What are you listening to?

Last edited:

I just want to move ahead
I just want to free myself - but it's a struggle
I just want to stay in bed
I just want to be myself - but it's a struggle

The title always recalls this --- Sheila Chandra "The Struggle"

I had the privilege to interview this outstanding artist years ago. Tragically this title is now ironic as she has now been rendered mute by a weird disease called Burning Mouth Syndrome and can no longer sing or even speak.

The syllables she's chanting in the rhythm are called bols. In India you're required to be able to sing the percussion notes and have them all nailed before you're even allowed to touch the drum.

I just want to move ahead
I just want to free myself - but it's a struggle
I just want to stay in bed
I just want to be myself - but it's a struggle

The title always recalls this --- Sheila Chandra "The Struggle"

I had the privilege to interview this outstanding artist years ago. Tragically this title is now ironic as she has now been rendered mute by a weird disease called Burning Mouth Syndrome and can no longer sing or even speak.

The syllables she's chanting in the rhythm are called bols. In India you're required to be able to sing the percussion notes and have them all nailed before you're even allowed to touch the drum.

Burning mouth syndrome pretty weird and ironic since she liked to chant.....

Yo, this song was my favorite over the radio when I was young! It Does Tell Fact Of Life!

"GTP"
graphics-bugs-bunny-735189.gif

Knew from the start
It had to be you
You got my heart
I don't know what
I'm gonna do with your love

Heaven sent a sign that sent you
I'm going out of my mind
Since I met you

Today's cd's that have been playing over and over on the sound system outdoors and indoors are Winton Marsalis' Portrait of an Artist and The Majesty of the Blues.

I despise blues generally as a genre, mostly trash, but a few musicians stand out as genuine musical talent, like Winton and Branford, BB King, Solomon Burke, and a few others.

Today's cd's that have been playing over and over on the sound system outdoors and indoors are Winton Marsalis' Portrait of an Artist and The Majesty of the Blues.

I despise blues generally as a genre, mostly trash, but a few musicians stand out as genuine musical talent, like Winton and Branford, BB King, Solomon Burke, and a few others. Winton's Majesty is at the top of the very short list.

Forum List

Back