🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

WeatherUnderground predicting 6" rain at Oroville over next 7 days

Should the Federal Government help?

Yes.

Afterwards an investigation into why nothing was done to fix the issue befor now should be done and if negligence is found then those guilty should be held accountable!

Should the Federal Government help?

Yes.

Afterwards an investigation into why nothing was done to fix the issue befor now should be done and if negligence is found then those guilty should be held accountable!
as long as i lived there they never wanted to spend money on infrastructure until something forced them too.....other pet projects were more important....

The government should help as they do any state with a disaster... we can cast blame later.
I think numerous administrations have been ignoring rotting infrastructure all over the nation for decades and decades and states ain't doing much better.

It (infrastructure) may have had some attention before....but since the Minneapolis bridge collapsed in 2007, it's been more in the news both local & national, especially during that time.......about the nations aging infrastructure.....roads, bridges, dams, etc.

The thing with this dam & Cali....they weren't paying attention to the dam(s) problems because 'hey, we haven't had a need to worry about it for 40+ years' but what they forgot was the reason the dam was built in the first place and now they are going to see what their choices have done. Too bad the innocent people will have to suffer for it though

Should the feds help? I say no! Brownie gave illegal aliens billions of dollars that should have been spent on flood prevention.

Oroville, CA | 49.6° | Clear
Nothing to help with right now. They have managed to lower the lake enough to absorb any new storms. Their problem is going to really hit them hard come April when the record snow pack starts to melt.

They better get the auxiliary spillway fixed before then.

I have been here a week. Oroville is about 25 miles south of where I am. All day I have seen car after car after car enter town...some destined for here, some heading to Chico..all evacuees. We are lucky we landed in our new living arrangements UP hill..and not down in Oroville.
Not being that familiar with this area, the locals all have said everyone knew the dam was outdated even though "monitored", because the powers that be thought the drought would continue forever I guess. Well...it didn't. We now have a lot of water..and more to come with the next storm. Plus the winter snows melting. Driving from central calif coast to here up north, every canal we have seen has been filled to the brim. I can imagine what that dam looked like last summer vs what it looks like now.

And in answer to your question..yes, the government should help.

Paradise, CA
Tuesday 10:00 PM
Clear with periodic clouds
sunny_s_cloudy.png

°F | °C
Precipitation: 1%
Humidity: 68%
Wind: 4 mph
Temperature
Precipitation
Wind

Tue
partly_cloudy.png

65°
47°
Wed
cloudy.png

58°
48°
Thu
rain.png

50°
45°
Fri
rain.png

54°
45°
Sat
rain_light.png

53°
42°
Sun
partly_cloudy.png

50°
45°
Mon
rain.png

52°
43°
Tue
rain.png

49°
39°
Flash Flood Watch
Central Sacramento Valley, California
8 hours ago – National Weather Service
FLASH Flood Watch IN EFFECT FOR THE Auxiliary SPILLWAY AT OROVILLE DAM IN BUTTE COUNTY CA

Should the feds help? I say no! Brownie gave illegal aliens billions of dollars that should have been spent on flood prevention.

Oroville, CA | 49.6° | Clear

Perhaps a bit of confusion.

The Weather Underground is a domestic terrorist group formed by petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama's good friend, Bill Ayers, and his wife, convicted felon Bernardine Dohrn.

The Weather Underground is of course, both. A weather site and a domestic terrorist organization here in the US with Obamas good buddy bill Ayers as a founding terrorist.

Forum List

Back