USPS’ long-awaited new mail truck makes its debut

Dr.Destructo

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2024

It's already been proven beyond doubt that EV's are more expensive all the way around than gas or hybrids....and yet, they're buying them!???

More burden on the power grids, more excessive waste in production, more pollution to make up for the excessive needs for power, more pollution for the production of said vehicles, and MORE slave labor in countries that supply the ingredients for making the batteries.......as well as MORE destruction of the earth to dig out the chemicals and metals needed!!!!!

So, not ONLY are they going to use OUR tax dollars to fund this fiasco, they're going to start charging us HIGHER prices for mail and shipping for it!!!

Odd appearance aside, the first handful of Next Generation Delivery Vehicles that rolled onto postal routes in August in Athens are getting rave reviews from letter carriers....................

Ask the man who drives one. ( I forget what commercial this was from)

Once or twice a year I get meaningful mail (Tax or Voting or stimulus cards?). All junk the other 250 days. Only in America would they keep dumping $1100s of Billions into such a wasteful useless sinkhole.

As Trump pointed out “deliver Amazon packages at a loss, makes no sense”

It's already been proven beyond doubt that EV's are more expensive all the way around than gas or hybrids....and yet, they're buying them!???

More burden on the power grids, more excessive waste in production, more pollution to make up for the excessive needs for power, more pollution for the production of said vehicles, and MORE slave labor in countries that supply the ingredients for making the batteries.......as well as MORE destruction of the earth to dig out the chemicals and metals needed!!!!!

So, not ONLY are they going to use OUR tax dollars to fund this fiasco, they're going to start charging us HIGHER prices for mail and shipping for it!!!
Wait till they electrify their jets for the long haul.

1726144032222.png

Wait till they electrify their jets for the long haul.

View attachment 1010323
Since they started "Ground Advantage" fewer jets are needed. ;)

That said I sort of like Ground Advantage. I could care less if I receive a widget I ordered a day or two later.....Cheaper than PM and the weight limit/package size is about the same.

You’ll find these stalled out in snow. They will end up stripped if mail, stolen, retrofitted with a V8 gas motor from a PONTAC, with spinning rims, air shocks, a mural, thumping bass hauling hood rats to the mall.

Odd appearance aside, the first handful of Next Generation Delivery Vehicles that rolled onto postal routes in August in Athens are getting rave reviews from letter carriers....................

Ask the man who drives one. ( I forget what commercial this was from)
i drove the old ones....this one i would not want to be were parking is at a premium...the older ones fit into tight spaces this one i dont know....

EVs are prefect for something like mail deliver. No long trips, constant starting and stopping.

if you read the story synth you would find that dejoy did not want electric because of the cost....he kind of had no choice...the PMG's dont run the place anyway...
Then he's an idiot. EV is perfect for postal vehicles.

One of my best friends is my old Volvo mechanic. The guy is just a whiz with cars, especially Volvos. When the shop he worked at got sold he went to the USPS. He did suburbs, but since he wasn't a full time regular employee he didn't get a vehicle. He had to use one of his Volvos. So he used a 240 wagon, and did all kinds of modifications to get airflow to the engine, because 5 MPH in 96° Florida heat makes engines go boom. But even so, it played hell with his transmission. IC vehicles are not suited to crawling down the street for hours on end, in extreme heat.

Then he's an idiot. EV is perfect for postal vehicles.

One of my best friends is my old Volvo mechanic. The guy is just a whiz with cars, especially Volvos. When the shop he worked at got sold he went to the USPS. He did suburbs, but since he wasn't a full time regular employee he didn't get a vehicle. He had to use one of his Volvos. So he used a 240 wagon, and did all kinds of modifications to get airflow to the engine, because 5 MPH in 96° Florida heat makes engines go boom. But even so, it played hell with his transmission. IC vehicles are not suited to crawling down the street for hours on end, in extreme heat.
those gas vehicles have been doing it since the 20's....and were i delivered in the summer 100 degrees is quite often...and they got us through the day....and he is only doing what he is paid to do....try to make the place break even....the money that converting will cost will be alot,and guess who will take the heat when the public starts bitching about the place losing money?...yep you guessed it....the guy who said it will cost alot...

Forum List

Back