WHEN they outlaw guns, will you be a felon

It would be very difficult for them to "outlaw" guns. They would have to actually amend the constitution to do so.
It would be simple, really, if they make ammo unavailable. Guns without ammo are just expensive paperweights.

It would be very difficult for them to "outlaw" guns. They would have to actually amend the constitution to do so.
It would be simple, really, if they make ammo unavailable. Guns without ammo are just expensive paperweights.

I thought the right to bear arms included ammunition. In the Heller case, they ruled that the people have a right to self defense, so . . . I'm not sure if they can "ban" ammo either.

What Heller Says
The Heller case involved a challenge to the District of Columbia's ban on handguns. For the first time in nearly 70 years, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled on the meaning of the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution as it relates to gun control laws.

The Second Amendment provides that "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

For many years, scholars and anti-gun proponents have argued that the Second Amendment provides a right to own guns only in connection with service in a militia, and that this right should not extend to private individuals. That argument was roundly rejected by the Supreme Court. In an opinion authored by Justice Antonin Scalia, the Court held that the right to own a gun is not connected with service in a militia; rather, it is a personal right to own a firearm for "traditionally lawful purposes" such as self-defense within the home.

I thought the right to bear arms included ammunition. In the Heller case, they ruled that the people have a right to self defense, so . . . I'm not sure if they can "ban" ammo either.

What Heller Says
The Heller case involved a challenge to the District of Columbia's ban on handguns. For the first time in nearly 70 years, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled on the meaning of the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution as it relates to gun control laws.

The Second Amendment provides that "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

For many years, scholars and anti-gun proponents have argued that the Second Amendment provides a right to own guns only in connection with service in a militia, and that this right should not extend to private individuals. That argument was roundly rejected by the Supreme Court. In an opinion authored by Justice Antonin Scalia, the Court held that the right to own a gun is not connected with service in a militia; rather, it is a personal right to own a firearm for "traditionally lawful purposes" such as self-defense within the home.

Have you noticed in the past couple of years how ammo supplies have become scarce to nonexistent, particularly in certain calibers. This has been an intentional plan of Obummer to divert the attention of his statement about taking gun rights away being too controversial, so his fallback stance was to make ammo unavailable. Gets around second amendment rights quite handily, don't you think?

What Heller Says

Have you noticed in the past couple of years how ammo supplies have become scarce to nonexistent, particularly in certain calibers. This has been an intentional plan of Obummer to divert the attention of his statement about taking gun rights away being too controversial, so his fallback stance was to make ammo unavailable. Gets around second amendment rights quite handily, don't you think?

Well, I'm not a gun owner, so I can't say that I've noticed.

Forum List

Back