White deputy charged with murdering Black woman who called 911 told partner not to render aid, prosecutors say

Jul 26, 2010
An Illinois sheriff’s deputy charged with killing a Black woman after he shot her in the face during a tense moment over a pot of water at her home had stopped his partner from helping her, according to court documents filed on Thursday.

Sonya Massey, 36, was shot dead in her Springfield home after deputies responded to her 911 call about a possible prowler in the early morning hours of July 6.

Sangamon County Deputy Sean Grayson, 30, who is white, was indicted Thursday on charges of first-degree murder, aggravated battery with a firearm and official misconduct in Massey’s death. He pleaded not guilty in his first court appearance on Thursday.

Prosecutors alleged that when Grayson and his partner responded to Massey’s home, Grayson allowed her to move a pot of water heating on the stove, but as she set it on a counter, Grayson then “aggressively yelled” at Massey over the pot and pulled his 9mm pistol.

Massey then asked what the deputies were doing, to which Grayson responded, “Getting away from your hot, steaming water.”

“I rebuke you in the name of Jesus,” Massey said twice, according to the documents.

Grayson responded, “I swear to God. I will shoot you right in your f------ face.”

When Grayson drew his service weapon and ordered her to drop the pot, she let go, then crouched below a line of cabinets, and declared “I’m sorry” before being shot in the face, prosecutors said.

What is this other than first degree murder?

As much as we hear this doesn't happen that often, we keep seeing it more and more.

An Illinois sheriff’s deputy charged with killing a Black woman after he shot her in the face during a tense moment over a pot of water at her home had stopped his partner from helping her, according to court documents filed on Thursday.

Sonya Massey, 36, was shot dead in her Springfield home after deputies responded to her 911 call about a possible prowler in the early morning hours of July 6.

Sangamon County Deputy Sean Grayson, 30, who is white, was indicted Thursday on charges of first-degree murder, aggravated battery with a firearm and official misconduct in Massey’s death. He pleaded not guilty in his first court appearance on Thursday.

Prosecutors alleged that when Grayson and his partner responded to Massey’s home, Grayson allowed her to move a pot of water heating on the stove, but as she set it on a counter, Grayson then “aggressively yelled” at Massey over the pot and pulled his 9mm pistol.

Massey then asked what the deputies were doing, to which Grayson responded, “Getting away from your hot, steaming water.”

“I rebuke you in the name of Jesus,” Massey said twice, according to the documents.

Grayson responded, “I swear to God. I will shoot you right in your f------ face.”

When Grayson drew his service weapon and ordered her to drop the pot, she let go, then crouched below a line of cabinets, and declared “I’m sorry” before being shot in the face, prosecutors said.

As much as we hear this doesn't happen that often, we keep seeing it more and more.
It's time a cop got executed for committing murder.

It's time a cop got executed for committing murder.
Nah, its time you racist fucks shut the fuck up, this story is total bull shit, and the facts not known beyond its a Soros prosecutor..... You need to worry about all of the blacks murdering each other, and driving 80% + of all violent crime in America whilst accounting for just 10% of the population!

Yes, there is somebody out to kill you, its your black neighbors....... :auiqs.jpg:

Nah, its time you racist fucks shut the fuck up, this story is total bull shit, and the facts not known beyond its a Soros prosecutor..... You need to worry about all of the blacks murdering each other, and driving 80% + of all violent crime in America whilst accounting for just 10% of the population!

Yes, there is somebody out to kill you, its your black neighbors....... :auiqs.jpg:
Come on Dumb Ninja, why wouldn't we be concerned about a white cop murdering a black woman in cold blood. See this is why they get away with it, because racist like dumb-ninja thinks it's normal for white cops to be able to murder black folks with no questions asked.

Last edited:
  • Fact
Reactions: IM2
IF it happened exactly as is reported here then I agree, he murdered her.

The problem with events like these is they never give the other side of the story. The whole thing sounds bizarre, and when these stories seem to make no sense, that's usually because some element that might explain the behavior, is intentionally being concealed.

How about you shut the fuck up and worry about this:

1721427840050.png

And since blacks are more than 10 percent of the population and whites commit at least 60 percent of the violent crime annually, you are more than likely to be killed by another white person, therefore cops should not be killing us.

So murdering cops need to be executed.

I knew this happened in a place run by people like you before I even looked at the article.

When will you start demanding better?

The problem with events like these is they never give the other side of the story. The whole thing sounds bizarre, and when these stories seem to make no sense, that's usually because some element that might explain the behavior, is intentionally being concealed.
The other side has been given. But racists such as yourself always want to find something to excuse the police.

From the Department of Justice: “84% of police officers have stated in a recent survey that they have directly witnessed a fellow officer using more force than was necessary.” “52% of police officers report that it is not unusual for law enforcement officials to turn a blind eye to the improper conduct of other officers.” “61% of police officers state they do not always report serious abuse that has been directly observed by fellow officers.” 43% of police offers agree with this sentiment: “Always following the rules is not compatible with the need to get their job done.”

The quote below is written by members of the National Conference of Black Lawyers, the International Association of Democratic Lawyers, and the National Lawyers Guild as part of the Report of the International Commission of Inquiry on Systemic Racist Police Violence against People of African Descent in the U.S., on page sixteen:

“The Commissioners find a prima facie case of Crimes against Humanity warranting an investigation by the International Criminal Court (ICC). The crimes under the Rome Statute include: Murder, Severe Deprivation of Physical Liberty, Torture, Persecution of people of African descent, and other Inhumane Acts, which occurred in the context of a widespread or systematic attack directed against the civilian population of Black people in the U.S.”

Police have committed human rights violations on blacks in this country. This is a serious matter, so whites who want to talk crazy just need to shut the hell up.

if true he should be prosecuted for murder .

Well post the real story, sounds like you are trying to make an excuse for him.

I won't read the BS MEDIA story or watch the news since NOV03,2020. IM2 would be wise to wait for real truth of what happened. Sounds like some Cop got hot water tossed at his face?

sincerely,
Heywouldjablowme,

NorSure

Forum List

Back