VA Health Care History

usmcstinger

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2011
Wounded Men and Broken Promises by Robert Klein
Chapters 2 and 3 will give you good incite into the history the VA Culture.
The question to be answered: Has the VA Culture changed very much today?

There needs to be Veteran's involvement at every VAH.

Many VA Hospitals ( VAHS ) have a Veterans' Advisory Committee made up of Federally Charted Veterans' Organizations. It worked extremely well at the Northport VAH on Long Island. The VA must provide free office space to any Federally Charted Veterans' Organization ( FCVO ). They can advocate on behalf of any Veteran having difficulty in obtaining those services that they may be entitled to. If there is no Veterans' Advisor Committee demand one! The Leaders of FCVOs should create a system of Representation that will avoid chaos. This is just MHO.

Last edited:
Did VA care take a hit when it was decided to take all vets for medical care, if room was available? Does the VA still follow its priority list today? Are most people aware of that priority list? Should all vets needing medical care be treated on the same priority level?
In any case the Republican House finally passed a bill regarding veteran medical care and the Senate probably has followed suit already.

The Tea Party obviously makes republican law makers more responsive to their constituents since the primary defeat of the house majority leader. Barry Hussein has been fuking up the VA for five years. What do the "concerned Veterans" think we should do besides sit on our ass and whine?

Did VA care take a hit when it was decided to take all vets for medical care, if room was available? Does the VA still follow its priority list today? Are most people aware of that priority list? Should all vets needing medical care be treated on the same priority level?
In any case the Republican House finally passed a bill regarding veteran medical care and the Senate probably has followed suit already.

There are 8 VA Health Care Priority Groups
Priority Groups Table - Health Benefits

I was on a waiting list for 6 months to use a Community Outpatient Clinic which was closer than making the hour and a half drive to the VA Hospital.
I decided to call the Clinic to find out where I was on the waiting list. She looked up my VA info and said you are service connected Priority 1. Next Wednesday you will have an appointment to see your Primary Doctor. She added, the priority list was all screwed up and she is working on fixing it.

Last edited:
I don't consider this story to be worthy of its own thread, but in view of the scandals around the VA here I thought it might be worth a link here:

China's Vietnam veterans fighting new battle

Marginalised and misunderstood, Chinese Vietnam veterans -- who fought in a little-celebrated war against their southern neighbours -- risk beatings and prison in a new battle with government officials.
Teng Xingqiu is one of thousands of retired Chinese soldiers staging an increasing number of protests over unpaid benefits and unnerving Communist authorities.

I would have thought that given the dominance the PLA has over Red Chinese politics, they would have treated their vets better. The government there certainly deals with their complaints a lot differently ...

Last edited:
The Tea Party obviously makes republican law makers more responsive to their constituents since the primary defeat of the house majority leader. Barry Hussein has been fuking up the VA for five years. What do the "concerned Veterans" think we should do besides sit on our ass and whine?

The VA I go to is great..

Forum List

Back