What did our founders really mean when they said “general welfare”?

If you voted for Trump there’s a good chance you’re a lot like me with regard to why....I voted for him on two policies almost exclusively...First and foremost on how he would deal with illegal Mexicans and the border
And people scoffed when I kept saying in 2016 the election was about Mexicans and Muslims. :lol:

If someone besides me would finally admit that tax expenditures are welfare spending, that would be awesome.

They add up to DOUBLE what is spent on traditional welfare programs, yet I never have once heard someone claiming to be a conservative on this forum express any outrage over them whatseover.

In fact, most pseudocons scream like welfare queens when you talk about abolishing them so we can all pay lower tax rates.

There is nothing that difficult about General Welfare

Congress does what is in the General Welfare of the United States.......it’s best interests

That may be infrastructure, education, public safety and even taking care of those who are struggling

You're right...this is simple as fuck
We know what congress does...we also know they are not empowered to do what they do with regard to spending for "GENERAL WELFARE". They have been grossly negligent...The American public in GENERAL does not benefit by paying ShaQuita to smoke weed or by paying Guadalupe to expand her litter....simple shit that you and your circle talking buddy Questioner can't wrap your heads around.
Congress represents We the People
For close to a hundred years, General Welfare has included helping to support our poorest citizens.

If someone besides me would finally admit that tax expenditures are welfare spending, that would be awesome. They add up to DOUBLE what is spent on traditional welfare programs, yet I never have once heard someone claiming to be a conservative on this forum express any outrage over them whatseover.

In fact, most pseudocons scream like welfare queens when you talk about abolishing them so we can all pay lower tax rates.

Trump "conservatives" are loathe to admit the the tax code is used to redistribute wealth. Republicans used to get this. They've chosen the simplistic, and stupidly wrong, view that lowering taxes is always a good thing. Simplistic is about all they can manage.

Ok, so what?
For close to a hundred years, General Welfare has included helping to support our poorest citizens.
Slavery was legal in the US for close to hundred years as well. Just because something's been around for awhile doesn't mean it's right.

Our welfare clause is general because it must be comprehensive enough to provide a general solution for any contingency. FDR proved this is the Case in our federal republic; thank Goodness FDR was a left winger.
General does not mean comprehensive in any know form of English usage.

You are making shit up, like you always do.

Commie

for quite a while danny thought Ellis island was somewhere in Arizona....

Ok, so what?
Slavery was legal in the US for close to hundred years as well. Just because something's been around for awhile doesn't mean it's right.
If you want to equate helping struggling Americans to slavery, you are welcome to it

Ok, so what?
If you want to equate helping struggling Americans to slavery, you are welcome to it
Fuck you. That's not what I did.
You made a stupid argument. I called you on it. Just because something has been around a while doesn't mean it's a good thing.

There is nothing that difficult about General Welfare

Congress does what is in the General Welfare of the United States.......it’s best interests

That may be infrastructure, education, public safety and even taking care of those who are struggling

You're right...this is simple as fuck
We know what congress does...we also know they are not empowered to do what they do with regard to spending for "GENERAL WELFARE". They have been grossly negligent...The American public in GENERAL does not benefit by paying ShaQuita to smoke weed or by paying Guadalupe to expand her litter....simple shit that you and your circle talking buddy Questioner can't wrap your heads around.

Congress has never tried to fund the people of Mexico in total transparency. They are now telling Americas best citizens that funding trespassing criminals is part of their duty under the "GENERAL WELFARE" clause...Real Americans have clearly said...FUCK THAT!
That is not what our founders intended...Again; OUR constitution was framed by our citizenry for our citizenry. The dumbest motherfuckers knows this.

If someone besides me would finally admit that tax expenditures are welfare spending, that would be awesome.

They add up to DOUBLE what is spent on traditional welfare programs, yet I never have once heard someone claiming to be a conservative on this forum express any outrage over them whatseover.

Disgusting lowlife pieces of shit always hate tax expenditures...Why? Because their negroes and wetbacks don't really benefit from them...They claim "we will all pay a lower tax rate" but what they really mean is "those wealthy bastards already paying my way will pay me even more"....Dude, stop with your not so cleverly disguised begging...Please just get your twisted shit right and get a fucking job already..DAMN!
And remember folks....the top 20% are already paying 87% of the collected tax.
0199_distribution_tax_expenditures_0.png

Disgusting lowlife pieces of shit always hate tax expenditures...Why? Because their negroes and wetbacks don't really benefit from them...They claim "we will all pay a lower tax rate" but what they really mean is "those wealthy bastards already paying my way will pay me even more"....Dude, stop with your not so cleverly disguised begging...Please just get your twisted shit right and get a fucking job already..DAMN!
See?

They scream like welfare queens. Tole ya! :lol:

See?

haha...yep...."How dare those productive bastatrds paying my way want to keep more of what they EARN"

See?

haha...yep...."How dare those productive bastatrds paying my way want to keep more of what they EARN"
Government shouldn't be picking winners and losers in the economy with targeted tax breaks and penalties. And taxes shouldn't go down until we've balanced the budget. Intelligent conservatives understand this.

Ok, so what?
You made a stupid argument. I called you on it. Just because something has been around a while doesn't mean it's a good thing.
Your analogy, not mine

See?

Government shouldn't be picking winners and losers in the economy with targeted tax breaks and penalties. And taxes shouldn't go down until we've balanced the budget. Intelligent conservatives understand this.
Conservatives don’t understand that
They always slash taxes BEFORE they try to cut spending

Ok, so what?
Your analogy, not mine
Your demagoguery, not mine.

See?

You’re right, .GOV definitely should not pick winners and losers...So you’d agree that a flat tax which allows ALL to pay their ‘fair share’ makes perfect sense?
Taxes should definitely “go down” as often as possible and when they do .GOV should cut spending to align with tax revenues.
Good, real Americans know this.

Ok, so what?
Problem with Democrats is they don't want to help "Americans, .they want to help the whole world

See?

just quit and collect unemployment compensation if it is too much of a moral effort for you.

See?

You’re right, .GOV definitely should not pick winners and losers...So you’d agree that a flat tax which allows ALL to pay their ‘fair share’ makes perfect sense?

I'd rather eliminate income tax altogether, but yeah, a flat tax would be better. Trumpsters aren't doing that though. They're not even proposing it. They're just tweaking the tax code to help their buddies and give the economy a temporary boost.

Taxes should definitely “go down” as often as possible and when they do .GOV should cut spending to align with tax revenues.
Good, real Americans know this.

Taxes should be high enough to pay for ALL the government we're getting. As long as we can just put it on the credit card, there's very little incentive for voters to demand spending cuts. Which is why we don't get spending cuts.

Forum List

Back