pushing harder for alternatives.

Note the "ripple effects" at the link.

Fracking is causing an increase in radioactivity in PA well waters, I am informed.

I am for fracking only so long as it does not effect the groundwaters.

Apparently in some cases that is not possible.

Fuck the national gas humans need WATER more

Fracking is causing an increase in radioactivity in PA well waters, I am informed.

No, you are ignorant. Pennsylvania allowed water treatment of frack water, and apparently the geniuses involved didn't think for a second about NORM prior to proclaiming the water "recycled", and then dumped it back into the stream.

While this type of mismanagement and ignorance of the physical world is normal for those raised in Appalachia in general, other states are certainly not that stupid, correctly allowing Class II injection wells to properly dispose of the waste water.

editec said:
I am for fracking only so long as it does not effect the groundwaters.

Cool. It doesn't. But those ignorant fools who treat it improperly and then dump it back into streams, THEY should be strung up for polluting groundwater.

But my guess is they were following Pennsylvania law when it happened...perhaps the ire of the locals should be aimed at their idiot politicians rather than the companies creating value for locals in the form of economic activity, increased tax revenue of all kinds, jobs, and in general a sort of "life" that certainly the rural folks of Pennsylvania haven't seen since the unions began destroying the moral fiber of what was once a hard working American state.

editec said:
Fuck the national gas humans need WATER more

True. How about we start a petition banning the STUPID humans from polluting the water because they can't do their jobs correctly? Or the stupid humans who passed the laws in the state prior to asking the geoscience experts what exactly fracking flowback water consists of.

No! Learning something first! Pennsylvanians would never do that! The unions don't actually require their students to THINK prior to electing them to positions of power where their ignorance then leads them to exactly where they are. Maybe we need to subsidize Ohioians and West Virginians to raise the geoscience IQ of the state?

Forum List

Back