"When was the last time you took a Wall Street bank to trial?"

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
That's all SENATOR Elizabeth Warren had to ask to get the point across. And now I hear that the Wall Street Banksters are angry.

Warren to regulators: When was the last time you took a Wall Street bank to trial?

Why? Because FINALLY someone putting your foot to the fire? FINALLY someone is out to get LEGITITAMATE accountability?

She wasn't angry, she wasn't screaming, she didn't have a scowl on her face, she didn't have any of that, as you see from just about every other questioning from Senate (e.g. Benghazi, Obama's appointments, etc.), she just cooly, calmly, but firmly kept repeating the question...."Tell me about the last time you took A Big Wall Street Bank to trial." And the place is up in arms.

Elizabeth Warren presses financial regulators: Why no trials for Wall Street?

What does that tell you?

Well it tells me that A. Elizabeth Warren is doing her damn job, which is what I expected. B. There's been no accountability up to now. C. The Wall Street Banks do NOT want to be accountable for their actions and D. The American People are finally getting some much-needed light and insight on the WSB shenanigans and practices.

This is a BIG WIN for The American People, just like I expected it will.

Heads will roll, as they should.

What say you?

Last edited:
When's the last time a US Senator was brought to trial?
Good question...what offenses do you have to present?

See...I don't give a damn WHO does the wrong-doing, as long as they are brought to justice.

At least with the Senators, they can be voted out, and often are.

Now what's your thoughts on the transgressions of The Big Wall Street Banks?

Hmmmmmm!?!??

See...I don't give a damn WHO does the wrong-doing, as long as they are brought to justice.

Hmmmmmm!?!??

Well when they fuck up like Bear Stearns and Lehmann they go broke; how did F&F do?

Last edited:

Hmmmmmm!?!??

Well when they fuck up like Bear Stearns and Lehmann they go broke; how did F&F do?
We're not talking about simply "effing up" here, we're talking about wrong doing.

What, in your opinion, did F&F do wrong/egregious?

Also, do you believe that ANY Wall Street Bank ever did anything wrong or egregious?

When will we prosecute the Ringleaders: Fannie & Freddie?

Yea, the ones who went right back to their old policies that helped caused the bubble to begin with. And they are still leeching off the tax payers in a big way.

I think the federal reserve banks have done far more damage over the years, yet no one in Washington ever addresses that. We need to eliminate the federal reserve and government needs to take back the responsibility that they are legally bound to do.

Hmmmmmm!?!??

I would ask you the same thing about wall street. What offenses do you have to present? For all of the screaming and accusations, I haven't heard of any actually charges that can be levied against wall street. I would love it if there easily identified charges, but I doubt it's that easy.

Hmmmmmm!?!??

I would ask you the same thing about wall street. What offenses do you have to present? For all of the screaming and accusations, I haven't heard of any actually charges that can be levied against wall street. I would love it if there easily identified charges, but I doubt it's that easy.
Let's start with selling the public financial items that they knew were not sound.

Let's start with that investigation.

Shall we?

Your turn...

Hmmmmmm!?!??

We're not talking about simply "effing up" here, we're talking about wrong doing.

Also, do you believe that ANY Wall Street Bank ever did anything wrong or egregious?

Oh, you mean the wrong doing from Wall Street, in that how they favor Democrat candidates, because they know Democrats will run up new debt, create new "feel good" programs, manufacture crisis that need solutions, all in order to increase the debt....the debt which banks who are run by people who are registered Democrats...who buy the new government debt, profit by underwriting it and selling it to investors!!!! Please don't even try and portray the fake Native American as someone who is fighting the good fight, all she is doing is manufacturing faux outrage to make herself look good, meanwhile, she will be part of raising the debt for all her Wall Street contributors to profit off of.

Last edited:
That's all SENATOR Elizabeth Warren had to ask to get the point across. And now I hear that the Wall Street Banksters are angry.

Warren to regulators: When was the last time you took a Wall Street bank to trial?

Why? Because FINALLY someone putting your foot to the fire? FINALLY someone is out to get LEGITITAMATE accountability?

She wasn't angry, she wasn't screaming, she didn't have a scowl on her face, she didn't have any of that, as you see from just about every other questioning from Senate (e.g. Benghazi, Obama's appointments, etc.), she just cooly, calmly, but firmly kept repeating the question...."Tell me about the last time you took A Big Wall Street Bank to trial." And the place is up in arms.

Elizabeth Warren presses financial regulators: Why no trials for Wall Street?

What does that tell you?

Well it tells me that A. Elizabeth Warren is doing her damn job, which is what I expected. B. There's been no accountability up to now. C. The Wall Street Banks do NOT want to be accountable for their actions and D. The American People are finally getting some much-needed light and insight on the WSB shenanigans and practices.

This is a BIG WIN for The American People, just like I expected it will.

Heads will roll, as they should.

What say you?

I agree with her, I hope she stays safe those wallstreeters don't mess around they are like the mafia.

Hmmmmmm!?!??

I don't think you can put a firm in jail. If someone commits a crime, they should pay for it. What you fail to understand is that there is no difference between corporations and government anymore.

I certainly hope you're not dumb enough to believe there was no government malfeasance in the mortgage bust. Bank managers made bad decisions and deserved to fail. The market takes care of that.

The elected officials who decided to cover corporate incompetence with our money should go to jail. They weren't even voted out of office. They happily sit and rail about Wall Street while using campaign contributions from same to get elected.

You see, the government can't control the market. Elected officals do try, though. All they really do is interfere and stifle competition via regulation. Big corporations pay them to do that.

Hell, they even pay elected officials to give them our money to cover their stupid decisions.

The fundamental flaw in liberal thinking is that government should be a force for good. Government is inherently evil. The bigger it becomes, the more corrupt it gets. It can't be avoided.

Hmmmmmm!?!??

I don't think you can put a firm in jail. If someone commits a crime, they should pay for it. What you fail to understand is that there is no difference between corporations and government anymore.

I certainly hope you're not dumb enough to believe there was no government malfeasance in the mortgage bust. Bank managers made bad decisions and deserved to fail. The market takes care of that.

The elected officials who decided to cover corporate incompetence with our money should go to jail. They weren't even voted out of office. They happily sit and rail about Wall Street while using campaign contributions from same to get elected.

You see, the government can't control the market. Elected officals do try, though. All they really do is interfere and stifle competition via regulation. Big corporations pay them to do that.

Hell, they even pay elected officials to give them our money to cover their stupid decisions.

The fundamental flaw in liberal thinking is that government should be a force for good. Government is inherently evil. The bigger it becomes, the more corrupt it gets. It can't be avoided.
Are you happy w/too-big-to-fail? How about too-big-to-take-to-trial? Do you want that?

Oh, you mean the wrong doing from Wall Street, in that how they favor Democrat candidates, because they know Democrats will run up new debt, create new "feel good" programs, manufacture crisis that need solutions, all in order to increase the debt....the debt which banks who are run by people who are registered Democrats...who buy the new government debt, profit by underwriting it and selling it to investors!!!! Please don't even try and portray the fake Native American as someone who is fighting the good fight, all she is doing is manufacturing faux outrage to make herself look good, meanwhile, she will be part of raising the debt for all her Wall Street contributors to profit off of.
So is it safe to say that you believe Wall Street Banks are infallible. Yes?

Are you saying big corporations pay government for "more" regulation? It's actually the opposite. And it was de-regulation that caused the economic meltdown of 2008. More specifically, the repeal of Glass-Steegal was the culprit.

What we need to do, is make derrivitives illegal again. As well as splitting investment banks and savings banks. Because when they opperate under the same roof, then you have the mortgage fraud that caused the big financial institutions lying to their investors about viability of the credit default swaps they were trying to sell them. Telling investors they were good investments, while knowing how toxic they really were.

None of these bankers have been brought to trial. That's because they have a lot of lobbiests arguing their cases to government and they have people in government that came from their firms, preventing any serious investigations into financial crime.

Hmmmmmm!?!??

Let's start with selling the public financial items that they knew were not sound.

Let's start with that investigation.

Shall we?

Your turn...

Of course we should start with investigating. But will we? After Warrens show, will anything happen? I'm sorry, but I have zero faith in Washington to do a damn thing about wall street.

And back to my other point, what can we charge them with? I actually am curious.

Of course we should start with investigating. But will we? After Warrens show, will anything happen? I'm sorry, but I have zero faith in Washington to do a damn thing about wall street.

And back to my other point, what can we charge them with? I actually am curious.
Investment fraud.

Forum List

Back