Was MLK, Jr. A Republican?

Historically, Democrats did everything they could to keep Blacks from voting. Then, in the mid 1960s, Lyndon Johnson had an epiphany. Call it his 200 year plan. This was how he sold it to anti Civil Rights Democrats with names like Fullbright and Gore. Democrats would stop oppressing Black votes and seek to own and dominate the Black vote through Entitlement as the barter. Democrats continue to replicate this model with Latinos and Gays..... Buy the vote.

It's a common refrain from brain dead right wingers on here. Unfortunately, the folks who awarded Obama with the Lie Of the Year, and King's biographers, say you're wrong.

No, Martin Luther King was not a Republican | PolitiFact

Here's some people who say he was a Republican.

I'm a member of this organization.

I have met and had dinner with the founder, Frances Rice.

She has spoken at many Republican functions I have attended.

check out their site nbra.info

Go to the FAQ section, you will see the answer to the question.

Stop in the store you can buy yourself a tee-shirt and bumper sticker.

I have the yard sign. It makes for interesting conversation during the election cycle.

Would my avatar lie?

Who cares which party Dr. King belonged to?

Howie, duh!

Do you Conservatives still want to try to claim to be the party of Lincoln? You Teabaggers have spent the past 6 years doing all that you can (which really wasn't that much when you think about it, which you won't) to stop America's first black President from doing anything meaningful. Of course you failed but that still hasn't stopped you.

You Conservatives hate this black "Kenyan Muslim Marxist Boi" President so much that you even cheer for Russia against your own President and country.

How you keep avoiding the only fact that matters ( psst...he is a LIBERAL)because he is black is amazing

Yes. He was. At the time the democrats were dominated by the very racist Dixiecrats.

That could probably be true. I hear that Democrats would not allow blacks in their party.

Billy McKinney (Cynthia McKinney's father) ran on the Republican ticket.

Forum List

Back