Want to Honor Dr. Kings dream?

Zona

A guy in ariZONA
Aug 15, 2009
Phoenix, AZ.
Congratulate this country's First Black President. Even Dr. King didn't see this one coming this quickly.

Congrats President Barrack H. Obama. You are living Dr. Kings dream and are the living embodiment of what he stood for.

God Bless America.

Sounds like you find the President being black to be his most appealing asset.

Sounds like you find the President being black to be his most appealing asset.

He won as the democratic nominee and was black. Yes, it is historic and Dr. King would be extremely proud.

I think Dr. King would have preferred him to be elected for the content of his character, not for the color of his skin.

Who is to say he wasn't? The losing party of course.

He won as the democratic nominee and was black. Yes, it is historic and Dr. King would be extremely proud.

I think Dr. King would have preferred him to be elected for the content of his character, not for the color of his skin.

Of course he wasnt. Of course everyone jumped on the "first black president"crap. Which isn't true of course. Obama is the first mulatto president. That's some kind of milestone or other, I am sure.

Congratulations, President Obama, for being so good at making speeches that you deflected scrutiny and successfully duped the American public.

Congratulations Democratic party for having so many members of the media with a script to push which let Obama be in the right place at the right time to make history, in spite of what America really needed, which was a competent leader at the helm.

I'm glad that young people of color all around the nation see that it's possible for even them to achieve the highest office in the land.

I'm sad at how far Obama has set back the struggle in substance because of his over-reliance on style and his belief in his own press.

But now we've seen the dangers of choosing style over experience, and hopefully we've got this juvenile shallowness out of our system, and next time can pick a leader based on qualifications, not on hype.

So, thanks President Obama for helping us get past this historical hurdle. You could possibly have been worse. Hopefully you'll just be a bump in the road and we can recover from the damage you've done to the Constitution and our standing in the world.

Last edited:
I did Congratulate Obama when he was elected and reelected that however does not change the fact I disagree with most of his policies while I have no doubt Martin Luther King would be proud to see a black man elected President I can't help but wonder how many of the current Presidents policies he would support.

Not so much.

Vote For Obama Because He's Black - Cal Thomas - Page full

Krissah Thompson of The Washington Post reports that on "The Tom Joyner Morning Show," which has an estimated 8 million radio listeners, Joyner, who is black, said, "Stick together, black people." The show reaches one in four African-American adults.

Rev. Al Sharpton, who also has a radio show and a gig on MSNBC, admonished blacks who have been critical of the president, "I'm not telling you to shut up. I'm telling you: Don't make some of us have to speak up."

The attempt at poetry is getting tiresome, Al. Why don't you leave that to Jesse Jackson?

Joyner went even further on his blog, writes Thompson: "Let's not deal with the facts right now," he said. "Let's deal with just our blackness and pride -- and loyalty. We have the chance to re-elect the first African-American president, and that's what we ought to be doing. And I'm not afraid or ashamed to say that as black people, we should do it because he's a black man."​

Do you believe Joyner's view is isolated? If so, why?

Congratulate this country's First Black President. Even Dr. King didn't see this one coming this quickly.

Congrats President Barrack H. Obama. You are living Dr. Kings dream and are the living embodiment of what he stood for.

God Bless America.

I did...right here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/63444-cnn-projections-4.html#post880555

And today I honor Dr. King by critiquing the first black president's terrible policy decisions, both foreign and domestic, in exactly the same way I would if he were white.

Equality...it's not all sunshine and rainbows...

Last edited:

God Bless America.

I did...right here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/63444-cnn-projections-4.html#post880555

And today I honor Dr. King by critiquing the first black president's terrible policy decisions, both foreign and domestic, exactly the same way I would if he were white.

We've been repeatedly told that it's racist -- and dang near treason -- to criticize the First Black President, because all opposition to him is due solely to racism.

Of course, this comes from people who can't cogently defend his policies using facts and logic, so there ya go.

God Bless America.

And today I honor Dr. King by critiquing the first black president's terrible policy decisions, both foreign and domestic, exactly the same way I would if he were white.

We've been repeatedly told that it's racist -- and dang near treason -- to criticize the First Black President, because all opposition to him is due solely to racism.

Of course, this comes from people who can't cogently defend his policies using facts and logic, so there ya go.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Some on the left believe that President Obama should receive some sort of special accommodation because he is Black...

That's not how equality works.

Like I said, I'd have the exact same ideological differences with President Obama as I would if Joe Biden won and instituted those same policies.

And I'd criticize President Obama on the exact same grounds regardless of his race, creed, color, gender, or sexual orientation.

IMO, that's a win for civil rights and Dr. King's legacy.

But others on the left use the President's race to defect and marginalize any opposition to his policies.

I don't think Dr. King would consider that advancing the cause of equality...

Last edited:

God Bless America.

Oh for the love of God you are incredibly dense.

God Bless America.

Oh for the love of God you are incredibly dense.
You reosponded exactly like I knew you would. :)

Congratulations, President Obama, for being so good at making speeches that you deflected scrutiny and successfully duped the American public.

Congratulations Democratic party for having so many members of the media with a script to push which let Obama be in the right place at the right time to make history, in spite of what America really needed, which was a competent leader at the helm.

I'm glad that young people of color all around the nation see that it's possible for even them to achieve the highest office in the land.

I'm sad at how far Obama has set back the struggle in substance because of his over-reliance on style and his belief in his own press.

But now we've seen the dangers of choosing style over experience, and hopefully we've got this juvenile shallowness out of our system, and next time can pick a leader based on qualifications, not on hype.

So, thanks President Obama for helping us get past this historical hurdle. You could possibly have been worse. Hopefully you'll just be a bump in the road and we can recover from the damage you've done to the Constitution and our standing in the world.
So I gather you feel that Romney is substantive?

McCain even...yes?

God Bless America.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Forum List

Back