Very efficient solar cells

Exactly. Same goes for the big energy company wanting to install a meter on everything.

You already have a meter. If you produce more energy than you use, you get to sell it back to them. You need a meter for that.
I dont think they like the idea that the meter favors the home owner and not them,,,and that alone would be why they slam personal panels and favor solar farms instead,,,that way the meter flows one way in their favor,,,
How do they favor solar farms over the average home owner?
because they are building solar farms where the meter goes one way and not installing them on homes where the meter goes both ways,,,
what makes you think they would be OK with paying the home owner instead of the home owner paying them???
It can go both ways for the home owner so you really have no argument.
thats what I just said and it doesnt have anything to do with my comment since you ignore half of what I said,,,
What did I ignore? You argued you couldn’t sell your excess energy to the grid?

There’s nothing stopping you from installing solar.

I dont think they like the idea that the meter favors the home owner and not them,,,and that alone would be why they slam personal panels and favor solar farms instead,,,that way the meter flows one way in their favor,,,
Anyone who generates electricity that enters the grid can sell it.
not all places have a grid tie option and I am sure as to say there are requirements,, like you cant fire up a generator and sell the juice from it,,,you can look it up if your curious,,,
You should look it up because they have to take your spare juice and you do get paid for it.

If there is no grid option then you aren’t getting juice from them and there are no meters.

thats what I said,,,
Then there are no evil corporations to oppose it.

they dont have to be evil to stop it,,,but they can and do oppose it if it effects their bottom line

because they are building solar farms where the meter goes one way and not installing them on homes where the meter goes both ways,,,
what makes you think they would be OK with paying the home owner instead of the home owner paying them???
thats what I just said and it doesnt have anything to do with my comment since you ignore half of what I said,,,

no I didnt,,,I said you cant start up a generator and sell that back to them,,,

please try reading before you comment,,,

Anyone who generates electricity that enters the grid can sell it.
not all places have a grid tie option and I am sure as to say there are requirements,, like you cant fire up a generator and sell the juice from it,,,you can look it up if your curious,,,
You should look it up because they have to take your spare juice and you do get paid for it.

If there is no grid option then you aren’t getting juice from them and there are no meters.

thats what I said,,,

they dont have to be evil to stop it,,,but they can and do oppose it if it effects their bottom line
Tell me when they stop you from installing solar and then we can talk.

Sell what back to them? The generator? No. The electricity from the generator? Yes.

thats what I said,,,

Tell me when they stop you from installing solar and then we can talk.
I never said they did,,,

Sell what back to them? The generator? No. The electricity from the generator? Yes.
sorry but a generator hooked up to a grid system will never pass inspection,,,

The video is actually addressing the key problem with solar panels and the spectrum.

Not being able to harness all of the spectrum has always been a key factor of what power comes out of it and for what cost. High efficient solar panels are only about 24% now. And you need to mortgage your kids to get a system to produce enough power for a home.

All that matters in the end is KWH..........Or Kilo Watt Hours...........

All that matters to sell it.............is the cost of a KWH.........which is way higher than fossil fuels.......until that is addressed............it is not cost effective power...........And the cost of the batteries needed to go off grid are very very expensive.

We shall see if this new tech can do what they say is going on........I'm skeptical on that. Show me......and show me competitive costs.

It’s called net metering. The hookup doesn’t change. It’s already there.

https://www.motherearthnews.com/ren...-excess-solar-power-back-to-the-grid-zbcz1705

https://www.motherearthnews.com/ren...-excess-solar-power-back-to-the-grid-zbcz1705
its also called grid tie system like I've been saying,,,and you still cant hook up a generator and sell that juice back to them because it wouldnt pass inspection,,,and your own link says solar not generators,,,

stop being a dumbass,,,

its also called grid tie system like I've been saying,,,and you still cant hook up a generator and sell that juice back to them because it wouldnt pass inspection,,,and your own link says solar not generators,,,

stop being a dumbass,,,
If you are buying electricity from the grid you are already connected to the grid. So if you install any generating device the electricity will flow both ways. You literally can’t prevent it. Installing a net meter meters the flow of electricity both ways.

stop being a dumbass,,,
Solar, diesel, natural gas, hamsters on a treadmill. It makes no difference to the electricity or the flow of electricity how it gets generated. If you generate more than you use the surplus electricity will flow into the grid and the net meter will credit you for the electricity supplied to the grid.

stop being a dumbass,,,
If you are buying electricity from the grid you are already connected to the grid. So if you install any generating device the electricity will flow both ways. You literally can’t prevent it. Installing a net meter meters the flow of electricity both ways.
its also illegal and really fucking stupid,,,

stop being a dumbass,,,
Solar, diesel, natural gas, hamsters on a treadmill. It makes no difference to the electricity or the flow of electricity how it gets generated. If you generate more than you use the surplus electricity will flow into the grid and the net meter will credit you for the electricity supplied to the grid.
NO FUCKING SHIT!!!

THATS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG,,,
but you wanted to make it a dumbass conversation by bringing generators into a solar discussion

They can get in on the goodies. They have the resources.The issue is that your Prog party is more interested in being the middle man and taken any credit for everything. If they really cared they would not care where it came from.

Forum List

Back