Who here is a supporter of TRUTH.

The truth is some people don't WANT to know the truth. They'd rather go along believing lies which they think makes their lives easier. And for these people it does. Myself, just give me the truth. It's better that way. The truth sometimes hurts, but it should at times.

are you talking about truth or facts??

Truth and facts are pretty much one in the same. Now I have heard that some people use facts to bend the "truth" to their way of thinking. But the mentally ill or liars say all sorts of crazy stuff.

Truth is truth. It doesn't belong to anybody or anything. It is just what it is.
Not when your truth involves quantifiable metrics.

As in

"The vast majority of people are mentally ill and liars."

That is a quantifiable thesis statement.

Now prove it.

The truth is Jesus Christ,.. next!!

Jesus was just a successful cult leader. I wonder what a "cultsmasher" as you keep bringing up would say about that. Maybe that you can trap more flies (or suckers) with honey than you can with vinegar.

No, your truth is based on your availability of information on any subject.

And, since none of us are omniscient, there is really no way to know "the truth" on any fundamental topic.

My truth is based on facts. And I know many facts. But that is besides the point. Either you support truth or you don't.

I don't know if he meant to say that or if it was basically a mental fart. Because a truth isn't truth unless it is factual.

The truth is some people don't WANT to know the truth. They'd rather go along believing lies which they think makes their lives easier. And for these people it does. Myself, just give me the truth. It's better that way. The truth sometimes hurts, but it should at times.

I agree.

Bold statement for somebody who doesn't even know me. I take it you're a supporter of lies.
Thank you! I suppose that I could have made it more obvious that I was referring to your response (#11) as being pathetic in that you refused to discuss your own topic.

P.S. What "lies" are you referring to? Do you refuse to discuss that, too?

Not when your truth involves quantifiable metrics.

As in

"The vast majority of people are mentally ill and liars."

That is a quantifiable thesis statement.

Now prove it.

Proof isn't allowed. That's why the world is as fucked up as it is.

The truth doesn't need anyone's support.
That said, as a Realist, I conform my views to the facts (truth) as I find it and not the other way around, as some (even here in USMB) obviously do.

210pnx.jpg

Anyone who voted for Trump cannot claim they support Truth

1655423048284.jpeg

Forum List

Back