When neocons supported Chechen terrorists

Billo_Really

Litre of the Band
Aug 14, 2005
9 years ago, prominant neocons provided support, comfort and aid, to Chechen rebels.

There have been numerous editorials encouraging us to understand - to quote the Sunday Times - the "underlying causes" of Chechen terrorism...

On closer inspection, it turns out that this so-called "mounting criticism" is in fact being driven by a specific group in the Russian political spectrum - and by its American supporters.

...the leading group which pleads the Chechen cause is the American Committee for Peace in Chechnya (ACPC). The list of the self-styled "distinguished Americans" who are its members is a rollcall of the most prominent neoconservatives...

They include Richard Perle, the notorious Pentagon adviser; Elliott Abrams of Iran-Contra fame; Kenneth Adelman, the former US ambassador to the UN who egged on the invasion of Iraq by predicting it would be "a cakewalk"; Midge Decter, biographer of Donald Rumsfeld and a director of the rightwing Heritage Foundation; Frank Gaffney of the militarist Centre for Security Policy; Bruce Jackson, former US military intelligence officer and one-time vice-president of Lockheed Martin, now president of the US Committee on Nato; Michael Ledeen of the American Enterprise Institute, a former admirer of Italian fascism and now a leading proponent of regime change in Iran; and R James Woolsey, the former CIA director who is one of the leading cheerleaders behind George Bush's plans to re-model the Muslim world along pro-US lines.
Well, well, well, it's a small world after all!

Last edited:
Okay got it thx..

2004 though?

I'm not saying its true or false, but its a bit late and dated. I mean what's the tie in and how is it relevant? In 2004 GW bush was in office, now Obama is, is there some tie in?
No. I just like giving neocons shit!

Okay got it thx..

2004 though?

I'm not saying its true or false, but its a bit late and dated. I mean what's the tie in and how is it relevant? In 2004 GW bush was in office, now Obama is, is there some tie in?
No. I just like giving neocons shit!

Oh okay.. I don't mind a good old bush bashing from time to time. Just old hat for me these days.. Carry on..

Oh okay.. I don't mind a good old bush bashing from time to time. Just old hat for me these days.. Carry on..
Thank you and I will.

Neocons might of funded the bomb that blew up in Boston?

Forum List

Back