When you’re only 8 feet above sea level, global warming isn’t just an idea

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
Donald Trump should put in a bid for the Maladives? It's probably a good time to buy. I'd love to vacation there more if it wasn't Muslim.

Maldives-SeaLevel_01

Going, going, gone?

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/nation-wo ... 08187.html

Let's check out what mr.science jb sez...

Archimedes Principle
mass of water displaced = mass of ice = m
vol of ice submerged under water = vol of water displaced = m/ρ

After Melting
mass of melted ice = m
vol of melted ice = m/ρ

Hence, volume of ice submerged under water before melting is exactly equal to volume of water formed after melting. Therefore, since volume remains constant, the water level within the cup also remains constant.

Al Gore pwn3d.

LOL, a bit simplistic as Archimedes Principle will protect us so much but there are ways to protect land from sea levels rising. The question is at what cost?

dear god I'm about to defend global warming

this ice in the cup, or ice in the ocean, does not factor ice that on land that would melt into the ocean, so this response to warming is non-sense

I want you to know, that I died a little inside doing that

this ice in the cup, or ice in the ocean, does not factor ice that on land that would melt into the ocean, so this response to warming is non-sense

Ah, but honesty is it's own reward. Something like that.

Ah, but honesty is it's own reward. Something like that.
Way to kick a guy in his newly dead spot

Why? We deal in FACTS; not fudged figures. Just a moot point; as the atmosphere warms it can hold more water...hence more evaporation. But the warmers' numbers are WAY OUT!! I believe it is called "fraud" in the real world.

Greg

Why? We deal in FACTS; not fudged figures. Just a moot point; as the atmosphere warms it can hold more water...hence more evaporation. But the warmers' numbers are WAY OUT!! I believe it is called "fraud" in the real world.

Greg
what you said has nothing to do with the op or with what I said

Greg

Did too. It is a fake analogy. You called it out: being factual is what we do. Where you are wrong is that "you died inside" as you weren't defending AGW; just good physics. No need to feel bad about it at all.

Greg

Greg

I don't know if you've seen this. Worth a read.

oopsie

http://icecap.us/images/uploads/Global_Warming_and_the_Irrelevance_of_Science-Erice-mod1.pdf

Greg

Why? We deal in FACTS; not fudged figures.

As you posted Christy's entirely fudged graph, evidence indicates you deal entirely in fudged figures.

However, that's expected. The only way to be a global warming denier is to ignore the real data, and instead deal only in fraud, fudging and faking.

Just a moot point; as the atmosphere warms it can hold more water...hence more evaporation. But the warmers' numbers are WAY OUT!! I believe it is called "fraud" in the real world.

Being that every aspect of global warming science accounts for the increased water vapor, that would be another example of how you're pushing a fraud.

Now, I realize you probably don't believe you're pushing a fraud, but the matter that you truly believe what your cult has taught you doesn't make it any less incorrect.

Why? We deal in FACTS; not fudged figures.

As you posted Christy's entirely fudged graph, evidence indicates you deal entirely in fudged figures.

However, that's expected. The only way to be a global warming denier is to ignore the real data, and instead deal only in fraud, fudging and faking.

Just a moot point; as the atmosphere warms it can hold more water...hence more evaporation. But the warmers' numbers are WAY OUT!! I believe it is called "fraud" in the real world.

Being that every aspect of global warming science accounts for the increased water vapor, that would be another example of how you're pushing a fraud.

Now, I realize you probably don't believe you're pushing a fraud, but the matter that you truly believe what your cult has taught you doesn't make it any less incorrect.
Projecting again, Moot?

When you’re only 8 feet above sea level, global warming isn’t just an idea

Guess dat Johnny Cash song...

... How high's the water mama?...

... Five feet high and risin'...

... ain't too popular `round yer parts...

... is it?

Carbon dioxide is a natural part of the atmosphere and trees, plants, and grass eat to make it into oxygen.

If there is more carbon dioxide then plant life will thrive and whole areas will be opened up for farming that is sterile today.

Humans are very adaptable. If coastal cities are flooded, humans will move further inland.

All the doomsday predictions will not come true. Al Gore has already been proven wrong when he said 10 years ago that the Earth only had 10 years left before disaster.

Google

Maldives....one of biggest hypocrite nations in the world survives only thru massive expenditure of fossil fuels to get tourists to their destination...... and then wants reparations for climate change

It's very expensive to keep lands above water that should be under water.

The entire city of New Orleans was stupidly built on top of a swamp, and they paid a heavy price for that during Katrina.

Google

Holland was built on land reclaimed when they built dams to hold back the ocean.

Google

Humans are clever and inventive, but Mother Nature (or God) will always win eventually.

Carbon dioxide is a natural part of the atmosphere and trees, plants, and grass eat to make it into oxygen.

If there is more carbon dioxide then plant life will thrive and whole areas will be opened up for farming that is sterile today.

Humans are very adaptable. If coastal cities are flooded, humans will move further inland.

All the doomsday predictions will not come true. Al Gore has already been proven wrong when he said 10 years ago that the Earth only had 10 years left before disaster.

Google
move?

Forum List

Back