Virginia’s Top Elections Official Warns of Possible Delays due to USPS in Mail-In Voting This Year

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021

Commissioner of Elections Susan Beals on Wednesday expressed concerns with the operational performance of the U.S. Postal Service ahead of the 2024 presidential election in Virginia, warning that mail-in ballots may not be processed in time to be counted.

“Election officials depend on the U.S. mail service to deliver ballots to voters and to return ballots to election officials,” Beals told members of the Virginia House of Delegates Privileges and Elections Committee at a meeting in Richmond. “What I am hoping to change is the expectation of voters, that if I put my ballot in the mail five days before election day that it is going to get there. You need to plan further out than that.”

Beals, who was appointed as Virginia’s commissioner of election by Gov. Glenn Youngkin in March 2022, responded to a question by Del. Phillip Scott, R-Fredericksburg, who had asked what she considered “the biggest threat” to the upcoming election.

Beals said since before the 2023 election cycle, the Department of Elections has seen issues with mail-in ballots cast by voters who had been living in the same house for decades.

“For example, the registrar tries to mail you a ballot and it gets mailed back to the registrar with one of those yellow stickers,” Beals said. “We had some cases where voters were trying to mail their ballot to an elections office and it’s being returned to the voter. We’ve had long delivery times and we’ve had examples of ballots that were sitting in the processing centers for days.”

The Postal Service has faced significant challenges in delivering mail-in ballots on time since the 2020 presidential election. The surge in mail-in voting due to the COVID-19 pandemic strained the postal system, leading to delays and concerns about the timely counting of votes.

Damn shame it has come to this.

We used to have "excused reason only" absentee balloting.....Now (due to dems) it's no excuse needed.

I've not seen any problems in my AO but they say down around Richmond mail can sit at a hub for weeks.

Many time sensitive businesses down that way have went to Fed-Ex or UPS.

They should take their damned mascot back.

1725883083172.png

strained postal system?....when i worked there they were processing way more mail than today including ballots galore.....if there is a problem its with postal middle management,if political mail sits,the manager were its sitting may lose his/her job....

Commissioner of Elections Susan Beals on Wednesday expressed concerns with the operational performance of the U.S. Postal Service ahead of the 2024 presidential election in Virginia, warning that mail-in ballots may not be processed in time to be counted.

“Election officials depend on the U.S. mail service to deliver ballots to voters and to return ballots to election officials,” Beals told members of the Virginia House of Delegates Privileges and Elections Committee at a meeting in Richmond. “What I am hoping to change is the expectation of voters, that if I put my ballot in the mail five days before election day that it is going to get there. You need to plan further out than that.”

Beals, who was appointed as Virginia’s commissioner of election by Gov. Glenn Youngkin in March 2022, responded to a question by Del. Phillip Scott, R-Fredericksburg, who had asked what she considered “the biggest threat” to the upcoming election.

Beals said since before the 2023 election cycle, the Department of Elections has seen issues with mail-in ballots cast by voters who had been living in the same house for decades.

“For example, the registrar tries to mail you a ballot and it gets mailed back to the registrar with one of those yellow stickers,” Beals said. “We had some cases where voters were trying to mail their ballot to an elections office and it’s being returned to the voter. We’ve had long delivery times and we’ve had examples of ballots that were sitting in the processing centers for days.”

The Postal Service has faced significant challenges in delivering mail-in ballots on time since the 2020 presidential election. The surge in mail-in voting due to the COVID-19 pandemic strained the postal system, leading to delays and concerns about the timely counting of votes.

We used to have "excused reason only" absentee balloting.....Now (due to dems) it's no excuse needed.

I've not seen any problems in my AO but they say down around Richmond mail can sit at a hub for weeks.

Dims win Virginia likely anyway.
All we can do is pay attention in the swing states Trump will win, same night, and its all over for the ho.

strained postal system?....when i worked there they were processing way more mail than today including ballots galore.....if there is a problem its with postal middle management,if political mail sits,the manager were its sitting may lose his/her job....

The problem with the postal system is labor unions. The Postal Service has nine collective bargaining agreements with seven unions covering approximately 517,000 career employees and 67,000 non-career employees.

I’m not sure if it’s county-wide, but I got a note from libs in the local government that once a person registers for an absentee ballot, he will automatically receive one for the rest of his life without a need for reapplication.

That means that if I got a ballot at my house at 1234 Cheating Democrat way in 2020, a ballot will continue to be mailed to that address for decades. Even if I move and someone else gets it.

The OP here is one of the worst liabilities the GOP has on USMB.

The OP here is 100% against auditing machine election fraud in VA.

The OP here hence has ZERO CREDIBILITY discussing this issue, since the OP loves W and Cheney and will likely vote Harris because W and Cheney will too...

I’m not sure if it’s county-wide, but I got a note from libs in the local government that once a person registers for an absentee ballot, he will automatically receive one for the rest of his life without a need for reapplication.

That means that if I got a ballot at my house at 1234 Cheating Democrat way in 2020, a ballot will continue to be mailed to that address for decades. Even if I move and someone else gets it.
Nah, a ballot has to be requested for each election unless you opt to receive them for elections in the future.

Permanent Absentee List​

Voters have the option to vote absentee in the next election or to automatically receive an absentee ballot for all future elections. Voters who choose to receive an absentee ballot for all future elections must sign up for the permanent absentee list by applying online or by paper application to join the permanent absentee list.

Nah, a ballot has to be requested for each election unless you opt to receive them for elections in the future.

Permanent Absentee List​

Voters have the option to vote absentee in the next election or to automatically receive an absentee ballot for all future elections. Voters who choose to receive an absentee ballot for all future elections must sign up for the permanent absentee list by applying online or by paper application to join the permanent absentee list.

OK….maybe I remembered wrong. But unless a personal is elderly or permanently disabled, I don’t see why someone should get permanent absentee status.

OK….maybe I remembered wrong. But unless a personal is elderly or permanently disabled, I don’t see why someone should get permanent absentee status.
Sigh, it's because the dems, when they held total sway, changed the law and since the gop lost the House and Senate the law they changed is still in place.....What we have now is "no excuse" absentee voting so they made it where you could put yourself on the list.

Sigh, it's because the dems, when they held total sway, changed the law and since the gop lost the House and Senate the law they changed is still in place.....What we have now is "no excuse" absentee voting so they made it where you could put yourself on the list.
Yup…..the Dems do what they can do enable a steal.

Did Virginia count mail-in ballots received after elections in 2020? The best thing people can do is early-in-person vote. If they do a mail-in ballot they need to drop it off at polling location.

The problem with the postal system is labor unions. The Postal Service has nine collective bargaining agreements with seven unions covering approximately 517,000 career employees and 67,000 non-career employees.
the problem is with who runs it.....the unions dont touch the mail......middle management in the post office is pretty shitty...if political mail is sitting on a back dock somewhere the manager of that instillation will have a few questions to answer....as will the PM of the city....

Did Virginia count mail-in ballots received after elections in 2020? The best thing people can do is early-in-person vote. If they do a mail-in ballot they need to drop it off at polling location.
I early in-person vote at the registrar's office because it's closer than my election day location.

What with the assassination attempt I'll wait a bit longer this go-round to make sure some leftist nut-job doesn't kill Trump before election day.

I early in-person vote at the registrar's office because it's closer than my election day location.

What with the assassination attempt I'll wait a bit longer this go-round to make sure some leftist nut-job doesn't kill Trump before election day.
I don't think Timpon ever qualified on a rifle.....

Forum List

Back