Wedding Update We Finally Have A Date

Congratulations! YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping that you would find this thread I just wish I could tell you more, but due to our disabilities and financial struggles it's going to have to be a while, but it'll be worth the wait and to get married on the most romantic day of the year was my idea that he really liked. 🥰

We don't have a place to live yet so it's probably going to be at least another year until we have things settled as a bunch of personal issues are going on right now, but my fiancee and I have just picked a Valentine's Day to get married on. 🥰
Congratulation. But hate to rain on your special time. Getting married on Valentine's or any holiday is not a good idea. More people who get married on special day end in divorce. I will post the link.

Last edited:
Yeah that's what we're having trouble with right now. It isn't easy to find a place in general let alone people on SSI.
It's bad times for that right now. Between Big Banks and municipalities lusting after tax money from the properties they own, it's hard out there.

Just in 2004 I had a Garage apt. in the most expensive area of town with 2 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths with a small but fully functional kitchen and a large living room for $550/mo with water included. Ofc I was splitting with someone, so that was very doable. Really, the garage apt. seemed more spacious than the house. It's cuz they had small rooms and hallways.

Something like that would be $1550/mo now.

I'm REALLY hoping and praying for a job right now. It's just that I have to find the right people to talk to to see what I'm qualified to do. My fiancee is looking at getting a job right now too.

We don't have a place to live yet so it's probably going to be at least another year until we have things settled as a bunch of personal issues are going on right now, but my fiancee and I have just picked a Valentine's Day to get married on. 🥰

CONGRATS to you both!

Congratulations!!! but I thought you already had your wedding this summer for some reason?

My son got married last weekend & my daughter was married 5 weeks before that.
I have a new son & daughter & I'm in the waiting for grandkids mode now!

Congratulations!!! but I thought you already had your wedding this summer for some reason?

My son got married last weekend & my daughter was married 5 weeks before that.
I have a new son & daughter & I'm in the waiting for grandkids mode now!

No, it was only my engagement announcement, but congrats to them as well!! :D

I'm REALLY hoping and praying for a job right now. It's just that I have to find the right people to talk to to see what I'm qualified to do. My fiancee is looking at getting a job right now too.
Both or either of you, if you live in the Upstate NY area, could find a well-paying job if you have any kind of mechanical skills at all.

Forum List

Back