Utah dropping front license plate requirement.

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

SALT LAKE CITY — Most Utahns will no longer be issued two license plates and will no longer be required to have a front license plate by next year, under a new Utah law.

Gov. Spencer Cox signed SB45 Thursday night, along with many other state bills that cleared the Utah Legislature. The two license plates and front license plate requirements are two parts of the omnibus license plate revision bill.

OIP.Z4jgOWLUkkuDCoguC_Mi-AAAAA

I wish Virginia would do the same.

The last I heard they went with a "the children" excuse.....If someone kidnaps a child you could not get the number off the front plate......WTF?.....If you saw the front of the car the back would soon follow.

Cops love em because their plate readers can scan traffic both ways helping them drum up extra cash.

I never saw the need for a front plate

The only actual help I've seen it do is some moron T-boned a car that had the right of way on some side street, and ran away.

Unfortunately for him he left his front bumper with the plate on it behind.

I went over, checked on the man in the car (injured, but not too bad) and took the bumper, placed it on his car and said "the cops may want this"

Good thing too, because 10 min later before the cops showed up some guy rolled up (maybe a brother of the guy who hit and ran?) looking around the street frantically for what was probably the bumper/plate. He didn't have the balls though to go up to the hit car and take it.

I got a nice thank you note under my door a few months later for the help I gave.

The only actual help I've seen it do is some moron T-boned a car that had the right of way on some side street, and ran away.

Unfortunately for him he left his front bumper with the plate on it behind.

I went over, checked on the man in the car (injured, but not too bad) and took the bumper, placed it on his car and said "the cops may want this"

Good thing too, because 10 min later before the cops showed up some guy rolled up (maybe a brother of the guy who hit and ran?) looking around the street frantically for what was probably the bumper/plate. He didn't have the balls though to go up to the hit car and take it.

I got a nice thank you note under my door a few months later for the help I gave.
Around here that would have been a subpoena for a court appearance.....No good deed goes unpunished if you can do the law's work for them.

Around here that would have been a subpoena for a court appearance.....No good deed goes unpunished if you can do the law's work for them.

I got a thank you from the cops as well, once I told them what the guy was obviously trying to do.

You really need to put something on the front in that place. When I was in Tennessee, it seemed like there was a competition for stupidest place holder.

Cops love em because their plate readers can scan traffic both ways helping them drum up extra cash.

Then defund the police by driving safely, obeyind traffic laws and be considerate of other drivers.

Don't give them a reason to give you a ticket. That will teach them a lesson!

Then defund the police by driving safely, obeyind traffic laws and be considerate of other drivers.

Don't give them a reason to give you a ticket. That will teach them a lesson!
It's not a problem where I live...

States can do whatever they want but what's the point. Will they save a substantial amount of revenue by issuing only one plate? Have front license plates become a social issue ? What? Personally I wish the Commonwealth of Va. would require inspections every other year rather than every year.

That doesn't work in Utah.

All I know is where I live I've only ever had one ticket for turning left where you weren't supposed to because I didn't see the sign hanging on a wire above the road.

Wife makes a smart ass comment sometimes about me telling her it's called a speed limit for a reason when she mentions other people passing me. But I'm not the one with 2 speeding tickets.

All I know is where I live I've only ever had one ticket for turning left where you weren't supposed to because I didn't see the sign hanging on a wire above the road.

Wife makes a smart ass comment sometimes about me telling her it's called a speed limit for a reason when she mentions other people passing me. But I'm not the one with 2 speeding tickets.
Try all that with an out-of-state tag.

Try all that with an out-of-state tag.

Try all of what? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Try making an illegal left turn on accident and getting a ticket for it? I'd expect your get a ticket anywhere for that.

Or driving the speed limit?

Forum List

Back