🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What was your childhood like?

My mom was fairly liberal. My dad was never around. My stepdad would beat the shit out of me for no reason pretty much every day.

a beautiful childhood......lots of protection (may be too much protection)..... but lots of love.....gorgeous Christmas ........ perfect birthdays friends food...presents....everything was there....always.....can not complain

very nice perfect childhood.....could not ask for more

What was my childhood like?

Why I walked to school up hill both ways in snow and we had nothing to drink except the snow.

That's how it was and we liked it!

That was back before water was invented.

I want to go back.

If I only could LOL,

turn back the clock? :04:

be happy again:113:

I want to go back.

If I only could LOL,

So you spent your whole life dreaming up ideas on how to get out of school and now you want to go back?

Sounds about right. That's just how life works.

I want to go back.

If I only could LOL,

So you spent your whole life dreaming up ideas on how to get out of school and now you want to go back?

Sounds about right. That's just how life works.

nahhh I never dreamt how to get out of school.....that was never in the books lol

I liked my beautiful house.....my friends.....my family....the good times....never have to worry about things .....just having fun...

being with my Dad...whom I adored.....and he is gone now...

want to go back

My parents were a bit liberal while not tolerating much stupid shit. lol

My childhood was idyllic and Mr. Lucy's childhood was idyllic and we are doing the best to make our kidlets childhoods the same.

My mom was fairly liberal. My dad was never around. My stepdad would beat the shit out of me for no reason pretty much every day.

"My stepdad would beat the shit out of me for no reason pretty much every day."

I am sorry you went through that Aaron, I send you positive vibes.

A hunger filled, impoverished,dysfunctional, transient existence for most of it. When it wasn't the last few years,, it was still highly dysfunctional. I would never go back. I would never want anyone to live that. I absolutely love being an adult. The freedom, still, after all of these years is such a blessing.

I miss the houses my parent rented in the beginning...when we were little...we have so many photos.....my mom was so young and beautiful.....a doll... and my dad's photos showing a handsome extremely attractive blonde blued eye young man.....

you know what?

I miss

I want to go back

I don't like these times....do not enjoy this at all

that's all

"My stepdad would beat the shit out of me for no reason pretty much every day."

I am sorry you went through that Aaron, I send you positive vibes.

Thanks. Some humor did come from the whole ordeal. I remember once when he passed out drunk with a beer and cigarette in his hand. He dropped the cigarette on his lap. I watched as it burnt through his pants, onto his underwear, before pouring the beer on his crotch to put it out.

He used to pay me a dime to go to the fridge and get him a beer. It became this ongoing joke that I would shake the can up before bringing it to him.

He wasn't a heartless man. In fact, he was a tragic man.

I was an Air Force brat moving from base to base until I was about 9. Good parents, very religious but not super strict. My Dad got a permanent assignment in Washington DC and I was able to have a somewhat normal less transient life. Lots of good times and friends.

Parents in the past were so much worthwhile....so much necessary....so strong

I need to go back'

but I can't

Forum List

Back