White House Checking IDs of High School Students

I guess you glossed right over lines 20-26.

20 FOR ANY LAWFUL CONTACT MADE BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR AGENCY
21 OF THIS STATE OR A COUNTY, CITY, TOWN OR OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS
22 STATE WHERE REASONABLE SUSPICION EXISTS THAT THE PERSON IS AN ALIEN WHO IS
23 UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES, A REASONABLE ATTEMPT SHALL BE MADE,
24 WHEN PRACTICABLE, TO DETERMINE THE IMMIGRATION STATUS OF THE PERSON.
THE
25 PERSON'S IMMIGRATION STATUS SHALL BE VERIFIED WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
26 PURSUANT TO 8 UNITED STATES CODE SECTION 1373(c).
*ouch*

Assassination of William McKinley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On the morning of the 6th, McKinley visited Niagara Falls and returned to the Exposition for a scheduled public reception that afternoon. His secretary, George B. Cortelyou, disliked such public receptions, believing them to be security risks.[4] Cortelyou suggested that McKinley should skip the reception, but McKinley replied, "Why should I? No one would wish to hurt me."[5] McKinley, accompanied by Cortelyou and Exposition president John Milburn, arrived at the Exposition at 3:30 p.m. and proceeded to the Temple of Music building where the reception was to take place.[5]

McKinley, flanked by Cortelyou and Milburn, stood and shook hands with the people filing by in a long line. Waiting in that line was Leon Czolgosz.

At this moment, 4:07 p.m.[14] Czolgosz advanced to face the President. McKinley reached out to take Czolgosz's "bandaged" hand, but before he could shake it Czolgosz pulled the trigger twice.[15] James Parker punched Czolgosz in the face and tackled him,[16] [17] knocking the gun from Czolgosz's hand.[18] Agent George Foster jumped onto Czolgosz and shouted to fellow agent Albert Gallagher "Al, get the gun! Get the gun! Al, get the gun!"[19] Gallagher instead got Czolgosz's handkerchief, which was on fire. Private Francis O'Brien, of McKinley's Army detail, picked up the gun.[20]

Yep. The security of the president is of paramount importance. And as we've seen historically, persons within arm's reach of the president can present a clear and present danger.

So... WHY then, is the security of the country as a whole of less importance to this administration than the security of the president? About 25 American citizens DIE every day at the hands of illegal aliens through incidents of drunk-driving and murder. But those citizens mean exactly ZIP to this administration. That's more than die in Afghanistan and Iraq.

A rancher shot dead on his own property, a teenaged girl slaughtered by a drunk driver, are no less DEAD than William McKinley was at the hands of an anarchist assassin. For Barack Obama, it's a matter of "protection for me, but not for thee". :rolleyes:

The point is not whether we should provide security for a president, but that ALL CITIZENS likewise deserve protection. We have a right to be secure in our persons and our property. That's the purpose of government. And if they can't be bothered with it... then what the fuck are we paying them for?

THE
Are you intentionally being obtuse? the phrase "lawful contact," defines what must be going on before police even think about checking immigration status. That means the officer would already be engaged in some detention of an individual because he's violated some other law. They cannot just randomly demand ID from people.

Here's a clue-by-four for ya Murf: You or I get popped off, it won't amount to a hill of beans.

The President, no matter who it is, gets popped, it matters. Big ole Frijolio beanios.

Surprise!

THE
Are you intentionally being obtuse? the phrase "lawful contact," defines what must be going on before police even think about checking immigration status. That means the officer would already be engaged in some detention of an individual because he's violated some other law. They cannot just randomly demand ID from people.

That's just simply not true. Lawful contact means contact an officer has with a person.

School kids are a problem? Hell, shortly after 9/11, in 2002, before they closed the WH to tours, we had to submit SS #'s, birthdates, etc. One teacher couldn't pass and was not allowed into the WH. No explanation given.

All other kids, staff, chaperones were cleared.

Here's a clue-by-four for ya Murf: You or I get popped off, it won't amount to a hill of beans.

The President, no matter who it is, gets popped, it matters. Big ole Frijolio beanios.

Surprise!

Like I said, the big, fat hypocrite has one standard for himself and another for the rest of us. We're peasants, right? Disposable?
:eusa_sick::eusa_sick::eusa_sick:

He's undeserving of his office.

That's just simply not true. Lawful contact means contact an officer has with a person.

Because some people are absolutely morons, the Governor of Arizona changed the wording of the law. Now it says:
Another change replaces the phrase "lawful contact" with "lawful stop, detention or arrest" to apparently clarify that officers don't need to question a victim or witness about their legal status.
Governor signs several changes to Arizona immigration law - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com

CASE CLOSED!!!

Surprise!

Like I said, the big, fat hypocrite has one standard for himself and another for the rest of us. We're peasants, right? Disposable?
:eusa_sick::eusa_sick::eusa_sick:

He's undeserving of his office.
Now that isn't a nice thing to say about the Bush's and Mr. Reagan, and every president since Cleveland now is it?

You know, for people who want English as the national language, you sure do suck at understanding it. People who disagreed with you aren't morons. They're people who know that the phrase "lawful contact", when not defined in the statute or anywhere else in the legal code of the state, is a license for police to do whatever the hell they want.

So let me get this straight:

It's okay for the White House to require that High School Students provide ID information (Social Security #s and citizen status) to the Secret Service on the pretext that this is necessary to protect the President,

Seniors are being asked to provide their birthdates, Social Security numbers and citizen status to the Secret Service so background checks could be performed. Such a check is required for anyone who gets within an arm’s length of the president, students were told at their senior breakfast Friday.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

WHAT?!?!?!?!

Now why didnt Bush demand the same before he allowed obama into his presence, let alone shake his hand!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

(sorry I couldn't help myself!)

Speaking of the moron in chief from the last admin...

I don't recall him going through a crowd of non military personell like Obama does every time he shows up somewhere.

Just me? I can't recall him getting personal sans a planted audience ever.

So let me get this straight:

It's okay for the White House to require that High School Students provide ID information (Social Security #s and citizen status) to the Secret Service on the pretext that this is necessary to protect the President,

Seniors are being asked to provide their birthdates, Social Security numbers and citizen status to the Secret Service so background checks could be performed. Such a check is required for anyone who gets within an arm’s length of the president, students were told at their senior breakfast Friday.

WHAT?!?!?!?!

Now why didnt Bush demand the same before he allowed obama into his presence, let alone shake his hand!

I don't recall him going through a crowd of non military personell like Obama does every time he shows up somewhere.

He never did. He was the boy in the bubble.

You know, for people who want English as the national language, you sure do suck at understanding it. People who disagreed with you aren't morons. They're people who know that the phrase "lawful contact", when not defined in the statute or anywhere else in the legal code of the state, is a license for police to do whatever the hell they want.

Try to stay focused POLK, the law's language was amended - what is your complaint now? Hmmm?

Because some people are absolutely morons, the Governor of Arizona changed the wording of the law. Now it says:
Another change replaces the phrase "lawful contact" with "lawful stop, detention or arrest" to apparently clarify that officers don't need to question a victim or witness about their legal status.
Governor signs several changes to Arizona immigration law - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com

CASE CLOSED!!!

That's one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it is that the government signed changes into the law because it was unconstitutional the first time around.

Feel free to look at it whatever way you want. I predicted this would happen, that they'd change the law.

Try to stay focused POLK, the law's language was amended - what is your complaint now? Hmmm?

After amendment, it's more useless than anything else, since they already had the legal authority to do that without the law. Which is what makes your claims even more bizarre.

WHAT?!?!?!?!

He never did. He was the boy in the bubble.

That's one good thing about letting the wack fuckers flap thier gums for a while...stuff like that point just naturally rise to the surface and the fuckwits have to remember back, admit they never saw a civillian shake Bushes hand in public and by comparison thier stupid point is made even more rediculous. And it shows how daangerous the lying sacks of shit really are.

After amendment, it's more useless than anything else, since they already had the legal authority to do that without the law. Which is what makes your claims even more bizarre.
Useless? Tell that to the illegal aliens in Arizona, they are packing their bags as I type......

Now that isn't a nice thing to say about the Bush's and Mr. Reagan, and every president since Cleveland now is it?

Sure, other presidents have turned a blind eye to illegal migration. Some have tried and failed to bring about effective legislative change. But funny I don't recall any of the rest of them creating a media circus or threatening legal action on a State protecting its own people with a bill they didn't even bother to read before they opened their race-baiting mouths.

Look at the shreiking attacks on AZ because it is checking legal residency status.

If it's okay for the WHITE HOUSE to check such info just to shake the President's hand, why on earth shouldn't AZ be able to check green cards when a driver is detained?

Except that...
1. Existing law already give police the power to check the IDs of people pulled over for speeding and other moving violations.
2. The Arizona law doesn't just cover when someone is committing a crime. It allows the police to ask for ID at any time.

To quote myself quoting myself:

To quote myself (post 48 )

And for the record, here's the AZ law for stop and identify:

13-2412. Refusing to provide truthful name when lawfully detained; classification

A. It is unlawful for a person, after being advised that the person's refusal to answer is unlawful, to fail or refuse to state the person's true full name on request of a peace officer who has lawfully detained the person based on reasonable suspicion that the person has committed, is committing or is about to commit a crime. A person detained under this section shall state the person's true full name, but shall not be compelled to answer any other inquiry of a peace officer.

B. A person who violates this section is guilty of a class 2 misdemeanor.

Note, the police must have reasonable suspicion that the person has committed, is committing or is about to commit a crime.

AGAIN:

Note, the police must have reasonable suspicion that the person has committed, is committing or is about to commit a crime.

So... WHY then, is the security of the country as a whole of less importance to this administration than the security of the president?

This is the germane issue. Are our self-appointed elites more important than the U.S. itself? We're heading in that direction.

Forum List

Back