Want to buy a house in LA? This is what $570k will get you

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
I remember one of my brothers and I staying with my grandparents in Arkansas, back in the early 60's. My grandparents had a son who lived in Los Angeles and we all piled into a pickup truck with a camper on it, and went to LA to visit.

My grandparents rented a house for the Summer, right in Hollywood. You could see the Capitol Records building from there, if you walked down the street a little. The houses around there were all very well-kept with trim lawns, and everyone seemed to have orange or lemon trees in their yards. No idea what they were paying for rent there, but it was probably pretty cheap.

Things sure have changed. This house in LA is for sale. The asking price is $570,000.

I remember one of my brothers and I staying with my grandparents in Arkansas, back in the early 60's. My grandparents had a son who lived in Los Angeles and we all piled into a pickup truck with a camper on it, and went to LA to visit.

My grandparents rented a house for the Summer, right in Hollywood. You could see the Capitol Records building from there, if you walked down the street a little. The houses around there were all very well-kept with trim lawns, and everyone seemed to have orange or lemon trees in their yards. No idea what they were paying for rent there, but it was probably pretty cheap.

Things sure have changed. This house in LA is for sale. The asking price is $570,000.

Yep, it's like Toronto. Frightening

Boxy Stucco homes with no plants because they fine you for watering your lawn.

Postage stamp size yards with nothing but dirt or weeds.

I'm so glad I don't live there anymore.

Nothing that couldn't be fixed with a good coat of fire.

Boxy Stucco homes with no plants because they fine you for watering your lawn.

Postage stamp size yards with nothing but dirt or weeds.

I'm so glad I don't live there anymore.

What a shame. The residential areas around Hollywood were very pretty back in the early 60's.

I would move away from blue cities.

WEF/Democrats are planning a full scale war with Russia before the election.

The WEF is using Democrats to put American weapons in NATO countries to launch into Russia. When Russia strikes back, WEF/Democrats will scream article 5 and full scale war.

Democrats here say Democrats in big cities are willing to die in Russian responses for Ukraine.

What a shame. The residential areas around Hollywood were very pretty back in the early 60's.
We bought our house in 77'. It only cost $37,500.00

It was 3 bedroom, 1 bath, no AC, no garage. Neighbors kept parking in my parking spot in front. Stucco. The foundation kept cracking because they built it on a landfill. I sold it in 2003 for $425,000.00.

Last listing price I saw on Zillow was $162,000.00

I would move away from blue cities.

WEF/Democrats are planning a full scale war with Russia before the election.

The WEF is using Democrats to put American weapons in NATO countries to launch into Russia. When Russia strikes back, WEF/Democrats will scream article 5 and full scale war.

Democrats here say Democrats in big cities are willing to die in Russian responses for Ukraine.
The Democrat Party is the cult they accuse us of being in.

For 570,000 in my area, you will get a nice sized home with acerage, and an extra detached garage or pole building, in a quiet, crime free exurban area.

For 60k less I am currently building a brand new house ranch style 1600ft with a full basement house on a 3 acre lot with the back of the property going down to woods and a creek that's on protected land that can't ever be built on and the nearest marker for a neighbors foundation is 60ft away. Should be finished by October.

And I am old enough to know I really am still paying more than I should, but that's still the cost of doing business these days.

No way in hell id pay more to live in a cracker jack box in that god awful democrat stronghold state.

Forum List

Back