Where is America's main military located?

The world eats up US Culture

That is how we are taking over the world…..not the military
Yeah 800 US bases in foreign nations, a navy that controls all the oceans, and a military budget exceeding all other nations combined means nothing while millions of Americans suffer in poverty, homelessness, and debt serfdom.

WTF!

Yeah 800 US bases in foreign nations, a navy that controls all the oceans, and a military budget exceeding all other nations combined means nothing while millions of Americans suffer in poverty, homelessness, and debt serfdom.

WTF!

How many nations are that military invading?

Our culture is invading every nation on earth

How many nations are that military invading?

Our culture is invading every nation on earth
Lol. Where the fuck have you been these last 30 years? Are you completely clueless?

Your boy Ears dropped more bombs than your boy Dumb W.
3DE23808-6FCC-4F21-BA52-46ABB904ECB7.jpeg

Last edited:
Someone should tell DynCorp, Haliburton, Lockheed, and McDonnell Douglas...and the other few thousand government contractors.
McDonald Douglas doesn't even exist anymore.

Haliburton is primarily a construction company.

Of those only Lockheed Martin makes more than 50% of its revenue from defense contracts.

You are the one making the claims. You tell us.

And note, just because a company makes a profit from selling military hardware to the government in no way means we have a "military industrial complex".
You are the one saying there is no military industrial complex.

There is a list of 100 companies supporting military operations worldwide.

Or, an industrial complex supporting the offensive and defensive capabilities of the nation's armed forces.

So...please explain to me how there is no military industrial complex?

You are the one saying there is no military industrial complex.

There is a list of 100 companies supporting military operations worldwide.

Or, an industrial complex supporting the offensive and defensive capabilities of the nation's armed forces.

So...please explain to me how there is no military industrial complex?

"military industrial complex" refers to major military contractors that exert excessive influence on U.S. foreign policy in order to maximize their profits.

..and those have not existed since the 1950's?
I worked for Norris Industries in the 1970's making 81mm and 60mm mortar casings for sale to the Israelis as well as supply for the US military. I would say that fits the definition of "military-industrial complex" that Dayton said disappeared in the '50s.

I worked for Norris Industries in the 1970's making 81mm and 60mm mortar casings for sale to the Israelis as well as supply for the US military. I would say that fits the definition of "military-industrial complex" that Dayton said disappeared in the '50s.
I'm not tryin to bust the guy's chops.

I wanna hear his logic on an industry that went away in the 1950's

..and those have not existed since the 1950's?

Have you ever wandered why McDonald Douglas, Rockwell, and General Dynamics (aviation sector) were snapped up by Boeing? Or Grumann by Northrop?

It wasn't because they were able to stay profitable and viable on defense contracts.

The problem with you people is that all you see is the overall defense budget and simply assume major defend manufacturers must be influencing government policy to enrich themselves.

Ignoring the fact that the largest portion of our defense budget is not for hardware. It is for personnel costs and operations (fuel, spare parts, ammunition).

I'm not tryin to bust the guy's chops.

I wanna hear his logic on an industry that went away in the 1950's

I never said it "went away". But the idea that defense contractors exert excessive amounts of influence on our foreign policy in order to make higher profits hasn't been true for 50 years at least

a military industry is not what Eisenhower was referring to by "military-industrial" complex.

Ignoring the fact that the largest portion of our defense budget is not for hardware. It is for personnel costs and operations (fuel, spare parts, ammunition).
Most of which have transitioned (some exclusively) to civilian support.

Which further extends, and enhances the idea that civilian corporations are not only consolidating control in the government sector.

Additionally, when large mergers like the ones you mention happen, they must often be approved by the government.

When was the last time you saw the government disprove of such a merger?

1655256273156.png

Now...given your definition do you actually think there is no sway on D.C. from the Military Industrial Complex (MIC)?
What did all that money go for? Lunch?
All of those clients? Lobbyists?

Forum List

Back