What are you listening to?

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

Hank Williams "Why Don't You Love Me?" released in 1950 on the MGM record label, the B Side is "A House Without Love"

The Smiths "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me" from the 1987 album "Strangeways, Here We Come" released on Rough Trade records....this is the album version, the "7 is 2 minutes shorter in duration, the B Side of that is "Rusholme Ruffians" a session version for the GREAT John Peel RIP - Strangeways is a famous prison in Manchester, England and Rusholme is an Inner-City area of Manchester, England.

The Smiths "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me", featuring VERY LONG 1 minute 56 second intro, the actual SONG begins at the obviously 1 minute 56 second mark....I think this is my absolute favourite Smiths song, so beautiful and yet so tragic. The photo from cover of the album, is of actor Richard Davalos in a still from the film "East Of Eden" made in 1954 by Elia Kazan, also featuring James Dean, film released in March 1955.

Martha Reeves and The Vandellas - pre-1967 known as Martha and The Vandellas.

Martha Reeves and The Vandellas "Tear It On Down" from the 1972 album "Black Magic" on the Gordy record label. This was their last album, and "Tear It On Down" is probably one of their finest songs.

Belle & Sebastian "Dirty Dream Number Two" from the 1998 album "The Boy With The Arab Strap" released on Jeepster Recordings....THIS is from when Belle & Sebastian were STILL ACTUALLY a good band.

Arab Strap, like Belle & Sebastian, a band from Glasgow, Scotland....AN Arab Strap is a sexual device that men often use to get it up and stay up, it's a leather and metal ring construction. File Under Bondage Devices :dev2: :eek-52:

The video won't come up in the post, so click on link and it brings the thing straight from You Tube....it's REALLY worth it, it's a fabulous song!

Belle and Sebastian - Dirty Dream Number Two

Last edited:
Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

Wanda Jackson "Fujiyama Mama" this was released in 1957 on Capitol Records, the B Side is "No Wedding Bells For Joe"

Wanda Jackson a woman with what can only be described as balls, also she always sounds like she drank rocket fuel for breakfast.

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

X-Ray Spex "Oh Bondage Up Yours!" released in 1977 on Virgin Records, the B Side is "I Am A Cliché"

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

The Human League "Being Boiled" released in 1978 on Fast Product Records, the B Side is "Circus Of Death"

i listen to and watch this video below at LEAST twice every other day or so because of the reason you see listed in my sig below.:biggrin: proof dreams really CAN come true.:biggrin::mm::happy-1::clap2::dance:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

The Primitives "Stop Killing Me" released in 1987 on Lazy Records the B Side is "Buzz Buzz Buzz"

Forum List

Back