🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

When Will Actors Learn To Not Offend Their Customers....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I wonder when studios,will tell actors to keep their stupid points,of view to themselves....when they are promoting movies on interview shows and other media interviews....Liam Neeson just said dumb things,about gun control as did Sylvester Stallone...and I know I and several people I know didn't pay to see their new movies....now....Ben Affleck....saying essentially that the fear of radical Muslim terrorism is racist....

for a more accurate understanding of what he said look at the article on his appearance on Bill Mahers show....

Maher Sam Harris Battle Affleck Kristof on Radical Islam

He added “the crucial point of confusion is that we have been sold this meme of Islamophobia where every criticism of the doctrine of Islam gets conflated with bigotry toward Muslims as people, that’s intellectually ridiculous.”

Affleck then jumped in and accused Harris of denying the existence of Islamophobia and accused Maher and Harris of being racist, arguing that their comments on Islam were the equivalent of calling someone a “shifty Jew.”

After Affleck accused Maher and Harris of taking a similar mentality to those who stereotype people based on race, Maher responded “I can show you a Pew polls of Egyptians, they are not outliers in the Muslim world, that [says] 90% of them believe death is the appropriate response to leaving the religion. If 90% of Brazilians thought that death was the appropriate response to leaving Catholicism, you would think it was a bigger deal.”

you can agree or disagree with afflict....who is an idiot....but if you made a movie and wanted butts in the seats opening weekend...would you want him calling people concerned about Muslim terrorists racists....?

Last edited:
Which is why I said look at the article...and he has a point...but so do maher and the other guy...and if you spent millions making a movie...do you want to trust that people will take the time to understand the nuanced argument he might be trying to make...on the day your movie is released...?

Are you suggesting that he might be a victim of the PC police?

Ben Affleck is a smart guy and I don't think he is worried about yahoos who can't process info boycotting his film.

I wonder when studios,will tell actors to keep their stupid points,of view to themselves....when they are promoting movies on interview shows and other media interviews....Liam Neeson just said dumb things,about gun control as did Sylvester Stallone...and I know I and several people I know didn't pay to see their new movies....now....Ben Affleck....saying essentially that the fear of radical Muslim terrorism is racist....

for a more accurate understanding of what he said look at the article on his appearance on Bill Mahers show....

Maher Sam Harris Battle Affleck Kristof on Radical Islam

He added “the crucial point of confusion is that we have been sold this meme of Islamophobia where every criticism of the doctrine of Islam gets conflated with bigotry toward Muslims as people, that’s intellectually ridiculous.”

Affleck then jumped in and accused Harris of denying the existence of Islamophobia and accused Maher and Harris of being racist, arguing that their comments on Islam were the equivalent of calling someone a “shifty Jew.”

After Affleck accused Maher and Harris of taking a similar mentality to those who stereotype people based on race, Maher responded “I can show you a Pew polls of Egyptians, they are not outliers in the Muslim world, that [says] 90% of them believe death is the appropriate response to leaving the religion. If 90% of Brazilians thought that death was the appropriate response to leaving Catholicism, you would think it was a bigger deal.”

you can agree or disagree with afflict....who is an idiot....but if you made a movie and wanted butts in the seats opening weekend...would you want him calling people concerned about Muslim terrorists racists....?

Some folks don't think about money and sales in everything they do. I like folks who speak their mind even if it hurts them financially.

I'm concerned about Muslim terrorists, but don't hate every Muslim because most aren't "terrorists," nor think our bombs do much good. I think that is what Affleck was saying.

Truthfully, I'm more concerned about right wing, gun loving racists right here.

Whatever, don't think much of Affleck's movies.

I just had a chance to watch the clip from the show...affleck is an idiot and a jerk and does think if you criticize islam you are a racist...you can see it in his body language and tone...

I'm concerned about Muslim terrorists, but don't hate every Muslim,

As do almost all people...you aren't special in that view....

Which is a symptom of liberal dyslexia...it goes like this...

Right wing gun nuts are safer than the general population...as shown in research, and commit less crimes than sworn police officers...so I am really scared of them....

islamic terrorists are shooting people at fort hood, blowing up people at marathons, cutting off peoples heads...and causing trouble in all the countries they live in...I'm not afraid of them..especially when they say they are going to come here and kill our people...that just makes me fear them less...

Are you suggesting that he might be a victim of the PC police?

No, I think he is a typical liberal whose ability to see racism is confused....some wires in his brain are crossed so he sees racism where there isn't any or much....and ends up defending monsters because they come from a group of people in the third world...

Considering too, if you listen to these radical terrorists...the things they really hate about the west...hollywood and what they make are at the top of the list...so affleck would be kneeling in the sand with the nut with the knife in a heart beat...as his wife and children were parceled out to other jihadi...

I personally don't care what an actor says or does in their personal life. If I like their movies I'll watch them.

Yeah, affleck is saying if you criticize islamic terrorists you are a racist...because you must think all muslims are bad...typical liberal....what a moron...watch the video...

Some folks don't think about money and sales in everything they do

Nor do I or most people either...you aren't special in thinking that either...however...

Are you saying your employee, who you are paying to do a job, has the right to harangue your customers...?

Considering too, if you listen to these radical terrorists...the things they really hate about the west...hollywood and what they make are at the top of the list...so affleck would be kneeling in the sand with the nut with the knife in a heart beat...as his wife and children were parceled out to other jihadi...

No. That is NOT WHAT THEY SAY THEY HATE. That is what you have been told that they say they hate. You have ben duped.

Are you a billionaire, philanthropist, and superhero? Do you drive a Batmobile? Have you ever fought Superman? Your opinion means nothing.

movies!...celebrities!...television!....passive, empty entertainment for passive, empty minds... :laugh2:

I just had a chance to watch the clip from the show...affleck is an idiot and a jerk and does think if you criticize islam you are a racist...you can see it in his body language and tone...

I'm concerned about Muslim terrorists, but don't hate every Muslim,

As do almost all people...you aren't special in that view....

Which is a symptom of liberal dyslexia...it goes like this...

Right wing gun nuts are safer than the general population...as shown in research, and commit less crimes than sworn police officers...so I am really scared of them....

islamic terrorists are shooting people at fort hood, blowing up people at marathons, cutting off peoples heads...and causing trouble in all the countries they live in...I'm not afraid of them..especially when they say they are going to come here and kill our people...that just makes me fear them less...

Would love to see a link to studies that show right wing gun nuts are safer than general population. Vile racist/bigots are a blight on this country. Show us a link.

Some folks don't think about money and sales in everything they do

Nor do I or most people either...you aren't special in thinking that either...however...

Are you saying your employee, who you are paying to do a job, has the right to harangue your customers...?

If the employers were concerned, they wouldn't hire him. Besides, he might have been an investor in the film, but I don't know.

Would love to see a link to studies that show right wing gun nuts are safer than general population. Vile racist/bigots are a blight on this country. Show us a link.

Texas study Concealed carry permit holders commit less than 1 of the crimes.

A recent study in Texas backs up this conclusion: Concealed carry permit holders do not use guns to commit crimes and they commit crimes of any nature much less frequently than the general population of Texas.

The Texas Department of Public Safety published a list of crimes committed in Texas in 2011 by everyone convicted and by those convicted who also held CCL's. The bottom line: Concealed carry permit holders commit less than 1% of the crimes. If you want to be exact, they committed two tenths of one percent of the crimes in 2011. And not all of those involved firearms or violence.

The data show that 63,679 people were convicted of a long list of crimes. Of those 63 thousand, only 120 were CCL holders.

Ironically, if you drill down into the data it shows that the most frequently committed crime by CCL holders were domestic violence related crimes. And in North Carolina those people are not eligible to possess a gun, much less carry one concealed in public.
Vile racist/bigots are a blight on this country.

Which is why I don't vote for democrats...the party of slavery and racism

another state...more stats on crime and concealed carry permit holders...

NY Times Proves Concealed Carry License Holders More Law-Abiding Than the Population. Unintentionally. - The Truth About Guns

In the year 2009 the FBI reported that murder and manslaughter (illegal acts where a person died) was committed at a rate of approximately 5.3 deaths for every 100,000 people in the state of North Carolina. This works out to about 497 deaths per year (using the population for 2009). Statistically the population of concealed carry permit holders should fall in line with this criminal death rate, and so we should expect no less than 12 criminal deaths in the year 2009 alone. However, the New York Times was only able to dredge up 10 such deaths (murders and manslaughter combined), and that was only accomplished by combining the last five years together. While we would expect 2% of the population to be responsible for 60 deaths over 5 years, in reality they are only responsible for 10.

Law abiding citizens who carry guns commit less crime than do sworn police officers...there are stats on that too...and there are stats on all of these questions and they do not favor the anti gun position...

Forum List

Back