US Military Authorized to Quell “Civil Disturbances” in American Cities!

You think this is something new? Section 325 has been a part of the DOD manual for at least 20 years that I can find, and it's all related to Section 375 of title 10, United States Code. In other words, it's mandated by Congress.

You think this is something new? Section 325 has been a part of the DOD manual for at least 20 years that I can find, and it's all related to Section 375 of title 10, United States Code. In other words, it's mandated by Congress.

Well, maybe I'm paranoid, but with this administration, I find this all too plausible as an effort to quell the unrest coming from gun control and Obamacare.

Well, maybe I'm paranoid, but with this administration, I find this all too plausible as an effort to quell the unrest coming from gun control and Obamacare.

To quell the unrest coming from victim groups when they have been agitated enough to create unrest.

Whats ironic is that the poster who didn't check up on this is career military. Not read the op manuals much eh?

To quell the unrest coming from victim groups when they have been agitated enough to create unrest.

Good point Captain Obvious :thup:

I was going to make a comment or two about the national guard being activated several times due to civil rights riots in the early 60's at old Miss, Little Rock, and other places, several times to stop riots in Watts, Chicago, and a dozen other cities, Kent State, even the bonus marrchers in the 1930's in Washington DC.

But, then I noticed that the source of the Op is Prisonplanet.

As Paul Simon once sang, "Who am I, to blow against the wind?" (or maybe I should be quoting Dylan's song, "Idiot Wind")

Good point about the Guard having been called up.

But, remember, it was done by STATE GOVERNOR and not the federal government!!!

Not to worry. Some crazy person/persons will take up arms and do a little weeding in critical areas. Happened at the end of the civil war. Happened after the failed Bay of Pigs invasion. Things eventually even out. I don't think Obama is the problem. There a lot of puppet masters that ACTUALLY have a lot more influence on our countries future than the president.

The regular army has been used for civil disturbances too, many times. The use of regular forces goes back AT LEAST to the NYC draft riots during the Civil War.

That's funny... I could have sworn that the National Guard, the federalized National Guard, the US Army Reserve, and Army Regulars have all been called upon to quell riots in the City of Chicago and elsewhere, as recently as the 1960s...

If true, then, what is so different about such a state of affairs today, versus 50 years ago?

I don't get it... but I may be having a 'denser-than-usual' moment... ;-)

Last edited:
It started with the Whiskey Rebellion in 1791 when George Washington put down our first civilian unrest, since that time there have been a number of confrontations with governments, federal and state, and groups, all squashed. Some of the more memorable were the bonus army, Kent State and Watts.
For a time I was an MP and part of our training was just that, confronting a mob. In that training we formed a tight line and with bayoneted rifles continually jabbing moved forward with short thrusts on an imaginary mob. Would we have shot at the mob if ordered, you bet.

The government is in good shape, as long as the military follows those orders. As we have seen, as recently as Syria, not all of them will.

WTF?

http://static.prisonplanet.com/p/images/may2013/170513dod1c.jpg
Read this and then go to Vox Popoli: US military unilaterally overturns Posse Comitatus.

Truly disturbing. For more than a century, the US Military has been forbidden to take up arms against American citizens. Where is this proposed change coming from? And why?
[Thanks to the Dad29 blog for bringing this up]

Nothing new here.

General Patton and his men ran WWI veterans out of Washington DC back during the Depression.

The Constitution does give Congress the authority to squelch rebellions as it should.

Not to worry. Some crazy person/persons will take up arms and do a little weeding in critical areas. Happened at the end of the civil war. Happened after the failed Bay of Pigs invasion. Things eventually even out. I don't think Obama is the problem. There a lot of puppet masters that ACTUALLY have a lot more influence on our countries future than the president.

I disagree Huggy
The President has not been the CEO of the Government Departments and several Departments have gone rogue.
When the cats away the mice will play.

George Wallace called out the National Gaurd to remove him from blocking the doorway to stop integration of a public state college? Why didn't George just remove himself from the doorway?:eusa_whistle:

Sorry, but I just can't see U.S. citizens in uniforms killing U.S. citizens not in uniforms.

The U.S. military members have families, too, and I have to believe that many of them are vulnerable.

Tit for tat. Don't fuck around with private American citizens who own 300 million guns.

Forum List

Back